[Rant] Peeves of the pet nature

Status
Not open for further replies.
People who walk on the wrong side of the road. For fuck's sake- ALWAYS WALK ON THE RIGHT SIDE! Figuratively and literally.
Wrong. If sidewalks are available, you can walk on either in any direction. If no sidewalk is available, you're supposed to walk facing oncoming traffic, which in the USA means walking on the LEFT side of the road.

Wrong. If sidewalks are available, you can walk on either in any direction. If no sidewalk is available, you're supposed to walk facing oncoming traffic, which in the USA means walking on the LEFT side of the road.
Yes I was wrong, thank you. I am not sure why I posted my peeve wrong(probably because I like wordplay). I mean hell, fucking move! There is plenty of room OFF the right side.

Waiting more than two hours for food. It...bugs me.

Ear worms. I have a few songs stuck in my head from the Color Run today including Gangnam Style and Party Rock Anthem. I've read listening to the entire song again should take care of it....but I don't even really like these songs!!

Ear worms. I have a few songs stuck in my head from the Color Run today including Gangnam Style and Party Rock Anthem. I've read listening to the entire song again should take care of it....but I don't even really like these songs!!
I've tried that, its got a fifty fifty chance of working. Though if what I've learned from the webcomic "Tripp" is accurate, then listening to Spirit in the Sky will dissolve any song you have in your head. I've tried it and I think it works!

Receiving text messages that make my brain want to run screaming "I R iz dum u no"

I refuse to respond to texts like that. On those occasions where I know its something I should read I call and ask what the hell it said or tell them I don't get texts so I hopefully never get another one like it again.

I've heard that doing a math problem will also help shut down the earworm.

Someone else (Radiolab?) suggested that Starship's "We Built This City (On Rock 'n' Roll)" can erase any other song from your head.

Good news, though. If "Gangham Style" is the song that is stuck in your head, I have a guaranteed cure. If you have a modern browser (ie, Chrome or Safari), click here and let it run until that yappy part of your brain has had enough and curls back up into its corner (until next time).

--Patrick

Someone else (Radiolab?) suggested that Starship's "We Built This City (On Rock 'n' Roll)" can erase any other song from your head.

Good news, though. If "Gangham Style" is the song that is stuck in your head, I have a guaranteed cure. If you have a modern browser (ie, Chrome or Safari), click here and let it run until that yappy part of your brain has had enough and curls back up into its corner (until next time).

--Patrick
Firefox isn't a modern browser then huh?

When you open Firefox right after you turn on your computer and for some reason it just closes. This happens to me like, every other day.

So, tonight I hung out with one of my best friends and her boyfriend and some of his friends. They're all ultra-gamers. One of them is working his dream job as a video game dude at Best Buy and the other is unemployed, happily so, because it allows him to play video games all day. Talking about how exciting it is to be lining up at the midnight release of Halo 4 where they can all get their Halo 4 edition Xboxes. They all have Xboxes already. Why do you need another console because it has a shitty Halo paint job? What the fuck? This is how Xbox sells so many consoles.

I hate these kind of people. Not a word out of their mouths isn't some video games utterance. Fuck.

This is what comes to mind:

Often I feel like I play too many video games and spend too much time thinking about them but then I meet people like this and realize, hey, I can discuss books that aren't Warcraft novels or Halo novels, I don't own any video game t-shirts, I shower and shave and maybe my shit isn't so bad after all.

--Patrick
It's not working. I just danced for like 25 minutes.

When I'm playing an online game of any variety and get grouped up with people bragging about how high/drunk they are, as if though it makes them awesome.

When I'm playing an online game of any variety and get grouped up with people bragging about how high/drunk they are, as if though it makes them awesome.
I hate that but at least it's good to know this in advance. There are often times in a group when people act so bizarrely that it has to be the only explanation.

Cajungal

Staff member
When people update their facebook status in real time during a football game... and not just once or twice, but every 10-15 minutes or so. The people who care are already watching. Good thing you can block people, I guess.

Cajungal

Staff member
Also, when I ask a friend what they did over the weekend, and they start listing the types of alcohol they drank. Jager and Guinness? Color me impressed, college ghost.

Seriously, absolutely no-one playing on the server! This happened to me like twice!
So there was not a single person on the server? Alright then, I stand corrected.

But people use that word incorrectly all the time. It's a way to express that you're not speaking figuratively, yet people use it figuratively all the time.

So there was not a single person on the server? Alright then, I stand corrected.

But people use that word incorrectly all the time. It's a way to express that you're not speaking figuratively, yet people use it figuratively all the time.
Yeah I admit that bugs me too at times. Its like Chris Traeger has escaped to the real world.

figmentPez

Staff member
Microwaves that keep beeping periodically to tell you that you haven't opened the door since their cycle ended. Yes, I know. I am doing other things in the kitchen, I will come back for you when I'm ready. Good gravy, I don't need my appliances acting like needy children.

Seat-belt alarms going off when no-one is sitting there. ITS MY BACK-BACK YOU DAMN CAR! And there ain't a button or nothing to turn it off, you just gotta wait for the damn thing to stop on its own.

Seat-belt alarms going off when no-one is sitting there. ITS MY BACK-BACK YOU DAMN CAR! And there ain't a button or nothing to turn it off, you just gotta wait for the damn thing to stop on its own.
I have this problem a lot after a trip to the library. ;)

Microwaves that keep beeping periodically to tell you that you haven't opened the door since their cycle ended. Yes, I know. I am doing other things in the kitchen, I will come back for you when I'm ready. Good gravy, I don't need my appliances acting like needy children.
I HATE that. If fact I don't want it to beep at all, ever. Mine very audibly hums and vibrates when running so I don't need a beep to tell me it's done. It also beeps when I open it and when I push buttons. BEEP fuckity BEEP! How am I suppose to discretely heat stuff up in the middle of the night when I can't sleep because I have a cold or a headache or something. Hope I'm not bothering the whole house with my beeping insomnia. Are there beepless microwave ovens?

Status
Not open for further replies.