New Picture Thread

North_Ranger

Staff member
Technically, I'm a tankbuster in the army reserves. But I'm guessing I've dropped a few condition classes since coming down with my current ailment. But I still know my way around assault rifles, knives and bazookas. Missile teams with their winged dicks can go fuck themselves ;)

GasBandit

Staff member
I'll have all of you know I once tore the tag off a sofa cushion in full view of an officer of the law.

He did nothing, he was so intimidated.

*chuckles wryly* Honestly, I think if it came down to it, Doc would win, being a combat veteran and all. (Didn't know he was Old Guard - mad props! )

That is NOT to say, however, that I wouldn't give it one HELL of a fight. *evil grin*

I'll have you all know I've won a few fights in my day.

(of course those days also included recess and nap time)

Always happy to share my passion, no prompting needed! Hahaha

Built this car a year ago, for circuit racing. The bodyshell was one of the last Golf mk 1 type made in SA (called the CitiGolf) and was purpose built for circuit racing, but with the road wheels on is street legal.

VW 2.0 8v sohc motor modified to about 170 bhp but also very reliable. Built and tuned by my little business. Weighs about 820kg so bhp/tonne is good. Koni suspension (coil overs) full roll cage. Simple and robust, and makes me feel young. I'll post some pics of our raceday (floods this weekend on the East Coast of SA) when I have them if you like?

figmentPez

Staff member
I had my mom take pics of me in my new shirt thinking her iPhone 4S should have a great camera, so I'd get nice large pics. Nope, 640x480 little blurry shots. The bad lighting is probably my fault. but you can't even tell the shirt is green and purple.

image.jpeg

I had my mom take pics of me in my new shirt thinking her iPhone 4S should have a great camera, so I'd get nice large pics. Nope, 640x480 little blurry shots. The bad lighting is probably my fault. but you can't even tell the shirt is green and purple.

View attachment 8574
No phone has a "great" camera, but that's not a bad picture. I can tell the colors of it. Looking good my friend.

A good friend of mine dragged me to the mall today in order to help boost my spirits. Long story short, I'm dropping out of my education practicum because of various reasons that pretty much scream that I'm not ready to be a teacher.

At least in the meantime, I managed to find an awesome costume...

(Note: I didn't actually buy this, but my friend thought it was hilarious.)

View attachment 8574
I had a lot of trouble with this with our camera, and discovered that digital cameras have a very hard time getting purple right.

North_Ranger

Staff member
A good friend of mine dragged me to the mall today in order to help boost my spirits. Long story short, I'm dropping out of my education practicum because of various reasons that pretty much scream that I'm not ready to be a teacher.

At least in the meantime, I managed to find an awesome costume...

(Note: I didn't actually buy this, but my friend thought it was hilarious.)
I can see you're looking as handsome as ever, Nick. But aren't you going to show us the costume?

I had a lot of trouble with this with our camera, and discovered that digital cameras have a very hard time getting purple right.
Black light with any type of motion is very, very difficult to photograph with a digital. One of the few things that I miss using film, otherwise really, really love my digital SLR.

My boat in action on Saturday! It was one helluva wet race meeting, and our field was diminished. Had a nice excursion off the track sideways at 70mph, and managed to pull it off but typically, nobody was around to catch that on camera. So here are a few pics anyway to bore you senseless.

On three wheels FTW :)

Brought her home in one piece, and also managed to match the pace of the class I am targetting, with a 2nd in Class for the day! That was my weekend in a nutshell!