New Picture Thread

On the disc tray it says, "Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope." And I didn't even notice until the second time I opened it. XD
The controller is a bit of a fingerprint magnet (damn you, chrome!) but good thing I'm not picky and not looking at the controller while I'm playing! It also has the updated d-pad which is nice. Still not a perfect d-pad since it's still a circle, but definitely easier to use!

Oh and here's my stupid JOY/MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENT story that goes with the new xbox...

So we needed a new 360 for some time now since our elite biffed it a couple years ago. We'd been using our roommates Halo 360 for the past 2 years, and that was all fine and dandy, but it was time to have our own again and we really wanted the sexy SW console.
SO bought the new console and a transfer cable (made sure it was a slim-to-slim cable) and attempted a file transfer the next day.
  • Un-boxed the new console and transfer cable.
  • JOY Sexy new console! Wooo! Photos! Oh yeahhh hurrah! Can't wait to transfer files and play my games!
  • CONFUSION Look at the Halo 360, look at the cable, can't figure out how it works. Can't figure out how to take out the HDD. Flipped the console every which way...
  • IDEA Look it up online!
  • DISAPPOINTMENT Can't find what I need, and a lot of posts say slim-to-slim transfer can't be done, or you need a third console. (didn't notice how old these posts were)
  • JOY Found a YouTube video explaining how!!
  • DISAPPOINTMENT Need 2 slims and a regular 360 as the middle-man! (Again, didn't notice how old this video was.)
  • JOY Realized we still have the elite! HDD should still be a-okay so we can use it!
  • DISAPPOINTMENT Slim-to-slim cable doesn't work with the normal 360, just slims obviously...
  • Fine... I don't need my data. I can just download everything again and just start my games over. I guess I wasn't that far anyway and I get my achievement points...
  • DISAPPOINTMENT I do need my data. I was halfway through Mass Effect and had 100% Lego Harry Potter unlocked with achievements to complete still! (My best friend watched all this joy/sadness unfold in a span of about 5 minutes... she just laughed at me as I buried my face in the ground.)
  • Next day, friend sends me a video showing how slim HDD's are removed...
  • I'M STUPID
  • Bottom of the 360, there's a little latch that I failed to notice. Easy. Things get transferred. I'm happy. And still stupid.

S

SeraRelm

While the instructions in the system box itself would have told you... You didn't notice the slide lock holding the HD bay closed at all?

Nope, didn't notice it at all! I'm really surprised that I failed to notice the latch, especially because I looked all around the console for something that looked like it popped off or opened up. It's not like it was super hidden either...
Also, I read the instructions that came with the cable, but not the book that came with the console. It didn't even occur to me that the book would have info on the harddrive. I completely ignored the book since hey, I know how to hook it up and I know how the console works, so the book is useless, right? See, I was all kinds of stupid during that whole thing. :p But it made for a good story to tell Mike!

Ignore the crappy loaner gear. Pay closer attention to the shit-eating grin behind the bar-grill. Between this and the Honor Harrington fangroup I've become a member of, my pocket money is gone. I could care less. *grins broadly*

Ignore the crappy loaner gear. Pay closer attention to the shit-eating grin behind the bar-grill. Between this and the Honor Harrington fangroup I've become a member of, my pocket money is gone. I could care less. *grins broadly*
Denbrought goes to school in Georgia and does this stuff too. You guys should meet up and whack each other with swords.

On profile, but physical therapy cleared me to drop my packet for the Golden Knights. I may be trying out this September depending on how I feel.

I think this is the most recent picture I have of me (From my sister's baby shower two weeks ago), and it's making me realize just how much my hair is thinning:
481357_10150742863612609_1345780242_n.jpg

Dude, if your hair was pale blond, you'd be about the spitting image of one of the guys at my precinct.

Also, I don't know if I could take on Den - what if I caused him to lose the power of dance? I could not live with myself after that...

Dude, if your hair was pale blond, you'd be about the spitting image of one of the guys at my precinct.

Also, I don't know if I could take on Den - what if I caused him to lose the power of dance? I could not live with myself after that...
My hair has the unique quality of changing colours on a nearly daily basis. I definitely have picture where I AM a pale blonde. Most red heads would tell you I am blonde. Most blondes would tell you I'm a red head.

Well dang O_C, it's great to see another stick-jock in here :D

If you ever feel like making it to the pratice I go to regularly, I'm in the Incipient Shire of Depedale (Douglasville). You can come beat my ass, since I'm one of our worst :p Where do you go to?

Hmm, here's a picture of me in my kit, sans helmet.

Not a bad little setup you have there! I'm still in all-loaner gear, in the Shire of Forth Castle (Savannah).

I've got a couple folks offering me some second-hand stuff - we'll see how well that works out, due to size difference. *chuckles* But anything that helps save a dime makes up for it...

And likewise, anytime you feel like venturing down to Sea-Port, lemme know.

Not a bad little setup you have there! I'm still in all-loaner gear, in the Shire of Forth Castle (Savannah).

I've got a couple folks offering me some second-hand stuff - we'll see how well that works out, due to size difference. *chuckles* But anything that helps save a dime makes up for it...

And likewise, anytime you feel like venturing down to Sea-Port, lemme know.
Got out of loaner gear a little over a year ago, it's a fantastic feeling. It's all 2nd hand and cheap, of course (mostly hardened leather, with a few aluminum plates riveted here and there for added protection), but good for being on a student budget.

Will do. Any idea if you'll go Castle Wars? It's one of the biggest events around here, it's in Macon in mid-November every year. We could always meet there for a friendly sparring :p

Will do. Any idea if you'll go Castle Wars? It's one of the biggest events around here, it's in Macon in mid-November every year. We could always meet there for a friendly sparring :p
I would love to, but a) I don't think I'll be able to get authorized in time and b) It's a big question of whether or not I can get the time off work... but, if I can resolve a), I WILL find a way around b). *laughs*

S

SeraRelm

HRNNNNGGGGG..... you make things so difficult, NR...

Inspired by Gusto, I decided to sort out all the spare change I keep in a coffee tin:
Change.jpg

I haven't counted it yet. I don't think it will be a Gusto-level haul, but I estimate probably $50-$60

*EDIT:
Final tally:
$78.97 CDN
$1.20 USD
¥6.80 RMB ($1.10 CDN)
2 TTC transit tokens (value= $3.00 CDN each)
1 mystery guitar pick

So... $80. I guess I can afford to go buy that Blu Ray player after all...

I didn't realize how many Yi Giao (sp?) Jiao I still had in my pockets when I came back from Beijing. I don't know what to do with it all, as it's really not enough to bother getting exchanged. It might be like, $4, max.
*Edit: Even less than that. It's 6.8 yuan, or $1.10 CDN

S

SeraRelm

It's like having a cut on the roof of your mouth and poking at it won't make it get better, but you do it anyway!