Piotyr is streets behind (AMA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name and explain a personal fear or paranoia that you experience on a regular basis.
Every time I take my son somewhere crowded, I'm paranoid that I'm going to lose him. I mean, "plan several contingencies and consider a GPS bracelet" paranoid. I never ever let the kid out of my grip, let alone my sight. He gets constantly annoyed about it, and eventually I'll need to find a way to loosen up, but for now it only comes off a little weird among friends.

What is the cheesiest pickup line you've ever heard used or used yourself (successfully or not)?
I've never really used a pickup "line" (met my wife in an online chat, so I'm pretty sure the pickup line was "Hi"), but one time I was out with a girl at a bar and grill in college, and while I was sitting at the table with her, some guy actually came up to her and used the line "Now I believe in heaven, because I see an angel right here in front of me."

She laughed right away, and I didn't say a thing, because I could barely believe what happened.

I've never really used a pickup "line" (met my wife in an online chat, so I'm pretty sure the pickup line was "Hi"), but one time I was out with a girl at a bar and grill in college, and while I was sitting at the table with her, some guy actually came up to her and used the line "Now I believe in heaven, because I see an angel right here in front of me."

She laughed right away, and I didn't say a thing, because I could barely believe what happened.
My favourite was a twist on a classic, "Did you fall from heaven? ...'Cause your face is kinda fucked up."

Do you like History? Moments in history that you find interesting?

Any hidden talents? Party tricks?
I'm mostly fascinated by biblical history, and how those events fit in with the rest of known history. As far as specific moments in history I find interesting, the first American Civil War battle is really odd to me, what with spectators there having picnics during the battle, as if that was just the thing to do for that day and age. I also enjoy how much history is perceived differently depending on how you learn it and where you learn it from.

Hidden talents/party tricks...well, I have a lot of allergies, so much and so randomly intermittent that my voice wildly changes from day to day and even hour to hour, from a deep bass to a near falsetto and everything in between. Whenever I'm on Ventrilo or on the phone, nobody can ever tell it's me unless I specifically tell them.

How do you like your steak?

Which continent (outside Antarctica) would you never want to live in?

Are zoos cool or are they terrible animal prisons?

What is your favorite adult beverage?

Cold tea or hot tea?

How do you like your steak?
Depends on where I get it, but at a place where I'd go just to get steak, I go medium rare every time.

Which continent (outside Antarctica) would you never want to live in?
Africa across the board has three things in spades that don't really agree with me biologically - heat, vegetation, animals. Granted, cities in Africa would involve dealing with a whole lot less of that, but if I'm going to hole myself up in a city in Africa, I may as well just stay where I am in the USA.

Are zoos cool or are they terrible animal prisons?
Zoos are cool, terrible animal prisons.

What is your favorite adult beverage?
Frozen fruity drinks, no contest. Daiquiri or margarita. I like my drinks to taste sweet, so drinking beer for the sake of feeling secure in my masculinity seems like a poor reason.

Leads to a bit of a funny story, in college, a buddy of mine and I were dateless one Valentine's day, so we just went out to a bar together and I really played up the fruity drink enjoyment to the bartender and patrons. The buddy of mine was completely embarrassed, so I amplified the subtext.

Two years later, he discovered/accepted he was gay, and thinks that night was the most hilarious thing ever in hindsight.

Cold tea or hot tea?
Iced in the summer, hot in the winter, and never anywhere in between.

Status
Not open for further replies.