Moon landing

The moon landings

• were faked

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Curiosity killed the Adam.

I read on CNN that about 25% of those who were born after the landings don't believe it happened (and thus, don't believe in the level of human ingenuity that it took to go there).

So I'm curious if that holds true on this forum...

-Adam

Shannow

Staff member
Well, if you cut me, I may get a staph infection. Thank god I would have Pennicillin for that!

Shannow said:
Well, if you cut me, I may get a staph infection. Thank god I would have Pennicillin for that!
Oh, no he didn't! *snap, snap, snap, head swivel* Mm-mmm!

S

Steven Soderburgin

Anyone who gleefully ignores the mountain of evidence that the moon landings actually happened is stupid. :)

-- Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:46 am --

I really wonder who voted the second option. I know the one person who voted the first option (it was me, as a joke), but who were the two people who are unsure?

Z

Zarvox

Also, I don't know where CNN got those numbers. Last I heard the belief was at 6% – curiously, just like most every other prominent conspiracy theory out there. Moon landing, JFK assassination, 9/11 truth, new world order, all that stuff stays pretty consistently at 6% until it fades into obscurity (like the Lincoln assassination conspiracy theory). Makes you wonder if it's the same 6% in every theory. Also makes you wonder if it's even worth combating these ideas, or if 6% of the population is always going to believe these sorts of things.

C

Chazwozel

Kissinger said:
Anyone who gleefully ignores the mountain of evidence that the moon landings actually happened is stupid. :)

I really wonder who voted the second option. I know the one person who voted the first option (it was me, as a joke), but who were the two people who are unsure?

WHY??!??? WHY ARE THERE STILL PEOPLE THAT DOUBT THE MOON LANDING?!?!??!

GOD! It's so easy to prove. The astronauts set up mirrors on the moon. There have been COUNTLESS of armature astronomers who have relayed a laser signal to the moon and received it back. YOU CAN PING THE MOON!

Scientists use these mirrors ALL THE TIME to track the orbit of the moon.

Chazwozel said:
Kissinger said:

WHY??!??? WHY ARE THERE STILL PEOPLE THAT DOUBT THE MOON LANDING?!?!??!

GOD! It's so easy to prove. The astronauts set up mirrors on the moon. There have been COUNTLESS of armature astronomers who have relayed a laser signal to the moon and received it back. YOU CAN PING THE MOON!

Scientists use these mirrors ALL THE TIME to track the orbit of the moon.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmVxSFnjYCA:261f9puh][/youtube:261f9puh]

This is also not a representative cross sample. Almost everyone on this forum is wealthy enough to afford a computer and monthly paying for internet, and educated enough to read/write English.

Shannow

Staff member
Well, lets see what Mr Aldren has to say about these hoaxes!

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOo6aHSY8hU:1qjx7b9m][/youtube:1qjx7b9m]

Shannow said:

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOo6aHSY8hU:2n8dom3o][/youtube:2n8dom3o]
That never gets old. Buzz Aldrin is probably the closest thing humanity has to Han Solo at this point.

C

Chazwozel

Charlie Dont Surf said:
This is also not a representative cross sample. Almost everyone on this forum is wealthy enough to afford a computer and monthly paying for internet, and educated enough to read/write English.

HHAHAAHAHHAHAHA :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Rob King said:
Shannow said:

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOo6aHSY8hU:vbk9hoiy][/youtube:vbk9hoiy]
That never gets old. Buzz Aldrin is probably the closest thing humanity has to Han Solo at this point.
That said, spare a thought for the late, great Charles "Pete" Conrad, Jr. Another one of the coolest astronauts who ever lived. :toocool:

i called my mom and told her about the mirrors and stuff. she said that they were probably just put there by a robot.

my mom is, normally, a very rational person, but... :facepalm:

Charlie Dont Surf said:
it's a representative cross sample of our forum. that is the point of a :quote: forums poll :quote:

Rob King said:
Shannow said:

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOo6aHSY8hU:16drl3r0][/youtube:16drl3r0]
Sadly, this is true. On the news the other night Buzz was talking about the death of one of the US' heroes that went unnoticed.

Darrell "Shifty" Powers Passes Away June 17.

I heard about this on the news two nights ago. With all the shit flying around about Michael Jackson who did nothing more than sing well, Shifty went without fanfare or even a mention in the news for almost a month.

If it weren't for Buzz Aldrin we still wouldn't have heard about this.

-- Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:10 pm --

In fact, I'm going to give this its own thread.

Z

Zarvox

Charlie Dont Surf said:
Gurpel said:
it's a representative cross sample of our forum. that is the point of a :quote: forums poll :quote:
It was more to the person that didn't know how CNN got 25%
Charlie, I hate to be the guy who starts the flame war, but as usual you were too busy assuming that any and every post must contain a slight against the poor, the uneducated, minorities, hell, maybe even small animals for all I know – you cast a pretty wide net. In my (quite short) post, I said nothing about forum polls. I'm pretty sure we've had no polls on the JFK assassination, 9/11 truthers, or anything of the sort, so the post doesn't even make any sense at all given what I wrote – if, of course, you'd bother to read past the first sentence before assuming I was overlooking the poor and the uneducated.

Also, I'm aware that your post does not explicitly state anything about how I'm overlooking the poor and uneducated and how it's so mean of me. It's just that given the countless posts you've made on that theme, it's probably safe to assume that whenever you talk about the underrepresented etc. in relation to someone else, you're implying the horrible insensitivity of the other person.

Zarvox said:
Charlie, I hate to be the guy who starts the flame war, but as usual you were too busy assuming that any and every post must contain a slight against the poor, the uneducated, minorities, hell, maybe even small animals for all I know – you cast a pretty wide net. In my (quite short) post, I said nothing about forum polls. I'm pretty sure we've had no polls on the JFK assassination, 9/11 truthers, or anything of the sort, so the post doesn't even make any sense at all given what I wrote – if, of course, you'd bother to read past the first sentence before assuming I was overlooking the poor and the uneducated.

Also, I'm aware that your post does not explicitly state anything about how I'm overlooking the poor and uneducated and how it's so mean of me. It's just that given the countless posts you've made on that theme, it's probably safe to assume that whenever you talk about the underrepresented etc. in relation to someone else, you're implying the horrible insensitivity of the other person.
I'm not talking about forum polls either, just the CNN poll. In fact, my post was probably being pretty meanspirited and bigoted towards the group of people that don't frequent the internet. I can believe it's 25% because I'm not underestimating how stupid and numerous those types of people can be.

The human race as a whole is a simmering pot of ignorance, stupidity, selfishness and immorality. It's trying to rise a bit out of that that makes a few individuals worthwhile.

S

SeraRelm

The Beatles were a simmering pot of ignorance, stupidity, selfishness and immorality?

They were people, man... they were people!

FEW INDIVIDUALS ARE WORTHWHILE I SAID

That includes the beatles, my mommy, and scarlett.

-- less than a minute ago --

also, whomever made this burger I'm eating. Man is this thing scrumptious.

Status
Not open for further replies.