[Music] Oh No. /facepalm

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hell dude. Warn people before we click on that. I can't think of anything more offensive to have play over my speakers.

GasBandit

Staff member
Soundcloud that shit and you can embed it.
I'm not sure I want to make it THAT easy to get to. Kind of like a child-proof cap, you know? It isn't an actual security measure, but it does help prevent accidents and make you think more about what you're getting into...

GasBandit

Staff member
Well, at least 15 people were curious enough to give it a listen, and then Dave went and embedded/streamed the dang thing.

I was more dissapointed that it was not a full on Nickelback song as why twist the knife part way, but then I realized you made me listen to partial Nickelback and still envoked dissapointment at the same time and realized you were meta-trolling. Well played(Not talking to you Nickelback hehe)

I don't get why people hate nickleback so much. They're not the greatest band ever, but I don't see what makes them so terrible.

Because hating on Spears/Bieber/pop-robot-de-jeur is too mainstream... Nickleback are such an easy alternative.

I don't get why people hate nickleback so much. They're not the greatest band ever, but I don't see what makes them so terrible.
Probably because their music is boring, bland and formulaic.

I do however greatly respect their ability to make money as people listen to the same stuff over and over and over again in every "new" album.

I mean, they aren't the worst band in the world (that would be colplay), but they are one of the suckiest for sure.

Well, some people disapprove because they basically put out the same song over and over again..
Where I get confused is that I could level the same complaint against dozens of popular bands, but no one brings them up. It feels like Nickelback has become the cool thing to make fun of instead.

How many of those bands have the insane success that Nickleback has?
I'm starting to wonder if this is a regional thing, since Nickelback isn't really popular around here. I haven't heard a song of theirs on the radio in at least 5 years. Maybe if people were crazy for Nickelback around here I would better understand the hatred.

Well, they're from my home province of Alberta and I can't stand them. Their songs are on the radio all the friggin' time (except for one station which prides themselves on being Nickel back free). The only thing I give that band credit for is they know how to make money by milking their rabid fans with the same formulaic songs over and over (I swear they reuse chord structures and riffs too).

GasBandit

Staff member
Not as ubiquitous as they used to be around here, sure, but there was a time not so long ago here that you couldn't get away from them. Of course, us having the only rock station in the market pretty much made sure this building was Nickelback Saturation Central.

Yeah, I saw a news piece about that. Either the band or their PR monkeys have taken to responding to criticism over Twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.