[Funny] Newt Gingrich: Let's colonize the Moon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

North_Ranger

Staff member
Man this gets better and better... the other day Newt was blathering something about homosexual marriage being akin to Paganism or some shit.

Nobody knows how sacred and special the biblical institute of marriage is than a man who's been married three times over, cheated on all his wives, and asked his second wife for an open marriage. Yep. Everyone has to follow the rules except Newt.
Don't do as the minister does; do as the minister says.
- old Finnish proverb

Nobody knows how sacred and special the biblical institute of marriage is than a man who's been married three times over, cheated on all his wives, and asked his second wife for an open marriage. Yep. Everyone has to follow the rules except Newt.
That's how he proves he's special enough to be president...

Dude... You do realize you just called Timo Vuorensola, a Finn, a douchenozzle? And that there will be consequences for that?

Sleep with one eye open, because we never forget. And we never forgive...

Seriously, though, I got from the trailer they were asked to bring the film to the Berlin Film Festival. Would you say no to that, honestly?
The idea that one's nationality makes them immune to douchenality is amusing.

North_Ranger

Staff member
The idea that one's nationality makes them immune to douchenality is amusing.
You gotta defend a bro, 'Mon ol' boy. Besides, in terms of douchenality, Timo Vuorensola the independent film director behind Star Wreck: The Pirkinning is far behind more prominent Finnish film personalities. I'd name a few but I guess only TommiR would recognize 'em.

So there arent any "arian only" movements in america? Cuz im pretty sure there are.
What wasnt shown in that most of the germans hate the rightwing movements,but free speech is protected in our constitution and the rightwing movement is smart enough to just skirt the line to not cross over into the hate speech area.For every rightwing protest there will be a large group of people trying to hinder them from reaching their goals or to drown out ther slogans.But People protesting against nazis dosnt sell as well as "NAZIS ON THE RISE!!!"

Plus your first report is about Nazis in Austria and the second report is 5 years old.

So there arent any "arian only" movements in america? Cuz im pretty sure there are.
What wasnt shown in that most of the germans hate the rightwing movements,but free speech is protected in our constitution and the rightwing movement is smart enough to just skirt the line to not cross over into the hate speech area.For every rightwing protest there will be a large group of people trying to hinder them from reaching their goals or to drown out ther slogans.But People protesting against nazis dosnt sell as well as "NAZIS ON THE RISE!!!"

Plus your first report is about Nazis in Austria and the second report is 5 years old.
Yeah, i'm sure with the crisis less people would be attracted to extremism... (i sw another one a few weeks back, but couldn't find it fast enough).

And the Austria thing was intentional, because american neo-nazies aren't holding balls...

EDIT:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-16056399

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-15790617

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-16708340

You gotta defend a bro, 'Mon ol' boy. Besides, in terms of douchenality, Timo Vuorensola the independent film director behind Star Wreck: The Pirkinning is far behind more prominent Finnish film personalities. I'd name a few but I guess only TommiR would recognize 'em.
Later in the news...

Crazy Finnish gunman kills entire orphanage.

North Ranger: "Pfftt, he's still my bro."

In 1862, Abraham Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation, freeing the slaves. Like everything he did, Lincoln freed the slaves while sleepwalking, and later had no memory of the event.
Well you'd be sleepwalking too after all those lost nights slaying vampires...

It's the way of the world. The French are accused of being cowards, the Brits are colonial overlords, Germans are all goose-stepping Nazis, Americans are slave traders, and Korea still isn't too happy with Japan. I'm sorry, but people are stupid.
I thought Americans were all gangsters?

--Patrick

America's too fucking big to have a stereotype beyond "They're arrogant and don't care about things happening outside of America." Those are probably the two that ring most true for us anyway.

North_Ranger

Staff member
I have no idea how true this is, but God does it still make me laugh...

Personally, though, I've liked the few Americans I've come across over the years. Granted, most of them are young students, but still most of them have been people I've enjoyed meeting and talking to. On the side of funny anecdotes, there was this time when I was in Ireland for my exchange year, and the international students spent a long weekend in Dublin. I was walking down O'Connell Street (the main boulevard) with some other students when this sneaky-looking guy comes to us out of the blue and in broad daylight and goes:

"Hey, wanna buy some weed?"

We just shake our heads and say our "No thank yous" and move on. After a moment of silence, one of the American guys - a really nice fellow from D.C. - chuckles and speaks up:

"You know, that almost made me feel like home."

I thought that was funny as hell.

Fun Fact: I have met arrogant Canadians and Europeans while living abroad. The latter especially, and are also more open in their racism. Canadians in particular are overt in showing their patriotism. I think the Canadians in South Korea actually bleed maple syrup. Of course, there's always exceptions. Canadians happen to be my favorite people to hang out with in China.

Another fun fact: My head nearly exploded when my I met my parent's friend on my little trip home whose first reaction upon hearing I had been living in China was ,"ching ying yang yong yao".

So yeah. I don't know if it's so much American arrogance as it is American ignorance, although a lot of the ignorance I encounter is mostly innocent, although sometimes eye-rolling.

Another fun fact: My head nearly exploded when my I met my parent's friend on my little trip home whose first reaction upon hearing I had been living in China was ,"ching ying yang yong yao".
That happens in the U.S. too. I facepalmed so hard hearing that shit from a relative one night when we ordered Chinese takeout. I need to send some people that "Asians in the library" thing, but I bet they won't even see what's wrong with it.

That happens in the U.S. too. I facepalmed so hard hearing that shit from a relative one night when we ordered Chinese takeout. I need to send some people that "Asians in the library" thing, but I bet they won't even see what's wrong with it.
My dad did that once when we went to the Hunan Lion here in Columbus. My brother and I literally yelled at him at the exact same time to knock that shit out. Never felt closer to my brother before or since.

America's too fucking big to have a stereotype beyond "They're arrogant and don't care about things happening outside of America." Those are probably the two that ring most true for us anyway.
Dude, the American middle class is too busy getting fucked in the ass by the rich and the poor to give a shit about other doings around the world.

Nah, I'll leave that kind of unwavering contrariness to Charlie.

Haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.