Pokemon? /facepalm and sigh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zappit

Staff member
Dragon Quest Monsters Joker is a bit like that, Quotemander - third person semi-3D. You see the critters on the field and can choose whether or not to go after them.

Haha, Pokemon games are simply go defeat X so you can go defeat X again with slightly more powerful Xs. You people and your dumb games are dumb.

Now, I'm going to go back to playing a real game, SWTOR! ;)

ElJuski

Staff member
I mean, just so we're all clear here, "go defeat X so you can go defeat X again with slightly more powerful X's" is any video game, ever.

Just as an aside, you might want to wait for Pokemon Grey instead of picking up Black or White. It's the upcoming remake/update for Black and White and is scheduled to be released in 2012.

I never understood why they have multiple version though? It's confusing as fuck. I don't own any of these games... but I played a few in my life off friend's handhelds. I like them... just not enough to buy it.

To be frank.... I was close once but the decision to choose emerald/ruby/sapphire game me the dreadful feeling I'll prolly choose the one I'll regret getting.

ElJuski

Staff member
it's because those things make millions of dollars and OCD videogame nerds GOTTA CATCH EM ALL

I never understood why they have multiple version though? It's confusing as fuck. I don't own any of these games... but I played a few in my life off friend's handhelds. I like them... just not enough to buy it.

To be frank.... I was close once but the decision to choose emerald/ruby/sapphire game me the dreadful feeling I'll prolly choose the one I'll regret getting.
It does make the trading aspect of the game more important if you do want a full set of slave/cock fighting intelligent monsters having 2 distinct versions with variations on the pokemon in each.

Necronic

Staff member
I mean, just so we're all clear here, "go defeat X so you can go defeat X again with slightly more powerful X's" is any video game, ever.
Except for Dwarf Fortress, where you need to assign {X} to do X and supply {Y} and {Z} with {F} materials with which to make {R} that will then be worn by {N} for when he does Q.

And then you flood the world with magma.

So far, I've been enjoying the hell out of Black (my first Pokemon game ever). I'm finding myself relying a little to heavily on 3 characters, but I just can't take the time leveling up tons of characters. Right now my mains are Sawk (LOVE HIM), Simisear (evolution of Pansear), and Dewott (1st evolution of Oshawott). They cover most my bases, fire water, fighting. I have handful of others that are a few levels behind them of grass type, rock type, and psi type, just in case I need them.

*looks at Pokemon Black and White's astronomical sales figures*

Well...........
Ah great! And with more Pokemon games that means more terrible cartoons! I'm tired of accidentally seeing the new horrible story-lines while waiting for Generator Rex! Meowth is a good guy now. A GOOD GUY!

It's actually just a remake of Nobunaga's Ambition, but with Pokemon. It's really not all the good, but it's a good way to introduce players into the Strategy Genre.

AshburnerX Ok I know I started this thread about Pokemon plot but did you really say the weakness of the Pokemon game is the plot and the strength is the gameplay therefore it's not that good? I may not be a Poke-Expert but isn't that the entire series of Poke games pretty much?

What I like about gameplay in the Pokemon games is that it doesn't get better, but it definitely doesn't get worse. It's kind of like it's in limbo.

I'm willing to wager that a Pokemon game has a better ending than the Mass Effect series at this point.

I'm willing to wager that a Pokemon game has a better ending than the Mass Effect series at this point.
You become the Pokemon League Champion, then you can go off and do side quests, finish up kicking the villains' asses, and try to catch all the Pokemon in existence.

...yeah, that is better.

AshburnerX Ok I know I started this thread about Pokemon plot but did you really say the weakness of the Pokemon game is the plot and the strength is the gameplay therefore it's not that good? I may not be a Poke-Expert but isn't that the entire series of Poke games pretty much?
Fair enough. In retrospect, that does seem like a really stupid reason to hate on a Pokemon title, which is odd because I've liked almost all of the ones I've played.

Sp wait...is this a cross-over then?
Basically. Instead of following Nobunaga Oda's conquest of the north of Japan, your taking your own army to do the same with the south.

Status
Not open for further replies.