not so serious but I want to rant II: Redemption

Status
Not open for further replies.
I discovered that I can't get residency in Texas A&M unless I live there for a year and work in a job that's not school related. And I didn't know about the waiver site until today because it wasn't listed on the history department's website. Of course I should have an assistantship pretty soon and that'll make it moot, but I'm still annoyed because I might have spent money I didn't need to spend.

Somehow, I just spilled my ENTIRE freshly brewed, still bubbling, coffee on my feet. I don't think I have ever cursed so loudly in my life.
And my roommates failed to rescue my aloe in the move, so I've got nothing for burns.

E

Element 117

Somehow, I just spilled my ENTIRE freshly brewed, still bubbling, coffee on my feet. I don't think I have ever cursed so loudly in my life.
And my roommates failed to rescue my aloe in the move, so I've got nothing for burns.
Call your roommates and have them fetch some. I suppose we could airlift you a box, but.... it might arrive a bit late

Miss a night on the forum and I come back to find that Dave pissed on a cat and Amys abusing people or something.

Everything is right in the world.

E

Element 117

I am not abusing people! Kriskens are not legally defined as a "person!" just mellow and uncomplicated!

I got pulled over by a cop today for my inspection being ~a week out of date. At least I wasn't speeding, and the fine will be only $20 when I submit my proof of inspection-sticker.

Apparently we had a terrible storm last night, so of course that means I awakened to a house with no power.

And it stayed that way until about one o'clock.

I have a trick knee. I've had it since I was 3 when my brother threw me off of a toy chest and dislocated my shoulder, knee, and hip. It occasionally just goes out, and if I didn't have good reflexes, I'd just flop right down on the floor (and, in fact, I used to before I got good reflexes). On our last vacation day in Ireland, Calli and I went to the Cliff's of Moher, and we climbed a bajillion steps up the cliff, and then climbed up more steps at O'Brien's Tower up top. That was after spending the day before walking around a bunch of ruins and Dunguaire castle. So, by the time we were ready to come down from the cliffs, my knee was totally shot and I was limping and taking tiny shuffle steps like an 80 year old man.

Fast forward to today. I have a new student in the kung fu class.. A 25 year old dude who's fairly ripped because he does heavy lifting for a living. I sparred him this afternoon, and after choking him out, I realized that my knee wasn't ready for prime time yet. Here's me, shuffling around the house like an 80 year old. I'd feel old and worn out if it weren't for the fact that my knee's been fucked my entire life. Heh

North_Ranger

Staff member
Hm. That's strange...

Got an email from someone from my past. A former roleplayin' friend, a Southern gal I had a long-distance relationship once. I was pretty much an ass; we ended up fighting a lot and breaking up due to the problem of being on opposite sides of the Atlantic. I dropped out of radar about a year ago, feeling stressed out and anxiety-ridden about my thesis. Haven't heard from her in ages... and now she writes, asking if I still remember her.

Well, best man up to my past stupidity and see if she's mad at me. Wish me luck.

Don't do it, bro. Let it be and just be nice, of you talk to her at all.
Not sure how you took his comment, but seemed like he was going to go into it with a "Er, yeah, I remember ya. Sorry I was a d-bag and all. Hope things are working out for ya..." kinda conversation.

North_Ranger

Staff member
This is just what I have found personally, and from others I know, but often when an ex contacts you out of the blue they have likely just been dumped/got out of a relationship and are feeling lonely. This is when they go through their old black book and see what's there for temporarily filling the gap between their old relationship and their new one.

Not saying it is like that in this case, but if you do contact her, do it with some caution.
Caution is my middle name. Or was it Tapio? Not sure...

Anyways, there are a couple of kinks as to why I don't think this is a rebound matter:
1.) She lives in the States, I in Finland.
2.) I was, as Krisken put it, kind of "a d-bag" disappearin' the way I did, so I don't think I'd even make that rebound list.

Besides, I am dating these days. I contacted her last night in the hopes of salvaging a friendship, not cheat on my girlfriend.

so i was talking to a friend of mine who is in a relationship that is kinda breaking down (when the parents refuse to ahve dinner with the girl, and you go out to the pub and ditch ehr to drink with the boys cause she is annoying something is wrong) and kinda said somethign about a bet a few of our friends ahve on when they will break up, the response I recieved was worded in a way that he normally owuldnt speak. I think the girl may be using his phone. Instantly went into damage control, think I managed to cover everything up as a in joke us boys have. Now lets just hope she doesnt go psycho...

Dave

Staff member
so i was talking to a friend of mine who is in a relationship that is kinda breaking down (when the parents refuse to ahve dinner with the girl, and you go out to the pub and ditch ehr to drink with the boys cause she is annoying something is wrong) and kinda said somethign about a bet a few of our friends ahve on when they will break up, the response I recieved was worded in a way that he normally owuldnt speak. I think the girl may be using his phone. Instantly went into damage control, think I managed to cover everything up as a in joke us boys have. Now lets just hope she doesnt go psycho...
Texts are evil and last forever.

I need to step things up a bit and really get this job hunt moving quicker. I think if I set a goal of at least 10 job apps a day for a while I'll at least feel better about the whole thing. I also need to start going to bed and waking up earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.