Random Video Game Crap

GasBandit

Staff member

I was today years old when I realized that Doug's neighbors, Mr and Mrs Dink.... stood for DUAL INCOME NO KIDS. That's why he had all this stuff that was "very expensive."

Last edited:
Modder remaking Simpson's Hit & Run, turning into a fully open world game.

I can only hope this is the start of what will eventually become an official, fully released game.

I backed a game on Kickstarter called Home Free back in 2015. I thought it was a lost cause for the longest time. There have been updates here and there, but they've been scant, at best.

And now with this update, it's official: the project is dead. And the developer is offering refunds to anyone who wants it. Not sure if the post I'm linking will be available to view for non-backers. I decided not to pursue a refund. Partly because it was only $15, partly because I figured the project was dead, partly because Kickstarter projects are never guarantees, and partly because the developer seemed liked a genuinely good guy who clearly got over his head with all of this.

But what surprised me is the overwhelming number of people commenting who are also saying "No, that's okay. No refund needed." I can understand the frustration of an unfulfilled project, but it's a little heartwarming to see so many people come out in support and not request a refund.

Nope, it's this one

Also important to note they are running this with a regular cartridge and unmodified N64

For those that want to know why it's special and don't want to sit through an hour vod:

Utilizing a very complex glitch that allows the modifying and injection of game code, and then utilizing a robot to input millions of complex button combinations, they rewrite the code of the game to make every schoolyard rumor true, culminating in finding the actual triforce and going on a completely different quest. They essentially create a romhack in real time, and then the ending... I won't even spoil that in the spoilers, go see for yourself

figmentPez

Staff member
GDQ's YouTube channel really needs to label the videos better.
For example, I almost skipped watching this video, because I thought it was just Super Mario World. In reality it's heavily modded Super Mario World. Two three person teams playing against each other in new, never before seen levels, with new game mechanics.

Maybe it's Nintendo's lawyers that scare them out of accurately labeling the video, I dunno, but it's really underselling how special this was to just call it Super Mario World.

Also important to note they are running this with a regular cartridge and unmodified N64

For those that want to know why it's special and don't want to sit through an hour vod:

Utilizing a very complex glitch that allows the modifying and injection of game code, and then utilizing a robot to input millions of complex button combinations, they rewrite the code of the game to make every schoolyard rumor true, culminating in finding the actual triforce and going on a completely different quest. They essentially create a romhack in real time, and then the ending... I won't even spoil that in the spoilers, go see for yourself
Just watched this.
Absolutely worth it!!!

And that SMB relay was great. Finished it yesterday.

I have an itch.

It means that a new Vampire Survivors patch should be appearing soon.

I really really want more stuff to unlock.

My controller stopped working in the middle of fighting Seath the Scaleless, just before getting his tail, which I'm still mad about. Still works, still has batteries, but Dark Souls Remastered has decided I no longer have a controller. In the middle of the fight. I see that people have controller detection issues all the fucking time with the game. I've tried every single solution listed in the Steam Community pages with no effect. This is making me exceptionally angry. Fucking Japanese games on PC.

Edit-

MY FIX was running Steam in administrator, this was the fifth fix I found that 'solves' the Dark Souls Remastered suddenly forgetting how to work.

Also, I got that stupid sword from his stupid tail and I hate it.

Last edited:
Also, I got that stupid sword from his stupid tail and I hate it.
The Moonlight Greatsword is probably one of the best INT weapons in the game and has a fun effect... but it takes so long to get that you might actually just get MORE out of making a +10 Magic or +5 Enchanted Claymore, which might do more damage anyway and you can basically get (aside from the upgrades) near the very start of the game. It's very much a letdown unless you absolutely need the From Software meme sword.

Like... you can literally get a bunch of Blue Chunks and a Blue Slab in the area RIGHT BEFORE you fight Seeth, if you know where to find the cave in the crystal area. You can have a sword as good or better before getting this one. It's so disappointing.

Oh, the Moonlight Greatsword is 100% a New Game+ playground toy. I just needed to get it because I was so angry from the controller thing that anything less would let the slimy prick win.