[NFL] NFL Thread

Panthers signed DJ Chark

I like it. We’ll see if he can remain healthy, but if so, this may be the WR1 we were looking for
yeah i kinda manifested that into existence for you so you're welcome lol

i was hoping the Lions would bring him back but I think our GM has a bigger plan for all the cap he just cleared with contract restructuring. The draft is too far away!!

@General Specific am I crazy to think the Panthers pivoting to Lamar instead of like CJ Stroud makes the most sense? They can give up the #1 overall pick, they certainly have the cap room to pay him, and they just got several weapons to help him out.

Which one would you prefer they did?

@General Specific am I crazy to think the Panthers pivoting to Lamar instead of like CJ Stroud makes the most sense? They can give up the #1 overall pick, they certainly have the cap room to pay him, and they just got several weapons to help him out.

Which one would you prefer they did?
Oh man, that'd be tough. I don't think they will, they gave up a bunch to get the 1st overall pick and if the Ravens match, then Carolina is suddenly on the hook for 2 - 1st round picks since Lamar is on a nonexclusive tag right now. Also, we have just come off several seasons of getting veteran QBs in and having them not perform up to expectations, including a stint where we even went back to Cam.

BUT, I will honor the intent anyway. Would I prefer Carolina to get Lamar or go with the 1st pick?

Honestly, I think the first pick. This lets our new coach, Frank Reich, get someone he wants and has the ability to gameplan around. Lamar would come in and instantly demand that he be the focus of the offense, whether intending to or not. That may throw the entire scheme off. Swerving now to Lamar would just cause even more chaos. We need stability after a few years of flying by the seat of our pants.

Edit: Ha! Just went and looked at ESPN and found a story that says Carolina is one of 10 teams not interested in trading for Lamar.

Oh man, that'd be tough. I don't think they will, they gave up a bunch to get the 1st overall pick and if the Ravens match, then Carolina is suddenly on the hook for 2 - 1st round picks since Lamar is on a nonexclusive tag right now. Also, we have just come off several seasons of getting veteran QBs in and having them not perform up to expectations, including a stint where we even went back to Cam.

BUT, I will honor the intent anyway. Would I prefer Carolina to get Lamar or go with the 1st pick?

Honestly, I think the first pick. This lets our new coach, Frank Reich, get someone he wants and has the ability to gameplan around. Lamar would come in and instantly demand that he be the focus of the offense, whether intending to or not. That may throw the entire scheme off. Swerving now to Lamar would just cause even more chaos. We need stability after a few years of flying by the seat of our pants.

Edit: Ha! Just went and looked at ESPN and found a story that says Carolina is one of 10 teams not interested in trading for Lamar.
Ha! I figured the 49ers would be one of them. We already have too many options at QB.

Update from Damar Hamlin's GoFundMe:

Today
by Damar Hamlin, Organizer
On January 2, the world changed for me and my family. Since that day, we’ve experienced a worldwide outpouring of support and love that has inspired me.
Thank you for being such an important part of this incredible journey, and for your gift to my charity.
Beyond my focus on returning to the football field, I’m honored to lead Chasing M’s Foundation, which is dedicated to the development, health & safety of youth through sports, engagement activities, training, and programming.
Because of what I experienced, I’m working to make sure that kids across the country have the same access to life-saving care that I did - if they need it.
Chasing M’s Foundation recently completed the filing to secure 501(c)(3) certified charity status.
All donors who contributed to this GoFundMe after January 2, 2023, will receive a tax-deductible donation receipt from Chasing M’s Foundation via GoFundMe.
In the months ahead, I’ll be sharing updates about specific programs, partnerships, and events that will raise awareness of the need for CPR training and AEDs and encourage young people to live their dreams. I hope to inspire those who face adversity.
I’m kicking off the first program of my charity, the Chasing M’s CPR Tour, which will touch down in Buffalo on June 3 and involve additional cities in the weeks to come. As a result of the generosity of so many, my tour will involve CPR training and the distribution of life-saving AEDs to support youth sports and community groups.
My charity is a blessing and an unexpected life mission. We’re humbled and proud to have the chance to use these funds to give back - and lift up others. I’ll continue to share additional updates on our work.
With gratitude,
Damar

This is from my neck of the woods. Might want to check out some of those tweets halfway through for an Easter egg...
Very cool. Did you get to go to the fan event?

Unfortunately, the fan event that I would have preferred to go to was on the other side of the state.

Very cool. Did you get to go to the fan event?

Unfortunately, the fan event that I would have preferred to go to was on the other side of the state.
Sadly no. By the time I would have gotten there, it would have been half over and I would have been fully baked from the sun.

And the wife wouldn't have been happy, either.

Also, I had to work in the morning, so that didn't help either.

On other news: he got to well over $400 k, last I looked. And McAfee topped the high donor with $25,000.