NCAA Football Thread

South Carolina is good?

Beat a ranked Kentucky and also Texas A&M. Got thumped by Georgia, of course, but hung with Arkansas…

No! No, this is the team that always dashes my hopes. They’ll probably lose every game for the rest of the season and wind up not bowl eligible. I am not going to fall for it again!
My Aggies are in QB trouble.

What the fuck is going on with South Carolina, lose to Florida and Missouri, but beat Kentucky and Tennessee?

Don’t misunderstand, I am happy the team is out of the cellar, I just want them to figure out an identity.

Dave

Staff member
I would like to thank Nebraska and Purdue for winning and making sure Iowa didn’t get embarrassed on a national stage in the Big 10 championship game.

Without exaggeration, one of the most influential offensive minds in recent football history, and one of incredibly rare examples of coaches who didn’t actually play. Really a one of one guy.

Without exaggeration, one of the most influential offensive minds in recent football history, and one of incredibly rare examples of coaches who didn’t actually play. Really a one of one guy.
Texas Tech was always a tough opponent during his time there. Sad news for CFB.

IMG_0981.jpeg

On the one hand, players should never be betting on their own games even when gambling is legal.

On the other hand "take the under on Iowa" is the opposite of insider information @Dave

Dave

Staff member
Any player who bets on their own team to lose or to not score as many points as possible should be immediately suspended or no longer allowed to play. If he'd have bet the over or Iowa to win I'd be a bit more understanding. Granted, he was not the starting kicker and he did not get any playtime during that game so it's a moot point and had no effect on the game, plus he's no longer playing football.

The big problem is that right now the sporting world absolutely glorifies gambling, especially sites like FanDual or DraftKings. And yet they expect these kids to exercise their limited judgement and NOT participate? Ludicrous.

So, four points on this:
1) It's a serious fucked up situation and of course people are focusing on the wrong things with sports and shit and throwing stones in glass houses when instead we need to be working on this kind of institutional shit or it's just gonna keep happening everywhere.
2) The fact that MSU of all places let him coach at all considering this investigation was going on, after all the Larry Nassar stuff, is unbelievably unacceptable. Now they're gonna *have* to put him on leave if not outright fire him and they won't get the credit of doing the right thing, it's just another edition of a school going "oops, ok you caught us" for backing another obvious scumbag.
3) I'm not coming at this at all from a rivalry thing, and all the smarmy UM fans on social media really don't have a leg to stand on until at the very least the Bo Schembechler statue comes down for his inaction with the reported Dr. Anderson assaults. Hero worship happens everywhere and it's stupid.
4) With all of that said and understood, "Mel Tugger" is objectively funny sorry.

2) The fact that MSU of all places let him coach at all considering this investigation was going on, after all the Larry Nassar stuff, is unbelievably unacceptable. Now they're gonna *have* to put him on leave if not outright fire him and they won't get the credit of doing the right thing, it's just another edition of a school going "oops, ok you caught us" for backing another obvious scumbag.
All reporting is that Michigan State didn’t know what he did besides a generic “complaint” until yesterday. Regardless of morals, the school has been aching for an excuse to fire Tucker without having to pay him, so I don’t see why they’d cover for him. It’s already reported that he’s been suspended and will be fired once the investigation has officially concluded.

All reporting is that Michigan State didn’t know what he did besides a generic “complaint” until yesterday. Regardless of morals, the school has been aching for an excuse to fire Tucker without having to pay him, so I don’t see why they’d cover for him. It’s already reported that he’s been suspended and will be fired once the investigation has officially concluded.
I'm actually flabbergasted that they're getting out of that buyout. I mean i get that it's for cause but yeah it's been an offseason of discontent around him in general without any of this being publicly known.

I retract my second point if the report of it staying sealed until this weekend is true, that would have been done for the safety of the victim.

Michigan's defense beats Minnesota 14-10 to keep possession of the Little Brown Jug

...oh yeah and our offense scored 38 points too

Miami coach Mario Cristobal fails to take a knee to run the clock out when his team had the game won.

This is the worst case of clock mismanagement since... Oregon coach Mario Cristobal failed to take a knee to run the clock out when his team had the game won.
IMG_2176.jpeg

Last edited:
Miami coach Mario Cristobal fails to take a knee to run the clock out when his team had the game won.

This is the worst case of clock mismanagement since... Oregon coach Mario Cristobal failed to take a knee to run the clock out when his team had the game won.
View attachment 46209
That's an unfortunate call. The GT fans must have gone nuts. Good for GT for being able to capitalize.

Dave

Staff member
The Iowa QB completed one pass in the second half of today’s game against Wisconsin. For 1 yard. He finished with 6 completions for 37 yards. Iowa won by 9.

The Iowa QB completed one pass in the second half of today’s game against Wisconsin. For 1 yard. He finished with 6 completions for 37 yards. Iowa won by 9.
The Iowa OC actually has a clause in his contract that the team has to average 25 points a game. Let's see how they'r- oh dear lord
IMG_2267.jpeg

Dave

Staff member
Oh I am well aware of that clause. In fact, an Iowa ugly win makes me happy specially BECAUSE of said clause. Fuck that guy.