[Comics] Perfectly Casted Characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, she was still dancing erotically. I read somewhere that Alba refuses to do nude, which I say good on her. I don't think the lack of nudity hurt the movie at all.
Oh I agree, she did quite well, and the lack of nudity didn't hurt the film. However, the fact that she plays a stripper means her lack of nudity places her just shy of "perfect" on the casting scale.

I think pretty much all of the cast of the Sin City movie were perfect. With the possible exception of Jessica Alba, who plays a stripper who doesn't actually strip. Mickey Rourke and Benicio del Toro were particular standouts for me.
Don't forget the amazingly creepy performance of Elijah Wood. So unexpected.

Say what you will about the Popeye movie (It probably deserves it), but I DEFY you to think of someone better suited to play Olive Oyle than Shelley Duvall.

bowielee reminded me of this move not too long ago and then when the Flintstones got mentioned it popped back into my head.

I really thought Thomas Jane was the perfect Punisher.
Yes.
That's a perfect example of no matter how bad a script or how bad a director a film has, a person can shine through as a character. That's why I won't back Halle Berry in her shitty Catwoman role.

I actually liked Ray Stevenson in Punisher: War Zone, too. He felt more like a broken man who came from a military background.

Yes.
That's a perfect example of no matter how bad a script or how bad a director a film has, a person can shine through as a character. That's why I won't back Halle Berry in her shitty Catwoman role.
I didn't think it was that bad. I wouldn't have gone with Travolta, but most everyone else was okay. It sort of had that B-movie grind-house feel without going too over the top (up until the car-lot scene). It's very brutal in it's violence. But as far as Punisher movies go it was pretty bad-ass. His family is killed in the most gruesome manner possible. You feel his pain. You feel why he's doing what he's doing. I've never read "Welcome Home" but I heard it's very close to that particular story-line. The Russian was an interesting and cartoonish character (Or Popeye the Hit-man as I liked to call him), but he still worked. Again my only complaint was that Travolta feels very out of place for the type of movie. I don't really see him in any comic-book role.

I actually liked Ray Stevenson in Punisher: War Zone, too. He felt more like a broken man who came from a military background.
He looks fucking uncannily like the comic character too. He kind of sucked in the role though, but that could be the director's fault since Stevenson is a perfectly capable actor.

I really enjoyed War Zone too. It was fucking insane.

Sacrilegious it may sound, I actually thought that Jason Momoa made a perfect Conan (from the books/comics sense), even if the movie was pretty darn bad.

Rachel Nichols was also perfectly cast as "objectively freakin' hot" in that film.

I wouldn't, but the again it would take a lot to get me to see/care about a Ghost Rider movie. Never saw the appeal.

I'll likely lose points or have to hand in my card or something, but...who is that, BananaHands?

Also for another possibility, how about Josh Halloway? Aka: Sawyer from Lost?
Plays Jamie Lannister on Game of Thrones, probably has had the most difficult role to play across three seasons so far on a show that is basically a playground for actors to be showy.

fade

Staff member
If we're talking casting on looks, divorced from the terrible movie, I thought the kids in Airbender were carbon copies of their cartoon counterparts, regardless of whether they were Asian or not.

Since no one has said it yet:

Many, many characters from Game of Thrones. Notably Arya, Varys, Tyrion, Tywin, and Cersei.

I've been thinking about this. DoesnSam Jackson as Nick Fury really count seeing as his character in the comic is actually based on him?

Status
Not open for further replies.