New Picture Thread

I found silly stickers in my room recently, and I had some fun with them.

My friend had a birthday/house warming party that was dinosaur themed, and I made some cupcakes!
I got the bone sprinkles from a coworker, bought little dino figures from Hobby Lobby, and those little dino candles just happened to be at Safeway when I went to pick up a couple ingredients! Cupcakes and frosting were made from scratch. The grassy ones are chocolate with vanilla buttercream, and the boney ones are red velvet with cream cheese frosting dyed brown. The red velvet recipe was AMAZING and I'm using it forever.

I don't care about football, but I love Seattle and have fun sporting colors and doing crafty things! My best friend and I made cupcakes for the superbowl! She went to a party at her dad's place and I worked all day. :p I made cupcakes for my coworkers!
Best friend's cupcakes. She came up with the idea to make little toothpick toppers. I helped with the printing, and we assembled them together! She actually bought frosting that came with sprinkles in blue and green! Unfortunately they also had black and yellow mixed in, so we had to take all of those out. It didn't take too terribly long... >.> We weren't about to mix in Steeler's colors though!

Vanilla with the same buttercream frosting recipe as before. I just used the leftover frosting from the dino party since I had made so much of it, and it was just the right amount!

Right after finishing my cupcakes around 12:30am... I realized I still had to paint my nails. Yes, *had* to. I had originally planned on painting the logo again, but that took so long the last time that I just did a quick design before bed, and I actually really liked what I came up with at the last minute!

And today I made a cake for my friend's birthday party (tomorrow). I made cupcakes for him last year, and all he wanted was vanilla with vanilla frosting, and that's all he wanted this year too. Well, I was determined to have fun making his boring vanilla and vanilla, so I made a cake instead, and decided to make a Luigi hat since he loves Luigi!
All from scratch again, and this vanilla recipe is 10x better than the ones I used for the Seahawks cupcakes! Another recipe I'll be using FOREVER! This was my first "shape" cake that started off as a 9" circle. Simple design, and while it's far from perfect, I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out!

What's on your foot, Nick? It looks like a bunch of colorful bandaids covering all but two of your toes.
Super colourful duct tape. It's for some bad warts on my two toes. :/[DOUBLEPOST=1391693600,1391693432][/DOUBLEPOST]
I could never take a picture while doing that. Glad you're making progress! :D
Sure you could. It just takes time and practice.

(And for the record, while I can't get my leg any higher, I can stand on one leg for quite a long. My balance is phenomenal these days. ;))

I love everything about this sentence. There needs to be more dinosaur-themed events!
The front door had a "Jurassic Park" sign taped to it, there was a dinosaur themed "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" banner along with matching plates and cups, LOTS of dino figures all over the house, a few artist and game dev friends gifted dino arts, and they also had Jurassic Park playing. Oh! And birthday Philoso-raptor memes throughout the house as well. She also wore a dino kigurumi (until it got unbearably hot) and many friends had dino attire (one guy even had t-rex slippers). Now I want a themed party!

I saw them play it, but it doesn't give me an idea on whether the game is fun :) Table Top is fun to watch, but I wouldn't use it as a metric in determining if a game is worth playing. They played Munchkin, after all!

They played Munchkin, after all!
I've never played Munchkin, but I'm pretty sure thems are gonna be fighting words for some people :p

It's introduced me to a whole bunch of games I otherwise never would have known about and now love such as Forbidden Island, Small World, Elder Signs, etc...

Sure, but you now realize how bad Munchkin is, right?

Munchkin, like Monopoly, is a game which convinces people to play OTHER GAMES. It doesn't suddenly make Munchkin (Monopoly) good. It is what it is.

Now enjoy your good games.

Took this at the gym tonight. Fighting to lose around 30-40 pounds. Right now, I'm around 230-235 lbs, depending on how picky my weight is that day.

At the end of my workouts, I've been doing a bit of yoga and stretching in their big room for classes (not during class time, obviously). This is a standing balancing pose from DDP Yoga that I try to do sometimes. Ideally, it looks something like this.

I've got a ways to go in order to achieve that.

On the bright side, I've noticed my arms are getting bigger again. The gun show is slowly returning. :D
You realize that the dirty mirror makes it look like you've been snorting..... well, let's say, powdered sugar.

Sure, but you now realize how bad Munchkin is, right?

Munchkin, like Monopoly, is a game which convinces people to play OTHER GAMES. It doesn't suddenly make Munchkin (Monopoly) good. It is what it is.

Now enjoy your good games.
I don't recall saying that every game on Table Top is great, but watching other people play it will definitely give you an idea of whether or not you want to play it.

Leyla started solids 2 weeks ago. She's a huge fan of rice cereal.

DSC06534.JPG

This week she's been trying Barley.

DSC06538.JPG

And she's not a fan...

DSC06540.JPG

Has it been 6 months already?

IMG_0417.JPG

Our morning routine. Needless to state, don't need much coffee anymore.

Le Sigh.