New Picture Thread

Attachments

My profession is in Pet Grooming,
And I’m just so proud of this groom I did I wanted to show it off.

This is Marley the doodle with a full Mohawk down her back! The tail had to be shaven did to matting but she was an amazing girl to work on and a beautiful dog to look at.

Attachments

Hey, that's not bad at all! You fall out of habit really quickly, it'll come back. That's not the easiest kick in the world to begin with, never mind after nine years

If I had any advice to give, I'd say just try and bend your upper body more as you rotate to help get height on your kick and reduce the risk of tearing something. Also helps with balance and rotation, in my experience, but that might just be me being used to doing it a certain way.

And of course, you want to land back in ready stance after the kick lands.

Let me just say that if you landed that kick you did on me, judging by how far the bag tilted, I would likely be flying out the window. Or it looks like there's a door there. So let's say there'd be a me-shaped hole in the door.

So from that perspective I'd say it was a successful kick.

Hey, that's not bad at all! You fall out of habit really quickly, it'll come back. That's not the easiest kick in the world to begin with, never mind after nine years

If I had any advice to give, I'd say just try and bend your upper body more as you rotate to help get height on your kick and reduce the risk of tearing something. Also helps with balance and rotation, in my experience, but that might just be me being used to doing it a certain way.

And of course, you want to land back in ready stance after the kick lands.
Yeah, I used to teach this stuff for a lot of years. Just after the boys moved out, I got lazy and quit practicing. That was...a while ago. This is a kung-fu style spinning hook, so in theory I shouldn't be leaning forward/slightly-away because it pulls power away from the opponent (though I do understand some styles do use that mechanic)...I'll get back there eventually. I'm mostly happy I could still do it at all my first try after so long away from it.

Let me just say that if you landed that kick you did on me, judging by how far the bag tilted, I would likely be flying out the window. Or it looks like there's a door there. So let's say there'd be a me-shaped hole in the door.

So from that perspective I'd say it was a successful kick.
The base of the bag weighs 110 lbs. Which, I guess isn't really as heavy as it sounds, since it's easier to tilt than it is to lift.

Not saying my kicks don't still have power...but it was sloppy :(