[Informational] Omaha Air Quality

Dave

Staff member
Apparently, Kansas was doing a controlled burn today. Not sure how big it was but it must have been really fucking big because at one point we were under an air quality warning. Looking at the Air Quality Index in real time, Omaha was at 179 while Shanghai was only at 162! We've gone down quite a bit because the wind finally picked up (sorry, South Dakota and Minnesota!) but I had fun poking around on that map...until I saw Romania. Holy shit!

300 is considered Hazardous. (The ratings are Good, Unhealthy for certain groups, Unhealthy, Very Unhealthy, and Hazardous.)

Romania has a place that is at 890.

Check out the site. It's interesting and scary at the same time.

Weird. There's not a single rating any Maritime provinces here in Canada.

Oh god, are we not breathing air?! Do we not need to breathe?!

Oh man, this map totally backs up the conversation we had about air quality in China and why I am horrified by it.

I am shocked by the air quality in Toronto. It's green! And I'm saddened for all the people who don't get green air.

It's not that I've ever thought that the air in Toronto is bad. I just wouldn't consider it good. So many cars.

There's a marker right near my house and it's at 15. I wonder how much influence the pollen count has on that number.

There's a marker right near my house and it's at 15. I wonder how much influence the pollen count has on that number.
Considering that there's a 16 out in the middle of nowhere in mid-northern Canada, I'd think that 15 is f'n fantastic.

As for where I live, if we were on there, I'd bet that it showed zero given all the wind and surrounded by ocean on 2.5-3 sides.

Currently in the low-to-mid 60's, mostly due to what blows across the lake.
THANKS, OBAMA...'S FORMER STATE.

--Patrick