Mother FUCKER I hate coffee.

Since this is now a generic coffee thread, here is a picture of my coffee machine a Dolce Gusto Eclipse.

IMG_0306.JPG

A nice arty round style let down only by the (not pictured) ugly ass orange plug cable.

I already posted pictures of Arron Burrgrinder in another thread, but the rest is a Keurig, a copper French press, and then a Cuisinart 12 cup for company. Mr. Z also got one of those pitchers to make iced coffee/cold brew at home, but honestly it's been hit-or-miss with me. I think it's because the grounds keep sneaking through the filter.

I have a beautifully large press that I love but can't justify keeping around anymore. We can't afford good enough coffee to really let it shine and since my wife needs her coffee as soon as she wakes up we just have a normal drip machine. It's a shame really.

Press gang rise up.

My work provides free coffee. My favorite thing about it is that it’s free. I don’t drink non-free coffee.

GasBandit

Staff member
I have only once chosen to drink coffee of my own free will. I was visiting my parents house for a wedding. The day after the wedding I had the second worst hangover I have had in my entire life (the first worst is a story for another time), and the first thing I did when getting out of bed was go straight to the kitchen, take the coffee pot right out of the brewer and lift it directly to my lips, and I drank the whole thing down in one lift (there was probably about 4 cups left in it). It was black, it was cold, and it saved my life.

I have only once chosen to drink coffee of my own free will. I was visiting my parents house for a wedding. The day after the wedding I had the second worst hangover I have had in my entire life (the first worst is a story for another time), and the first thing I did when getting out of bed was go straight to the kitchen, take the coffee pot right out of the brewer and lift it directly to my lips, and I drank the whole thing down in one lift (there was probably about 4 cups left in it). It was black, it was cold, and it saved my life.
Coffee is over of the worst possible things to drink with a hangover. I know, lots of people do it, but while it will wake you up, it'll also dehydrate you even further. Drink aquarius, it's pretty much made for rehydration.

Coffee is over of the worst possible things to drink with a hangover. I know, lots of people do it, but while it will wake you up, it'll also dehydrate you even further. Drink aquarius, it's pretty much made for rehydration.
Drinking coffee doesn't dehydrate you. It might have a less beneficial effect than something that doesn't make you pee more, but suggesting that drinking 4 cups of coffee is going to leave you more dehydrated than drinking nothing just doesn't hold up to any kind of consideration.

Drinking coffee doesn't dehydrate you. It might have a less beneficial effect than something that doesn't make you pee more, but suggesting that drinking 4 cups of coffee is going to leave you more dehydrated than drinking nothing just doesn't hold up to any kind of consideration.
I've had this exact same conversation with my wife.

The amount of acid in coffee is what hurts for me during a hangover. Unless it’s paired with a good amount of eggs and hash browns.

It's nice not to be the person saying this for once! haha

Coffee won't dehydrate you, but it is a diuretic, and caffeine has shown to activate contractions the colon and intestinal muscles, making you want to poop. So if you're already feeling the effects of a hangover, you might want fo be careful how much you have and your proximity to a toilet.