New PETure Thread (aka: Pet Pic Thead)

Zaphod and Trillian, welcome to the PatrThom household.
RenderedImage 2b.jpg

This morning, our son accidentally killed Trillian through stupid horseplay.
We may soon lose Zaphod to another home since now it seems we have to worry about his (Zaphod's) safety.
I don't know how I should feel right now, but mostly I feel very, very sad. And angry. And sad.

EDIT: 37 days. We had her just 37 days.
She deserved better than this.

--Patrick

Last edited:
An update to this, since I think one is warranted. We finally managed to get (what we believe to be) the story out of him, and it goes something like this (and the evidence is consistent with this account):
-Ha ha I will get the cats wet it will be fun.
-Oh no the cats are wet my parents will see it when they get up and get mad at me (this all started 7:30a-8a-ish).
-I will dry the cats off with this blanket.
-Oh no the cat is making a lot of noise wrapped in this blanket my parents will hear it and get up and get mad at me.
-I must stop the meowing.
-I have successfully stopped the meowing.
-Oh no I have also stopped the moving.

...so while we* were worried at first that this was some kind of, "I will derive pleasure by torturing small, defenseless animals," it turns out this was actually a series of escalating panicked reactions to being caught and having to face consequences--much like a Ben Stiller movie, except that in this case, someone ended up dead as a result.

We have been spinning this as a brutal, abject lesson in the importance of noticing when someone/something is giving you an indication that you should immediately cease your current behavior/action(s). This is a concept that we expect will be important later, seeing as how he's about to become a teenager. If this is what it takes to wake him up, then so be it, I suppose, though of course we wish the lesson would’ve been learned sooner.

--Patrick
*yes, "we." Not just me.

Last edited:
Sooo... we couldn't take the little guy audibly searching around the house for his sister, and...yeah.

curpairb.jpg

Found this little hypermelanistic girl only 8 days older than Zaphod, put my name in to adopt her, and a week later she was ours. And then we barely saw her for about a week or two and could never get her to stay in one place long enough for a photo. But then we put down a fuzzy blanket and trapped the both of them long enough to get this shot.

We still haven't decided upon a name for her yet. Her adoptive name was "Icee," but the current front-runners are "Li'l Miss," "Sombra," "Storm," "Nisha," "Sasha," "Susie Campbell," and "Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way."

--Patrick

Last edited:
Sooo... we couldn't take the little guy audibly searching around the house for his sister, and...yeah.

View attachment 42416

Found this little hypermelanistic girl only 8 days older than Zaphod, put my name in to adopt her, and a week later she was ours. And then we barely saw her for about a week or two and could never get her to stay in one place long enough for a photo. But then we put down a fuzzy blanket and trapped the both of them long enough to get this shot.

We still haven't decided upon a name for her yet. Her adoptive name was "Icee," but the current front-runners are "Li'l Miss," "Sombra," "Storm," "Nisha," "Sasha," "Susie Campbell," and "Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way."

--Patrick
Given Zaphod's name I'm surprised you're not considering Trillian or Tricia.

GasBandit

Staff member
Given Zaphod's name I'm surprised you're not considering Trillian or Tricia.
We may soon lose Zaphod to another home since now it seems we have to worry about his (Zaphod's) safety.
I don't know how I should feel right now, but mostly I feel very, very sad. And angry. And sad.

--Patrick

Man, I genuinely WENT BACK TO CHECK that wasn't the former cat's name, and somehow in my head it was another H2G2 character's name and now I don't know why or how my mind decided that.
In which case Tricia and Random are possible.

I specifically intend for this cat to not be viewed as any kind of "replacement" for Trillian, and so whatever name she gets will be one not pulled from HH.

--Patrick