Export thread

Pokemon Sun and Moon

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Who all is playing?

Anyone else hunting shiny Pokemon?

Has anyone finished the main story line?

Dei

Dei

I finished the main story line a few weeks ago, I've just been breeding Popplio like mad and failing at doing it correctly. Haven't played it in a week or so though.

If you want to trade or anything, my 3ds friend code is 1203-9316-6767

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

awesome!

What are you looking for with your Popplio breeding? I'm breeding a pile of Eevees. I would really like a full set of her shiny evolved forms. Right now I'm in a never ending SOS battle. I keep putting it in sleep mode to sleeep, eat, live the rest of my life lol and now it's personal. I will do some battles then put it back in sleep mode when I get annoyed.

Dei

Dei

awesome!

What are you looking for with your Popplio breeding? I'm breeding a pile of Eevees. I would really like a full set of her shiny evolved forms. Right now I'm in a never ending SOS battle. I keep putting it in sleep mode to sleeep, eat, live the rest of my life lol and now it's personal. I will do some battles then put it back in sleep mode when I get annoyed.
I'm trying to breed for perfect IVs and it's slowly driving me insane.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

My Shiny Eevee standoff has ended. I was just about to quit as I was almost out of supplies. I didn't get a Shiny Eevee to show up after the foolishly long battle I had waged, but this guy showed up and I had to do a double then triple take:

IMG_9668.JPG

Welcome to the team Fluffy:
IMG_9672.JPG

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I'm trying to breed for perfect IVs and it's slowly driving me insane.
I remember my boxes and boxes full of breeding dittos... Good times.

bhamv3

bhamv3

I've finished the main storyline (Lillie is the cutest video game character of 2016 and I will fight battle anyone who disagrees), caught all the UBs and guardians, and now I'm trying to develop a good team for the Battle Tree. Currently I've got an amazing Kartana, equipped with a Focus Sash and packing Swords Dance / Leaf Blade / X-Scissor / Sacred Sword. The Sash allows Kartana to almost always survive the first round, which I use to Swords Dance. Afterwards, it's time to clean house, because +2 physical attacks coming off a base 181 Attack stat is going to one-shot 70% of the Pokemon in the game. Even better, Kartana gets Beast Boost, which means its Attack is boosted one stage further for every Pokemon it KOs, which makes killing stuff even easier. Admittedly Kartana does have some weaknesses, for example the Sash won't help against priority moves, and while 109 base speed is good, there are still quite a few opponents who can outspeed it.

Apart from Kartana though, I don't really have any amazing Pokemon for the Battle Tree. Right now I'm working on developing a Dragon Dancing Mega Salamence, who's probably going to be packing Return / Earthquake / Dragon Claw as its attacks. Not sure who my third poke is going to be yet, I'm inclined to go for a special attacker, probably one packing a Z-move.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

My plan is to take my time getting to the Pokemon league and fill in my pokedex. I have bred a ton of Eevees so I'm trading my freshly hatched ones for what I'm missing. I was getting each Eevee I deposited traded super quick so I decided to be silly and I asked for a Dragonite. That trade finished right away too. So did Flygon. Not sure what I should ask for next.

During the last part of my shiny Eevee hunt the other night, I was swearing that I'd never hunt them again but I know I will.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Shame on me....I went on another hunt. I was looking for Igglybuffs, but it was Jigglypuff that showed up shiny.

bhamv3

bhamv3

I am currently 28 battles into the Super Singles in the Battle Tree, and it's going very well. If I'm lucky I think I could go very far with this team. Though I acknowledge luck is often not on the player's side in facilities like the Battle Tree.

Kartana @ Focus Sash, max EVs in attack and HP
Swords Dance
Leaf Blade
X-Scissor
Sacred Sword

Swords Dance as the first move if I judge I can outspeed my opponent, otherwise I just attack directly. Either way, with a Focus Sash, I'll probably get at least two moves before Kartana dies, and that's usually enough to kill the opposing Pokemon. That means Kartana faces the next poke with a +1 or +3 to attack, and if my opponent doesn't have something that can outspeed Kartana then that's game over right there.

Pheromosa @ Fightium-Z, max EVs in special attack and HP
High Jump Kick
Bug Buzz
Ice Beam
Quiver Dance

Pheromosa's base 151 speed means she can outspeed pretty much everything. The fighting bug comes in if something manages to take out Kartana, and revenge kills the threat as appropriate, given the outstanding coverage between her three attacks. I don't get the opportunity to Quiver Dance very often, but I like having the move there just in case, plus her three other attacks provide enough coverage anyway. Afterwards, she'll use her fighting z-move against the next pokemon, if she can, which usually nets another kill. (All Out Pummeling coming off of High Jump Kick has a base power of one hundred-frickin-ninety five)

Salamence @ Salamencite, max EVs in attack and speed
Dragon Dance
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Return

When all else fails, and I need to stand toe to toe against my opponent, I bring out this monster. Do you know how scary Mega Salamence is? 90/130/90 defenses, plus Intimidate, means that he's almost certain to survive any attack thrown at him. Mega up and Dragon Dance. Now his ability is Aerilate, which turns Return into a flying-type STAB move with a 30% boost to its power. Coming off of a base 145 attack stat. And the 120 base speed is pretty awesome too. Plus Dragon Dance gives +1 to attack and speed. This guy is going to kill everything and look cool doing it.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Hmm, okay, I just realized my team is a bit weak to ice. Stupid Glaceon.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I have a whole box of baby Eevees. They're so cute!

GasBandit

GasBandit

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I've been trading my baby Eevees for some of the harder to get Pokémon so I can fill my pokedex.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Just got the game today, played up to the point where I'm about to enter the first trial cave.

At the moment my team consists of Arcanine, Rattata, Pikipek, Steenee, Brionne and Togedemaru. Got lucky with a couple Wonder Trades to get Toge and Steenee early.

I'll probably swap Arcanine and Rattata out eventually, but the team's worked out pretty well so far.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Those are some awesome Wonder Trades!

I keep getting Caterpies, Rattatas and other silliness.

@Dei I need to figure out how to add you that way :)

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Yeah I had a bad string of Magikarps and a couple Metapods.

I kinda felt bad, I got Togedemaru by trading out a Grimer.

BUT LOOK AT THIS LITTLE PUDDIN FACE

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I love that face!! I had traded for him earlier n, but when I found him in the wild, I caught a few extras because they're so cute!

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I finally made it to the battle tree and got access to the "judge" button. My poor Sylveon that is level 97 and has never left my party since I got my first poke-egg has only decent potential and her attack is "No good".

Ignorance was bliss.

GasBandit

GasBandit

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Man I was raging at this fucking Zubat last night. It had just enough HP that a non-crit wouldn't kill it, and it SoS'd for like 12 straight turns.

Upside, the xp was delicious.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Our son and I were scanning in QR codes and I went over to Tapu Village to get what came up on the island scan. I used False Swipe to get it to one hp and it decided to do a move with recoil. It died and island scan closed. Our son laughed at me.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I found an almost perfect Ditto !!

Bubble181

Bubble181

I found an almost perfect Ditto !!
"and it still sucks!" :p

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

"and it still sucks!" :p
Perfect ditto is Pokemon gold

Dei

Dei

Just so you know, once you SOS 40 times, you are guaranteed a Pokemon with at least 4 perfect IVs.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

That's what I did. My new buddy has 5 perfect and one horrible. It's special attack is "no good" but the rest are best or fantastic. I will try again to see if I can find one with a better special attack.

I was trying out my new Shiny Charm earlier as well and I got an awesome Shiny Umbreon that's nearly perfect.

Dei

Dei

That's what I did. My new buddy has 5 perfect and one horrible. It's special attack is "no good" but the rest are best or fantastic. I will try again to see if I can find one with a better special attack.

I was trying out my new Shiny Charm earlier as well and I got an awesome Shiny Umbreon that's nearly perfect.
You can probably use that one with fighting and normal types though. :)

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Or with a second parent Pokémon with a good special attack stat?

Dei

Dei

At best, you can only inherit 5 IVs and the last is random, and you need an item (destiny knot?) for that.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Where do I get that? I could definitely use one.

Dei

Dei

Battle Tree points

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Doh...most of my Pokémon are pretty rotten. That Judge button burst my bubble lol!

Thanks though. Getting that will be a huge help in getting some that aren't rotten.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

IMG_9686.JPG
IMG_9685.JPG

bhamv3

bhamv3

A bit of a pity Umbreon's defense is lower than max, since Umbreon is best played as a defensive poke, but otherwise that is one drool-worthy Pokemon there!

Zappit

Zappit

Haven't finished the main story yet - Dragon Quest 7 got in the way and that game is HUGE - but Pokemon Bank just updated, and I think I'll clone my competitive teams and transfer them for breeding purposes. I've barely scratched the surface of this game.

Did you guys see the news about the Virtual Console Red, Blue, and Yellow with the Bank? Everything you transfer over will have 3 perfect IVs! You can't transfer Missingno or the glitch Mews, but apparently, someone figured out a way to "fix" glitch Mews to get them to transfer.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

A bit of a pity Umbreon's defense is lower than max, since Umbreon is best played as a defensive poke, but otherwise that is one drool-worthy Pokemon there!

I was super happy when I checked him out after the fight! I was looking for a shiny, so good stats were a happy bonus.

I got the Destiny knot and I lucked out and was able to trade for a few awesome baby Pokemon so now I'm working on breeding a proper team. And one for our son now that he knows I can make Squirtles lol.

Zappit

Zappit

I love how breeding works ever since the Destiny Knot came out. I remember breeding HUNDREDS of Pokemon to get one with perfect IVs on Heartgold. I think I cleared a thousand Scythers to get my perfect Scizor.

Hell, I actually hit found my Holy Grail in Gen 5 - a perfect SHINY Larvitar. I was just breeding them aiming to 5 IVs as trade fodder on Smogon, but then it happened, and I kept it.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I'm obsessed with shiny Pokémon. That's why I was so excited about that Umbreon I caught!

Even with my Shiny Charm, the odds of breeding a Pokémon with perfect stats and shininess are crazy low.

I have no idea what I'm going to do with the extras I breed. Or where I'm going to keep them while I figure it out.

Zappit

Zappit

I'm obsessed with shiny Pokémon. That's why I was so excited about that Umbreon I caught!

Even with my Shiny Charm, the odds of breeding a Pokémon with perfect stats and shininess are crazy low.

I have no idea what I'm going to do with the extras I breed. Or where I'm going to keep them while I figure it out.
Hang on to your good breeding results. Seriously. Set up a shop (thread for trading) over at Smogon. I did that, with only a few species to offer, but I got some very decent stuff in return. Since many people clone their Pokemon, you could very easily get shiny Pokemon from folks there.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

That sounds awesome! I'll have to check it out.

This little guy was born before supper. I finished up a flower I was working on, but I'm done that now and I'm going to try and swap him back in with the ditto and see what I get.

IMG_9688.JPG

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

The Ditto who is his parent....

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I keep OCD-breeding more Pokémon and the game keeps giving me storage tabs!

Zappit

Zappit

I just transferred my battle-ready stuff over. Turns out I also had about 400 BP banked, as well. Got my breeding/training kit right from the get-go without going through the Battle Tree.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

This is the first recent Pokemon game that I've played so I'm starting fresh :)

Want an almost perfect Squirtle lol??

Zappit

Zappit

This is the first recent Pokemon game that I've played so I'm starting fresh :)

Want an almost perfect Squirtle lol??
Maybe. I'll go through some of my near perfects and see what I've got.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Still pondering if I want to spend the money for Pokemon Bank.

Or now that the Bank's been released, maybe I'll just try to trade for every single Pokemon.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I'm trying to trade for most of them. I've been able to get some fantastic trades for almost perfect dittos.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Here is the Abra I'm going with. Dragonite time now :)

IMG_9705.JPG

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

@Zappit When you said clone a team to transfer though the Pokémon Bank, could you please explain what that means and how it would work?

I'm going to start Alpha Sapphire and I'm thinking of setting up the bank app.

Zappit

Zappit

Cloning can be done with a Powersave device and a cartridge of the game. Powersaves are pretty cheap. They're the next generation of Game Genie, AR, etc...

You install the software it comes with on a PC, plug the game cart into the adapter, and connect it to the PC via USB cord (included). Then you can use the clone codes, which create duplicates of your Pokemon. It's very, very user-friendly.

Send your duplicates into the Bank, keep your originals on the cart for safekeeping, and Voila! You've got a trade surplus and a backup of your Pokemon in case of disaster.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

That's awesome! Thanks. I totally want one :)

Zappit

Zappit

That's awesome! Thanks. I totally want one :)
Lot of other things it can do, too, like maxing out items. Makes EV training in Gen 6 easy-peasy. Load up on vitamins, train out the rest, and Rare Candy it up to whatever level you need.

One thing, though. Apparently, using the items codes in Sun and Moon can mess up your Game Sync stuff. There have been a few scattered reports.

If you're on Alpha Sapphire, you'd be absolutely fine.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

More OCD breeding :)
IMG_9722.JPG

bhamv3

bhamv3

I caved and paid for Pokemon Bank, and I cleaned out my boxes in OR and brought them all into my Sun game. Now I'm using my level 100 Mewtwo to power-level pokemon in an attempt to fill my Alola pokedex.

Afterwards I'll have to sift through these pokes to see if there are any worthy of use in the Battle Tree. I seem to recall I had a pretty decent Keldeo somewhere in there...

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I got the bank as well. I've pretty much filled all the boxes the game is going to give me.

I've started Alpha Sapphire but it's going to be a while before I have any good stuff for the bank. I'm excited about getting a Mewtwo in it!!

Zappit

Zappit

Picked up a 5IV Alola Grimer with Shadow Sneak during Wonder Trading. Nice!

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Very nice! It's usually all Ratattas in there.

Do any of you ever do the online tournaments?

Zappit

Zappit

Very nice! It's usually all Ratattas in there.

Do any of you ever do the online tournaments?
Nah. Never done one. Mostly just random match ups.

Dei

Dei

Usually when you get something with 5 perfect IVs in wonder trade, it's someone's breeding failure.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I have to figure out what to do with all of mine. I'm trying to breed Salamdits, which is a pain because only the girls evolve. So of course the pretty much prefect shiny one I hatched was a dude. This game is so mean, but I can't quit it :)

Zappit

Zappit

Nah. Never done one. Mostly just random match ups.
Not this one. Alola Muks are physical attackers. The only flawed IV was Special Attack.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I had good intentions of taking part in each of the Sun and Moon tournaments for a while to earn the Mega Stones they were giving out for free rather than having to buy them with BPs but then I got caught up in getting ready for the art show and a few other drawings and I kind of forgot about my DS. One sleepless night later where I am too tired to draw but can't sleep so I've been poke-nerding and I looked up for the next online tournament. The theme for the one? Only tiny pokemon! Just the babies under a certain height! How cute is that? I signed up right away! And then I looked at the eligible Pokemon and realized that other than an excellent Squirtle, I've got nothing. OCD breeding time again!

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Does anyone have a Cubone or Marowak with Stealth Rock that they would be willing to trade or loan me for a few minutes please?

I have all kinds of good little guys to trade.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I got my Cubone and I got this cute little guy:

IMG_0518.JPG

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

My son and I teamed up and competed in the multi battles as a team and won all 20 in a row! Go team! The 20th match was against a Legendary Team and once we won, that was it - the contest was over and we went outside.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I bought one of the Powersavers. It's awesome :)

After I washed one of my camera's SD cards and then a copy of Pokémon Y, I decided it was time to have a backup of my games.

And then I discovered all the other cool stuff it can do! The Wondercards are my favourite!

Fun Size

Fun Size

I just started Sun. I've never played Pokemon before. I have no idea what any of you are talking about. But I have a great haircut and glasses.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Which starter did you pick?

Fun Size

Fun Size

Litten. Fire kitty. No brainer. I did pick up a rockruf(sp?) shortly after.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

My kids and I all picked him as well and named him after our cat :)

bhamv3

bhamv3

I looked up the stats of the final evolutions of all three starters, and picked based on that. :p

Went for Popplio, by the way.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I think I'll pick her when I play Ultra Moon this Christmas :)

I have copies pre-ordered for the kids and I.

Bubble181

Bubble181

No love for Rowlet? Me sad :(

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I think he's adorable! Decidueye is super weird looking though, so he's out lol. They made a bunch of them evolve into weird man-beasts this time. Primarina is a bit odd looking too, but I used her in a few competitions and I guess I'm used to her or something.

I'm not alone in finding Incineroar super strange looking. When I went to google a reference image, there was some super frightening fan art out there. I spent ages last night reworking his face trying to make it less creepy. Mine still looks like he's scowling and wearing a week's worth of eyeliner.

Fun Size

Fun Size

So one of the reasons I bought this is to bond with my boy, who can be Pokemon obsessed but has never gotten to play one of the games. He's been trying to be helpful by trading high level pokemon to me (he started a while ago), but I didn't realize until today that they won't listen to me. Little pokebastards.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

They will as soon as you pass some of the trials on the islands :)

This is the first game that my kids and I have all played together. It's been super fun :)

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Ash-hat Pikachus have come to North America!!!

https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/pikachu-dons-a-classic-chapeau/

I just picked up the original one :) The original one is available until September 25. Starting on September 26, the Hoenn Cap Pikachu is the one you get when you redeem the code. All six will be available about a week apart.

If anyone decides to wait and redeem for one of the other regions, I would be happy to trade copies with you.

Fun Size

Fun Size

I picked one up, but I keep reading that as asshat pikachu, which is totally different.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I picked one up, but I keep reading that as asshat pikachu, which is totally different.
Yeah, you can tell because those have the cap on backwards.

--Patrick

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I bought a copy of Sun with my Optimum points and I'm going to try and keep resetting it each week to get each of the remaining Pikachus.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I just got my Hoenn hat Pikachu:)