Our semi-peri-annual Status Request thread.

If you know who this is, how are you? How have you been? What are you doing? Are you feeling alright? Do you need anything?

If you don't know who this is, hello, nice to meet you, who are you?

Have a day filled with joy, love, peace, and success.

Dave

Staff member
Hi, Amy!

• My leg hurts.
  • Working, living, loving. No longer playing softball.
  • Other than the leg, yeah, I'm fine! Thanks for asking!
  • I always need stuff. Mostly money. But I'll get by.
  • Have a good day yourself!

Reactions: Amy
How are you?
- I am well.

How have you been?
- Ups and downs, but thankfully more ups than downs.

What are you doing?
- I am writing a manuscript for my data and I will be submitting it by the end of July.

Are you feeling alright?
- I am having much more knee pain than I ever had. I blame age and the toddler.

Do you need anything?
- More time.

Hope you are well.

Dave

Staff member
It's a joke about Reddit. A guy used the "It's a trap!" meme and was banned. The mod told him he could write a 500 word essay and get unbanned.

GasBandit

Staff member
Well, lesse, since January... I got promoted at work with a 50% raise. The word "director" is now in my title. It's increased my work and stress load quite a bit actually, but hasn't impacted my post frequency quite as much as I thought it would.

1. Finally finished my bachelors degree and graduated with honors. I've applied to two local colleges for graduate school. I've also been working as a substitute teacher.
2. My husband (@AussieT) is about to start his final leave period before retiring from the Navy.
3. My anxiety is now nonexistent, but my depression is worse. I have an appt next week.
4. We're trying to buy a house here in HI.
5. Aussie's car got run into while parked in front of our house. Minor damage, less than our deductible. Guy was going to pay us directly, haven't heard from him since we got the estimate.
6. I've gotten tired of guilt trips, manipulation, and outright lies, so I'm now practicing limited contact with my parents and extended family even further than 5000 miles and several time zones between us already produces. Kind of sucks, but I don't need to deal with their bullshit on top of everything else going on in our lives (Aussie, the kids, and mine).
7. Last Friday was our 11th wedding anniversary.

So...yeah that's about it.

fade

Staff member
  1. Still working on Fade, but slowly these days. Kids are older, and it's just hard to find the time.
  2. Still in industry as a researcher. Tried to get back into academia, but it's changed since I originally went in. It's adjuncts all the way down now. Oh well, the money's good, and no one really tells me what to do here either.
  3. Learned a lot about electronics. Made singing pumpkins for Halloween and a voice level sensitive Christmas tree for Christmas.
  4. Wrote a short picture book about depression, and I'm shopping it around.
  5. Have been really into short film making. I have written a ton of 1-5 minute scripts. Currently collecting gear to make it happen.
  6. Having mid-life crises.

Got my undergraduate degree, started my masters in experimental psychology.

Made some actual real life friends through the grad program. I didn't realize how cloistered I had become until I realized that these are the first real friends I've made in over 6 years.

how are you?
Doing well, everyone is relatively healthy, and my wife is doing much better with her new diet/lifestyle and controlling her Lupus.

How have you been?
Great! We spent a week in Disneyland! We actually did the 24-hour event 2 weeks ago and spent a solid 24 hours in the park!

What are you doing?
Typing. Well, just living life and enjoying the time together.

Are you feeling alright?
Currently, except for feeling a little hunger, getting on toward supper time.

Do you need anything?
Money and more time, always.

If you know who this is, how are you?
Could be better, could be a lot worse.

How have you been?
Welp, since last we saw each other on this lovely message board, I've been diagnosed with Type II Diabetes (A1C score spiked to 6.7 - ugh). Now I'm poking myself twice a day and having to watch my carb intake. Other than that... well, I'm still employed by the State of Wisconsin. That should say volumes, if you follow the news at all.

What are you doing?
Right now, relaxing a bit. I'm off tonight, thankfully. Tomorrow night I go back into work.

Are you feeling alright?
Lot better than earlier this year. I had facet-joint injections to reduce back pain. The plus side: I'm able to move freely again without pain. The negative: the steroids resulted in a lot of weight gain - which likely led to the type-II diabetes thingy.

Do you need anything?
Just knowing you're still around is a good thing. I'm just holding on until I can (theoretically) retire in three years, and then get outta this crazy state.

Same to you, Amy. :)

Just got married, which was great. Honeymooned in Vegas.

My only two coworkers were promoted, so I have been doing the work of three people while training in their two replacements. I've actually enjoyed the added crazyness of it.

So, basically it's been absolutely nuts. Things are finally starting to slow down, and hopefully we can enjoy the summer. Looking forward to doing some camping.

Amy, are you feeling all right? Seeing you being so... well... pleasant makes me want to grab you and scream WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH AMY?!?

Anyway, I'm doing okay.

Always happy to get an Amy update!

In any case, not doing too badly... working through the night, have a funeral for an officer in the morning. Will be working my ass off for the foreseeable. Sleep would be nice, but not likely.

Hope you're doing well. Don't be a stranger!

Zappit

Staff member
Getting close - hopefully - to getting a classroom of my own.

Cartooning hard - I'm doing Supervillainous now, which the mighty power of my adult ADD has yet to squash.

Lost my grandfather just a few days before Christmas, and it still hurts like hell.

Kidney disease is back under control.

Howzabout you, Amy?

My Paralegal degree was only 10 weeks from retirement. So of course, someone blew up my college and killed it.

If you know who this is, how are you?
Doing OK. Better since I've been going to therapy. Less rage outbursts, less all-night-worrying sessions.

How have you been?
Ok, I guess. Vacation to Mexico was fun.

What are you doing?
Still the same soul-crushingly boring job I've been doing for 8 years now. I have two master's degrees, somehow i'd hoped to have gotten a little farther by the time I was 30. Still, I guess it's better than not working or insecurity.

Are you feeling alright?
....Surprisingly, yes.

Do you need anything?
More time to do what I want to instead of what I have to. More time to spend with people I like, and to spend on my own. Always more time.

Well, thank you, you too.

Spent the last 4-1/2 months on remote assignment.
Returned a week ago to pretty much what you would expect if you'd been gone for 4-1/2 months.
I have such a backlog now, and it seems like everything has to be done RIGHT AWAY.
I still manage to squeeze in as much joy, peace, and love as I can. Success will come in its own time.

--Patrick