Please help me keep from making a stupid mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jiarn

It ended on another 2hr phone call last night actually.

She called, again, after I told her at least 3 times in the day that I had made my decision. This final call, was more of an apology from her. Sort of. She kept saying that she just wanted me to be happy, she was sorry that we had apparantly so many opportunities to get back together before I met new girl but due to both our mistakes we didn't and now it was too late. She followed up almost every sentence with "I still feel we could make things work, but you've made your decision" etc etc.

I really didn't want one of my last conversations with her to be so volatile, but I had to put a stop to them. I told her if she couldn't be in my life at all, that I was sorry to hear it but I understood her reasoning. That wasn't the answer she was waiting to hear.

J

Jiarn

What makes it worse, is that I know I still love her, I just can't be with her for a multitude of reasons, which I feel partially guilty about being with new girl. It also makes it harder for ex to move on, because she knows it too.

Well, at this point you're only hurting her if you accept her calls and texts. She's cut it off, now enforce that for her. Use caller id, and don't answer. Ignore her texts. Unfortunately as much as you're saying, "No" by answering her calls and chatting with her she's still got hope, and may continue to try.

J

Jiarn

You're absolutely right, as much as it kills me, it would be in everyone's best interest. -sigh-

Thanks Puffinstuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.