[Rant] Peeves of the pet nature

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love asking for a large coffee at Starbucks then listening to the dimwit behind the counter explain that there are 3 sizes (translated) Large, Large, and Twenty.
The worst is cold stone where they're trained to assume you want medium. I ordered a small but since i didn't say "like it" thats what i got.

fade

Staff member
I like starbucks coffee. Tastes like coffee to me. If that's what your crap tastes like, I'm coming along next time you poop.

People who use 3rd party spam prevention on their email addresses that require people they've emailed to jump through a bunch of hoops in order to reply to their emails. I don't have time to put up with this bullshit and I'm not going to try to get our corporate domain name through your shitty spam filter. You want a reply? Get rid of that shit.

People who are afraid to drive in rain, or at night, or on curvy roads, or all three. If you live in western Washington and you're afraid to drive in any or all of these conditions, sell your car and take the damn bus.

Pizza places that give you no warning whatsoever that the delivery time is going to be ridiculous when you order online. If I'd known I was going to be waiting 85 - 95 minutes for this delivery, I'd've driven to the damn McDonald's.

Pizza places that give you no warning whatsoever that the delivery time is going to be ridiculous when you order online. If I'd known I was going to be waiting 85 - 95 minutes for this delivery, I'd've driven to the damn McDonald's.
I got a similar one, when they don't specify which number is the location closest towards you. One time I had to drive in this wicked bad storm only to find out I ordered from the wrong restaurant. UGH!

When two guys monopolize the rant threads. Seriously, do they think nothing bad happens to anyone else? It's like they think they own the place.

--Patrick

Unpunctual people. If you say you're going to be there at 2:30, then dangit, be there at 2:30. If you need it to be later, schedule it later. I have other things I could be doing other than standing around with all other things on hold because you could be showing up at "any second now" for 30 minutes.

I am also sometimes guilty of this sometimes but... dangit is it annoying when it happens to me.

In an office, people who drink the last of the coffee, but don't make a new pot.

:fu:
Ugh, when the support staff sit around the coffee room all day chatting instead of doing their effing jobs and you come in to get some of that shitty low end Superstore coffee and they've drank it all and not started a new pot.

Yes.

Lucky.

The phrase "No-homo". Its bad enough that people I knew said it when they were teenagers, now they say it as adults. Its weird how I'm a cartoon obsessed man with Aspergers syndrome, and yet I feel generally more mature every time I hear someone say that.

You know what's really annoying? When people give you their shipping address and don't tell you what country they live in. Like I'm just supposed to know which country Ludinghausen is in. Sure, it sounds like a German placename (and is), but just because it sounds German doesn't necessarily mean that it's in Germany. Come on people.

Unnecessary class conversation: Where its just before class right before a test, and you wanna study a little more but EVERYONE is talking. It...is irksome.

People who use United States English conventions and wordage despite living in Canada.

Extra annoyance for teacherswho grade elementry school spelling WRONG for using British/Canadian English spellings.

*shudder* It's truly kind of appalling to me, and genuinely makes my job harder to do because I waste tons of time making qualitative focus group data and turning it into something that look quantitative to the untrained eye, but is still obiously qual.

Status
Not open for further replies.