Cheesy1

Dave locked the last thread. Jerk.

Hylian

Hylian

Cheesy1 got to post the new rant thread before I got a chance to :mad:

Bubble181

Bubble181

Cheesy1 got to post the new rant thread before I got a chance to :mad:
And me! And I had a better title and everything! Damn you Cheesy1! Damn you and the horse you rode in on!

...That's not a horse. That's a....What the...?!

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

:awesome:

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I want to rant about not being on the last page of the other rant thread...

SeraRelm

I am officially ranting about the locking of the last thread. It's timing has been noticed.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Is closing threads at 100 actually a thing?

Gusto

Gusto

Official answer:

Ehhh, sorta.

LittleSin

LittleSin

Ah! The fresh thread smell!

Dirona

Dirona

Ooooh, new rants! Shiny! And I have nothing to rant about - other than I hate packing to move, and it's too freaking hot and humid to want to do anything.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Dave locked the last thread. Jerk.
I wanted to do that :(

Gared

Gared

So apparently what was keeping me up nights recently (and still is) was stress. Not even a big massive stressful thing that needed to be solved, but just minor everyday stress that built up over time to become a nasty monster that can only truly be solved by taking a vacation. The problem with that? Two weeks ago we had to cancel our August vacation due to lack of available vacation time at work. Apparently last night's daily dose of stress was the straw that broke the camel's back, or in this case, the disk between his C5 and C4 vertebrae. About every 18 months or so for the last 5 years, I can pretty much count on doing absolutely nothing super-taxing and suddenly feeling a massive sharp stab of pain accompanied by that old familiar tightness in my neck/back/shoulder that tells me that that stupid disk is inflamed again and has just managed to put too much pressure on the wrong nerve bundle, and all of the muscles around it have flared and locked up solid. I can only turn my head one direction with anything even close to normal range of motion, and I can't tilt my head back and to the side at all. Now I get to spend the next 2 - 5 days in pain while I wait for the swelling to go down so I can have my neck readjusted and relieve the pressure on the damn cartilage. Oh, and this year's trigger? I moved a bowl from my computer desk to a table with one hand while reaching for a glass of water with the other. Last time I believe it was standing up from the couch that I'd been sitting on for approximately 15 seconds between chopping something and stirring something in the kitchen.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Normally my back spasms come from moving from a sitting to a reclining position on the couch.

The most manly trigger was my roommate's mother cut herself, and I ran to my house on the same farm to get bandages. I jumped a mud puddle during the downpour. Landed on one foot, and kept running with the back pain.

When I go home later that day my back spasmed so badly I did not get out of bed for nearly 3 days.

Gared

Gared

Yeah, it never seems to be anything major does it? Even in all of the various TV Sitcom episodes where someone throws their back out, it's just them doing something minor, or just getting out of bed in the morning. The last two times this happened I was unemployed, and could just lie around and do nothing until the swelling subsided and then everything was fine. This time I actually have a job and came to work. May not have been the best decision I've ever made, but I've missed more time this year than I'd like and don't want to miss anymore, and I figure I have tomorrow off to recuperate some - though now I'm going to have to walk my wife, step by step, through cooking dinner tomorrow because I can't stand in a kitchen and do all of my prep work like this and for the most part she can't cook, but it'd be a damn shame to waste that rack of ribs. I've noticed that it's fairly difficult even to type, I seem to be down about 25 - 30% of my normal manual dexterity in my right arm, and one hand is slower on the keyboard than the other.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Crap, now I have to subscribe to another thread because Dave (cranky old bastage that he is) told everyone to get off his lawn or he was going to turn on the sprinklers.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I hope I was the one who was reported.

And I hope the person who reported me is someone cool.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Mommy is in fucking bitch mode today. You want to throw a tantrum? Go to your room! You want to purposely make your sister pissed off so she throws a tantrum? You can go to your room too! Too fucking bad! Every fucking day it's the same thing. She won't leave me alone. He won't let me have the toy. She's following me. It's not fair! Fair?!? HAHAHA! I get to have you precious angels plucking my last nerve on a daily basis. There's fair for you.

Now I'll go mop the floors and pretend I don't want to duct tape you both to a wall then go out for drinks.

LittleSin

LittleSin

This is why I fear having another child.

drifter

drifter

I'll go mop the floors and pretend I don't want to duct tape you both to a wall then go out for drinks.
Do it and call it 'playing Spider-Man!'

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

This is why I fear having another child.
Honestly, I don't know how people who have more than two can handle it. I find myself grateful for their bedtime more often than I'd like to admit.

Docseverin

Docseverin

They were cool when I was there. Motherfucking Dinosaurs!

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Docseverin - Those were pod people and not my real children.

BTW - When are you coming back and taking Noah skydiving? :p

Bubble181

Bubble181

I hope I was the one who was reported.

And I hope the person who reported me is someone cool.
Sorry :-/

Dave

Dave

[panel]WARNING! This rant contains offensive language.[/panel]

So I'm talking with an old friend of mine yesterday and he makes a comment about how "Obama is letting the fags run the country". I asked him what he meant and he started off by saying, "It's bad enough that these peter puffers are allowed to exist, but now that darkie (HIS EXACT WORDS!!!) is letting them molest each other in the military!" I sat there a bit stunned for a bit as he'd never - ever - said anything even remotely like this in the past. I told him I wasn't aware he was a racist homophobe and his answer was, "Fuck that! I ain't no homophobe. Phobia means fear and I ain't afraid of no queer."

So I've now written off a guy I've known since I was about 5. I'm not even going to try and get through to him because holy shit. Worst part? His son is apparently carrying on the grand tradition of idiocy. My ex-friend posted the following on Facebook:

posting.png

I responded with "So you want us to be more like Iran, North Korea and Afghanistan? I thought those countries were the barbaric third-world nations we strive to be the most UNlike."

His son? Came back with: "America is homo sexual when it comes to illegal immigrants and everyone knows it. i agree with this 100%"

Seriously. What the fuck, people? How can people be that full of hate?

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

What faction of religion are they? Can I venture a guess to Catholic/Christian? How many references to "God loves America" on their page?

Dave

Dave

What faction of religion are they? Can I venture a guess to Catholic/Christian? How many references to "God loves America" on their page?
Ding ding ding! You hit the nail resoundingly on the head. Very religious, very "patriotic".

But like all other "very religious, very patriotic" people I know, he never served a day in the military.

Cajungal

Cajungal

That sucks, Dave. My mom posted that same status, and I called her out about it. When she stated her true feelings on the issues, I requested that she formulate her own opinions instead of reposting garbage like that.

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

I honestly think it's more gross ignorance than hate but who knows for sure. People like this are nearly impossible to deal with.

makare

That's pretty much what I was going to say. Sounds more like stupid than anything else.

GasBandit

GasBandit

But don't you know what the queers are doing to the soil?! Can't build anything on it, can't grow anything in it... government says it's due to poor farming techniques, but I know what's really going on. I know it's the queers. They're in it with the aliens, building landing strips for gay martians, I SWEAR TO GOD, Stuart!

Piotyr

Piotyr

Fear. Fear leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. At least I think that's how it went.

Fear and ignorance, but I don't think ignorance was in the natural Yoda progression.

And yes, I've seen a lot of that status floating around, and it makes me upset every time.

I'm religious, and have a lot of religious friends, but it really disappoints me when they make that connection.[DOUBLEPOST=1341586451][/DOUBLEPOST]And at some point I have a huge religion rant in me, but I don't know how well I can put it into words yet, but I just hope nobody makes assumptions about me just because of my beliefs. Many things bother me just as they bother anyone else.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

I know I've posted this before, but I'll do it again:

LittleSin

LittleSin

Ugh.

Jet now has pink eye. I bought him the drops the prescribed. Used them once...and now I can't find the bloody bottle anywhere!

Why did it have to be so frikken tiny?!

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

We raise our children remotely, via telepresence robots.
Your children are (currently) all single gender, so there's a certain broad approach you can apply. Once you get into mixed territory, things get difficult on a different level.

But that could never happen to you. :awesome:

Bubble181

Bubble181

Ugh.

Jet now has pink eye. I bought him the drops the prescribed. Used them once...and now I can't find the bloody bottle anywhere!

Would you rather have to buya 2-gallon bottle? Either you'd be paying for stuf you do'nt need, or you'd need to treat him for months and months. It's corporations trying to do well by their customer and it still isn't good! AAAAhhhh! ;-)

(hint: it's in the last place you'll look for it)

makare

Ugh.

That's what she said. of course.

LordRendar

LordRendar

(hint: it's in the last place you'll look for it)
This "it is in the last place you'll look" always bothered me.Ofcourse it will be in the last place you will look.You don't keep searching after you find it.It is ALWAYS in the last place you will have looked.

(this is in no way an attack on you Bubble,since you were probably saying that tounge in cheek)

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

EDIT: Wow, that got posted in the wrong rant thread.

LittleSin

LittleSin

So as to resemble a nipple, so he wouldn't freak out when it got near his face...

:awesome:

Wait, jet's not a baby, is he?

Well, still a boy.
The receptionist at the doctor office had massive boobs.

Jet ran up to her, said "HI!"

She smiled...went back to work..then Jet grabbed her chest.

"That must be heavy."

She was shocked. I was mortified and let out a ner vous laugh..before ushering him to the furthest corner of the office.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

"That must be heavy."
:Leyla:

Silent Bob

Silent Bob

The receptionist at the doctor office had massive boobs.

Jet ran up to her, said "HI!"

She smiled...went back to work..then Jet grabbed her chest.

"That must be heavy."

She was shocked. I was mortified and let out a ner vous laugh..before ushering him to the furthest corner of the office.

Cajungal

Cajungal

THAT is cute. When my niece was a baby she'd lie against my sister's chest and go "that the nicest pillow in the world..."

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

This "it is in the last place you'll look" always bothered me.Ofcourse it will be in the last place you will look.You don't keep searching after you find it.It is ALWAYS in the last place you will have looked.

(this is in no way an attack on you Bubble,since you were probably saying that tounge in cheek)
I always keep looking for things once I find them. It shortens the amount of time I spend looking for it next time.

Bubble181

Bubble181

I absolutely agree with you, when talking about people who seriously mean that as advice. I did mean it as a joke, with the exact thing in mind you articulated.
I might've wanted to include a smiley :p

makare

I always thought it was "it's always in the last place you'd look" as the last place you'd think to look.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I always thought it was "it's always in the last place you'd look" as the last place you'd think to look.
Which is why I tell my wife to look where the lost item is supposed to be. Otherwise that's typically the last place she checks.

Tress

Tress

Lately, I see nothing but people griping about how much they hated the 90's. The music? Trite and lame, whereas 80's music was the best over ermagawd. Movies? Mediocre bullshit devoid of lasting impact, or boring as hell. Hell, I even heard some dipshit talking about how people (yes, all people) were stupid in the 90's and pale in comparison to the brilliance of the modern human.

What the fuck? When did this become the new cool thing?

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Lately, I see nothing but people griping about how much they hated the 90's. The music? Trite and lame, whereas 80's music was the best over ermagawd. Movies? Mediocre bullshit devoid of lasting impact, or boring as hell. Hell, I even heard some dipshit talking about how people (yes, all people) were stupid in the 90's and pale in comparison to the brilliance of the modern human.

What the fuck? When did this become the new cool thing?

Tress

Tress

The problem with this sort of thing is that I could find utter shit from every year/decade. That doesn't mean it defines that year/decade.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I don't know. Superman 64 alone makes it a pretty deplorable year.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

When the '90s ended, I thought "Cool, I can't wait for some time to pass and we find out its identity."
Time passed and no identity was discovered. That's what fuels the view that it was a bland, flavorless decade in terms of media. Good times for the U.S., and you know, art through adversity.

There were some good/great things in the 90s, and for all I know that ratio against crap was the same as any other decade, but it seems less gems have stood out from that decade than from the 80s. Personally I dislike most 80s music, but movies? The 80s were glorious years for movies.

Though the 90s gave us Tori Amos, who I will love forever.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

My wife asked me to help her with something heavy, then used it as a distraction to steal my slushie!

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Bwahahahaha!!

Tress

Tress

When the '90s ended, I thought "Cool, I can't wait for some time to pass and we find out its identity."
Time passed and no identity was discovered. That's what fuels the view that it was a bland, flavorless decade in terms of media. Good times for the U.S., and you know, art through adversity.

There were some good/great things in the 90s, and for all I know that ratio against crap was the same as any other decade, but it seems less gems have stood out from that decade than from the 80s. Personally I dislike most 80s music, but movies? The 80s were glorious years for movies.

Though the 90s gave us Tori Amos, who I will love forever.
See, this is what I'm not understanding. I feel like you're completely glossing over the good things about the 90's... and I don't know why people are doing that. Want some good 90's movies?

Goodfellas
Saving Private Ryan
Philadelphia
Pulp Fiction
Schindler's List
The Shawshank Redemption
A Few Good Men
Groundhog Day
American Beauty
Jurassic Park
The Lion King
The Matrix
Toy Story 1 and 2
L.A. Confidential

God, I could go on and on. It's like people forget the good stuff and fixate in the bad.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

See, this is what I'm not understanding. I feel like you're completely glossing over the good things about the 90's... and I don't know why people are doing that. Want some good 90's movies?

Goodfellas
Saving Private Ryan
Philadelphia
Pulp Fiction
Schindler's List
The Shawshank Redemption
A Few Good Men
Groundhog Day
American Beauty
Jurassic Park
The Lion King
The Matrix
Toy Story 1 and 2
L.A. Confidential

God, I could go on and on. It's like people forget the good stuff and fixate in the bad.
Read what I wrote, not what the people around you said.

but it seems less gems have stood out from that decade
but it seems less gems have stood out from that decade

Tress

Tress

I don't see a difference. You're saying not many movies stand out from the decade. I posted a list of movies that do stand out, and I could have added more. I'm willing to bet any list of good 80's movies would be roughly the same size.

makare

In general I write off the 90s. There were a lot of good movies during that time but still as a whole I didn't care for the decade. I don't know how to explain it. If someone said let's watch a show called I love the 80s I'd be all over that. But if it were I love the 90s I'd feel pretty meh about it. Again not sure why. It is probably because of that lacking identity thing.

Also I hate grunge and the whole grunge music phenomenon so that hurts my loving the music. I hated the fashion. Honestly, besides the movies I liked there wasn't much else that makes me feel nostalgic for that time.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Pfft. I'd say the naughties, so far, have done less for me than the 90s.
The ninties: advent of the internet, cellphones, MP3s,.... The world really DID change in the 90s. Gulf War was just as important to the 90s as Vietnam and Korea in their time.
Grunge and "mainstream" R&B (Beyoncé and the like) are both genres that started in the 90s...I like neither, but they're still important.

Also, in the 90s everybody daid the '80s were "ridiculous" and over the top - Disco! In the 80s everyone said the 70s weren't the same as those awesome 60s; the 70s were "too serious" and "too business". And so on, and so forth. We'll see. The last decade is cool to hate on, and too close by to see its accomplishments. As you go back in time, it's more retro and more accepted to like it...With occasional different eras becoming hipster.
I'm still waiting for the Gay Twenties to come back in style ;-)

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Lately, I see nothing but people griping about how much they hated the 90's. The music? Trite and lame, whereas 80's music was the best over ermagawd.
I was an adolescent in the 80's. My music then was mostly "hair metal" - Bon Jovi, Motley Crue, Def Leppard, etc. Many of my friends from high school still listen to these groups and insist it is the best music. I don't get it. I loved the music at the time, but once the 90's hit...
I loved 90's rock/alternative/industrial-dance. The first time I heard NIN I was blown away. Pearl Jam, The Smashing Pumpkins, The Prodigy, Stabbing Westward, Tool and A Perfect Circle are all groups I still can listen to and appreciate. I can't say that about music I listened to in the 80's. My husband and I had been talking about my high school days when my son asked if he could hear the music I liked back then. So I opened a Pandora station of 80's metal. After about 3 songs I had to shut it off. Ugh. I told my husband it was giving me flashbacks. LOL

Bubble181

Bubble181

Our house... in the middle of the street...
Damn you. :cry:

Tress

Tress

Our house... in the middle of the street...
Oh no you don't!

*cranks up volume on headphones*

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I don't see a difference.
Alright, let's try again. This time with more quoting.

You're saying not many movies stand out from the decade. I posted a list of movies that do stand out, and I could have added more. I'm willing to bet any list of good 80's movies would be roughly the same size.
Not the same thing.

There are many great movies, but people don't remember them all. They don't stand out and make their mark on cultural consciousness. Not all of them.

There were some good/great things in the 90s, and for all I know that ratio against crap was the same as any other decade, but it seems less gems have stood out from that decade than from the 80s.
Notice I acknowledge that the ratio could be the same in the 80s or any other decade. Notice I acknowledge there were good/great ones in the 90s. Now notice I mention standing out, not as a measure against good movie, but as another value that helps answer your question.

It doesn't mean there are less good movies. It means less of those good movies stood out. Perhaps you're using stand out as some measure of quality, even if that doesn't make sense for the sentences I typed. I'm talking about what people remember and identify. You're arguing it from an entirely different standpoint a la "But there were good things!" and I'm saying "People don't remember as many of them as they do from other decades."

This somewhat goes back to the lack of cultural identity. There are numerous movies from the 80s that you could call "80s movies". Not all of them are good, but again, that's not what I'm talking about. It's about standing out. Being noticeable, even to a garish extent. Which of those movies on your list would you associate as "90 films" because something about them says "90s" rather than because that was the decade in which they were released?

I'm not defending the people who you're getting pissed at and I think you're letting the 90s rage ignore that. I'm explaining the perception.

I also think this belongs in some less intense rant thread, but that's just me.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

It could also be that we are still "too close" to the '90s and people haven't gotten into the "Yeah, it was stupid, but we had fun with it" mindset that comes along as you get older. Same thing happened with the '80s in that for a long time it was "Everything '80s sucks, the '70s were where it was all at" and before that the same was said about every other decade.

Tress

Tress

It doesn't mean there are less good movies. It means less of those good movies stood out. Perhaps you're using stand out as some measure of quality, even if that doesn't make sense for the sentences I typed.
Okay, I see what you're saying now. And yes, I was considering the description "stand out/stood out" as a measure of quality, because in my mind if something "stands out" that means it is good. Good movies stand out from their contemporaries, bad movies fade away. But that's just me.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

It could also be that we are still "too close" to the '90s and people haven't gotten into the "Yeah, it was stupid, but we had fun with it" mindset that comes along as you get older. Same thing happened with the '80s in that for a long time it was "Everything '80s sucks, the '70s were where it was all at" and before that the same was said about every other decade.
People were saying the 80s sucked, but they had given it an identity before the 90s ended. Eventually people will remember the 90s for certain aspects and they will be parodied, but that identity may be harder to grasp than for other decades.

As for pro-80s, that bandwagon was getting going just after the 90s ended. It really didn't take long.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

As for pro-80s, that bandwagon was getting going just after the 90s ended. It really didn't take long.
I agree. I have had my fill of people telling me how much better it was back then and so much easier. "Ronald Reagan was so awesome, dude. We need another President like him." *sigh* Of course when I shoot back with the concept of making the most of what we have today and trying to improve upon it, I may as well have three heads.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Oh yeah. about that... *cough*Iran-Contra*cough*

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

The 70's was the most butt-ugly decade ever.

fade

fade

Wait, nothing stand-out about the 90s? Alt rock didn't happen? The second biggest popular music shift since the Beatles?

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Windows 95 was cool.

fade

fade

Also, I think the 80s stands-out because of all the references to it, because Gen X is in charge right now. The next generation will promote their childhood decade.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Wait, nothing stand-out about the 90s?
Nooobody said that.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

I don't know. Superman 64 alone makes it a pretty deplorable year.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Allen who is Quiet, here's a quote from Gamespot's review of Superman 64: "It serves no purpose other than to firmly establish the bottom of the barrel."

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Dude. Dude. Maybe you don't understand. YOU FLY THROUGH RINGS. AND DO OTHER THINGS. THAT'S PRETTY FUCKING TRUE TO CANON.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

You find me one - just one - comic where Superman flies through rings and I will retract my statement about the game being the worst thing presented to humanity.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

superlame.jpg
You find me one - just one - comic where Superman flies through rings and I will retract my statement about the game being the worst thing presented to humanity.
Superman 101

also occurs in Wonder Woman

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Superman 101

also occurs in Wonder Woman
Provide pictorial proof, please!

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I think the 90's are going to be the decade remembered for just how manufactured music was becoming. The rise of the digital age meant that is was now possible to turn just about ANYONE into a great singer, on recordings at least, so the labels no longer had to look for beautiful people who could also sing, they just needed ones who could lip synch. This is turn meant that the vast majority of popular music was soulless slush.

Then again, I could say the same thing about the 2000's, except that decade also lead to the resurgence of the indie artist... one who could reach their fans no matter where they where on the globe.

Silent Bob

Silent Bob

I grew up as a kid in the early 90's, and a teenager in the late 90's. The 90's rocked. My generation is the ass end of Gen X, before the internet was a popular thing.

Sim City 2000, Descent 1 and 2, Tie Figher, Warcraft 1 and 2.

A plethora of awesome movies that ushered in the age of CGI.

Seinfeld and The Simpsons

Good economy; my parents were making awesome money and we were able to finally move into a single family house.

Gas was dirt cheap.

The 90's fucking owned.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I think the 90's will be remembered as "that time when we had the best chance to avoid the mess we got ourselves into but missed the opportunity."

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

Nothing is more vicious than a woman's envy of another woman.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I took a look at a couple of articles... and she claims that she is not pro-ana...

GasBandit

GasBandit

I took a look at a couple of articles... and she claims that she is not pro-ana...
Totally not pro-ana, just anti fatty fatty fat fats who dare weigh more than 100 lbs.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

But the pretty, pretty girls don't break 90.

makare

As dumb as I think it is at least, from what I saw, she is honest about how it is all about looks to her. She doesn't seem to be one of those people who pretend they are judging fat people because it's "unhealthy". Those people are so transparent.

Tress

Tress

True, but the sheer magnitude of her stupidity and warped sense of beauty is staggering. She is more disgusting than anyone she's ever criticized.

makare

Yeah I pretty much agree but since I am a fatty fat and I enjoy going on to fatty fat blogs and talking about the joys of being a fatty fat I can't really criticize her much. She may not see that both her actions and mine are fundamentally the same but I can. Damn it :(

Adam

Adam

I...I don't know what I was reading on that site but once again I am surprised by the depths of stupidity people plumb in order to 'belong'.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

As horrible as the forum posts regarding the topic are, it did lead me to this

Tress

Tress

OH MY GOD THAT'S DISGUSTING GET IT AWAY, MAN THE HARPOONS!

*pukes*

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Yeah I pretty much agree but since I am a fatty fat and I enjoy going on to fatty fat blogs and talking about the joys of being a fatty fat I can't really criticize her much. She may not see that both her actions and mine are fundamentally the same but I can. Damn it :(
Okay, fine.

I guess since I'm skin and bones, I can say she's a drooling, vapid bitch and criticize her all I please.

Silent Bob

Silent Bob

What the fuck? That's fat?!??!?

I'd harpoon that fatty.

Frank

Frank

Kate Upton gifs it is. Because they're awesome. Super awesome.

You take a picture of almost anyone mid stride and their bodies are going to look a bit weird, that's just how it is.

Back to the Uptonian gifs.

Adam

Adam

Jesus, how does she even stand with that much lard covering her.

As for the SkinnyGossip pro-ana site, here's some stats from random posters in her thread:

Poster1: Stats: 119 lbs, 32-25-33, 5'7" Goal: 95 lbs!

Poster 2: 5'8" Current Weight 138 (Down from 160)

Poster 3: H: 167cm CW: 77kg (down from 89kg)

Poster 4: Height: 5'8 CW: 110lbs (down from 160)

Poster 5: Height - 5ft5 * CW - 120.5

Poster 6: Height: 5'8" / 172.5cm CW: 120

Poster 7: 5'9" CW:129 (Down from 152)

Poster 8: Height: 5'9" 135lbs (Down from 145lbs)

Poster 9: 5'4" CW: 120 (7/12) (Down from 158 (3/12)

Poster 10: CW: 154.2 (Down from 189)

Makes me sad that Kate Upton (5'10", 150lbs) is looked on with such derision from the very people who are attempting to get a physique IDENTICAL to hers.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Yeah I pretty much agree but since I am a fatty fat and I enjoy going on to fatty fat blogs and talking about the joys of being a fatty fat
http://danceswithfat.wordpress.com/
Heard a radio interview with this person. Enjoyed it. Passing it on.

--Patrick

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Can I just get some round girls? Not simply curvy. I wanna see some meat. All this skeleton envy just doesn't do it for me.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Can I just get some round girls?
request__safaristeve29_blueberry_girl__s_together_by_kirbydude247-d4w22x1.jpg

--Patrick

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

:Leyla:

Terrik

Terrik

Be careful what you wish for.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

You laugh, but I know for a fact that is fetish for some people.

LittleSin

LittleSin

You laugh, but I know for a fact that is fetish for some people.
You've seen the same hentai I have.

*shudder*

PatrThom

PatrThom

Indeed. I declined to post some of the more...exaggerated pictures I found.

--Patrick

Gusto

Gusto

Violet, you're turning violet, Violet!

makare

http://danceswithfat.wordpress.com/
Heard a radio interview with this person. Enjoyed it. Passing it on.

--Patrick

Yeah her site is one of the ones I read on a regular basis. Also adipositivy. I happen to enjoy nudes of fatties so if that isn't your thing don't go there

Okay, fine.

I guess since I'm skin and bones, I can say she's a drooling, vapid bitch and criticize her all I please.
I can say she is that too but I wouldn't appreciate someone coming and being a jerk about me being fat on the sites I got o specifically to talk about being fat. That's what I am saying. Maybe she doesn't act like that all the time. That's her place to be a single minded and judgmental. I have my place to be single minded and judgmental. If she came here and started saying that stuff you bet your stick butt I'd chew her out.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

GodDAMN that's hot.

Excuse me, I'll be in my bunk.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Nick likes blue balls . . .

. . . reminds him of his prom night! :rimshot:
(God, that was awful, I apologize!)

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

...I hate you. So much.

GasBandit

GasBandit

...I hate you. So much.
Your balls are full of hate, ThatNickGuy. That is good. Hate keeps a man alive.

LittleSin

LittleSin

Indeed. I declined to post some of the more...exaggerated pictures I found.

--Patrick
I have decided I do not like you.

You sent me that website...and now...I must exist with this knowledge.

Dave

Dave

Our rant thread has become...weird.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Our rant thread has become...weird.
Now, if there were only a place where you can go and rant about it..... oh, yeah.

SeraRelm

I know how you feel, Ame. I constantly struggle with it all the time.

Adam

Adam

I don't really know the proper context here, nor do I care from what I've skimmed over, but...

I'm shorter and weigh less than any of those people you listed.
I'm 5'0 / 152cm and weigh (today) 90lbs / 41kg.
That's me on a good day. I'm no pro-ana. I've been desperately trying to gain weight.

To put it into perspective: Two years ago and any time before that I had never weighed this much before.
At my worst I was stuck just above 75 lbs / 34kg. (Yes, that's bad. No, simply "eating a sammich" isn't what works for me to gain weight.)

I'm very happy where I am now. It didn't seem possible a few years ago.
I think the point I was really trying to make was that not one of them is happy about the way they look and one of their vehicles for validation is attacking others. Considering they had a 'Starving Tip of the Day', it wasn't a healthy way to gain confidence in one's body either.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I was ironically playing along with the poster ahead of me. The girl on that website viciously insults any woman that anything but rail-thin. Then says that she is not pro-ana, then only complements models that have anorexic features.

PatrThom

PatrThom

You sent me that website...and now...I must exist with this knowledge.
You clicked, and now you, too, must live in wide, blue-eyed amazement at what DeviantArt is capable of.

--Patrick

PatrThom

PatrThom

I've been trying to gain weight for the past 25 years. In that time, I've managed to put on about 20lbs. Being male, I of course wish less than half of it had turned out adipose. I realize I could've started a "program" to do so, I just doubt I would enjoy that much sweating.

--Patrick

Dave

Dave

Tosh stuff was moved to its own thread. Sorry, Nick, but I don't know how to move a single thread to the end of a different one.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Well this isn't really a rant, but I don't know where else to put it. I just got a call from my husband's Chief. He fell down a ladder well on the ship and is being taken off to a hospital on the base in Bahrain. She said he is ok. If he's ok why are they taking him to a hospital? Can't be too minor if the docs on board can't handle it.
I am waiting for a call from the person escorting him to get more info.
OMFG. I'm a wreck. My son is still awake and he asked who was on the phone (we rarely ever get calls past 9pm). I told him Daddy got hurt and is going to the hospital, but he is ok. I'm trying not to cry or look like I'm frightened, but I'm pretty sure he knows something is up. I want to call my mom, but it's 3am back east. Same goes for my best friend. My stomach is in a knot. FUCKING HELL I HATE THIS!

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Not just the docs, but trying to get in and out of your average berthing rack would be hell if he twisted or sprained anything. God forbid if anything broke.

I had a food poisoning episode while in port in Mayport, FL. The duty corpsman had to take me to the hospital at NAS Jacksonville. The other side of town. >.< And all they really did there was give me an IV to replace lost fluids.

So if they were reasonably close, or were making a port call, it might just be a precaution to send him to the hospital. Here's hoping.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Sounds like it's his leg. Don't know the extent of the injury, but in talking to the ombudsman the docs onboard were being cautious in case it was something they couldn't take care of there. He's on a destroyer and their medical facilities aren't that big. So if it's more than first aid, basically, they have to send him out. She said they're going to do an MRI to make sure he didn't tear anything. They just finished up a port call so they weren't that far away. I feel better since talking to the ombudsman because the Chief was so vague about what happened and her phone connection was really bad.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

That's reassuring. IIRC, the cruisers I was on didn't have x-ray capabilities, so at the least I'd have to be helo'd over to a carrier or tender that had larger medical facilities if underway, or transported to hospital if that was possible.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

It's 12:30 and I haven't heard anything yet. I figure I'll finally drift off to sleep and that's when his escort will call. Either that or it won't be until later this morning when I'm out running errands.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

I heard from him on FB twice last night. I still don't know exactly what happened, but he's had a bajillion x-rays and a ct scan. Sounds like the docs gave him some medication and have sent him back. Hopefully I can hear from him (on the phone) soon.

Dave

Dave

I hope it's good news and he just sprained something.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

From what I am gathering, based on bits and pieces I got from the ombudsman and from his two FB messages, his knee gave out while he was on the ladder. He's been having trouble with this knee for a few months now and had just been seen at medical on the base a couple of days ago to try to figure out what's wrong. I'm just glad it is not as bad as my imagination was leading me to believe. I kept thinking he broke his neck or something terrible because I only got a vague "He fell. He's hurt, but he's ok," from his Chief. That knee-jerk, "But he's ok..." is one of those things I know all too well to be something said just to keep the other person calm.

Dave

Dave

Update on the Kate Upton is a pig blog thing. Seems the blogger has been taking a LOT of grief over this. So of course it was all "intentionally outrageous" and not meant to be taken seriously. Whatever. Still, death threats, rape threats and being hacked by anon is way over the top for a response.

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-sty...t-removes-starving-tips-day-article-1.1112822

Tress

Tress

Update on the Kate Upton is a pig blog thing. Seems the blogger has been taking a LOT of grief over this.
:D

So of course it was all "intentionally outrageous" and not meant to be taken seriously. Whatever.

Still, death threats, rape threats and being hacked by anon is way over the top for a response.
:facepalm:

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

She asked for it, just like the heckler...

Tress

Tress

She asked for it, just like the heckler...

HowDroll

HowDroll

Ugh, why did I even bother to read that article or the comments?

/bodyimageissues :(

SeraRelm

Take this to the tosh thread where I can ignore it, please.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

So now I really have a rant about this situation my husband is in. I guess when he was going to be transported to the hospital they had someone go to his rack (bunk, bed and locker, etc) and pack some things for him. They packed uniforms for him, one set of civilian clothes, and nothing else. So he is in port for a week at least with no toothbrush, no deodorant, no regular shoes only his work boots, and...NO MONEY because they forgot to pack his wallet! :facepalm:

Bubble181

Bubble181

So now I really have a rant about this situation my husband is in. I guess when he was going to be transported to the hospital they had someone go to his rack (bunk, bed and locker, etc) and pack some things for him. They packed uniforms for him, one set of civilian clothes, and nothing else. So he is in port for a week at least with no toothbrush, no deodorant, no regular shoes only his work boots, and...NO MONEY because they forgot to pack his wallet! :facepalm:
Option A would seem to be: anybody he can borrow from? I assume he can pay it back afterwards.
Option B: Western Union and the like allow you to send money to silly places like Iraq and Afghanistan pretty easily and quickly...If not cheaply.

Tress

Tress

Days like this remind me why I fucking hate my sister-in-law.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I am a little disappointed with myself. I defriended a friend of mine on Facebook. Everyday it is some political attack on Obama, that normally has some racist overtones. I called him on one of his racist rants against illegal aliens. Then he posted a patch of the Confederate Battle Flag, with writing on it, "TRY TO BURN THIS ASSHOLE." So I ended my Facebook friendship with him.

I am disappointed that I did not call him out for not being a true son of the Confederacy. He has a German surname, and they did not move to Texas until the hostilities were over. So he has no fucking right to wave that flag since nobody in his family died defending it. MINE DID. I grew up respecting that flag, but I would never fly it now due to the racist overtones. i.e. The cultural importance of the flag has been overtaken by the Klan.

Terrik

Terrik

Well, my job is jerking me around and as opposed to resigning, last night I decided to try something else, so I'm handing this to my bosses and see if this gets a reaction.

--- WITHOUT PREJIDUCE ---

ATTN: Principal Zhou, Century Only Kindergarten, East Wuzhong Road Campus
Principal Lin, Century Only Kindergarten, East Wuzhong Road Campus

DATE: July ------

On several occasions, it has been demanded that I perform more work than initially agreed upon when we first negotiated my contract. I have been forced to accept extra classes when the school allowed other teacher(s) to take time off. I have been forced to work extra classes because the school caused one of the other teachers to resign and I have, throughout the year been forced to take part in many events, duties and lessons not listed as my duties under sections 2, 5 980, and 5 (10).

Further, I have on two separate occasions submitted my request, both with more than the two week notice as listed in Section 5(4) and been refused as, according to Principal Zhou, I should have given more notice than the more than two weeks I provided. Finally, following a great deal of argument from Principal Zhou, was able to convince her that it was not merely fair but also provided for in the contract that I am able to take vacation time following two weeks notice.

I was informed that I would be forced to teach my classes throughout the summer at another campus apparently without a Chinese co-teacher and A'yi per the Education Laws of the Peoples' Republic of China. On the morning of July 12, 2012, I was informed after insisting to be told the situation, that I would not be teaching at the other campus through the summer and would not receive my monthly salary contrary to Section 4 of the contract which has absolutely no provision for the school not paying me throughout the contract term.

I have, following all the extra duties forced upon me in paragraph 1 of this letter of formal notice of breach of contract coupled with the impossibility of being able to arrange vacations while other teachers very clearly are able to do so, hereby and without prejudice, inform you that you are in breach of both the chopped English contract and the contract with the Foreign Expert Administration Bureau. Further, I have been told directly that I simply must do as I am told and, not only is there no chance offered for negotiation, there are threats regarding my salary.

The Labour Bureau of Shanghai states that no provision of a contract or an Employer's demands can overrule their Labour Laws and Regulations. There are several problems listed above that clearly violate Foreign Expert Administration Bureau Laws and Regulations, the contract itself and the Labour Bureau of Shanghai Laws and Regulations.

It is my hope that all problems can be solved immediately without the need of involving outside bureaus.

Yours truly,

cc: HR Department

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Did you attach the business card of a head-busting attorney? :D

Bubble181

Bubble181

Good luck with that...But I have to say that if you're taking it to that level, you would be smart to have someone with legal background involved - not necessarily a lawyer, depending on the Chinese legal system...
Hope you have proof of delivery/receipt/whatever, best of luck to you!

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Yeah, they may just try and get you deported from the country, rather than pay you.

Terrik

Terrik

Yeah, they may just try and get you deported from the country, rather than pay you.
Impossible, really. I had a legal residence permit and a legal foreign experts certificate. Foreigners can and have won these types of cases if they're willing to put in the effort. It will unlikely be necessary. What is likely to happen is once this is sent to HR, someone higher up will be informed of a few things they didn't know and the situation may resolve itself. At worst, they could simply refuse to renew my contract which I'm perfectly fine with.

Silent Bob

Silent Bob

I really hate it when people twist my arguments into something they're not, and I'm really considering just leaving this place if that's something of a frequent occurrence here.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I really hate it when people twist my arguments into something they're not, and I'm really considering just leaving this place if that's something of a frequent occurrence here.
I just responded in that thread; I see what you were saying now.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

--- WITHOUT PREJIDUCE ---

Prejudice?

Silent Bob

Silent Bob

Why is my rant funny, Makare?

Terrik

Terrik

This is why I use Halforums as a spell check. Imagine if I had handed that in already. Well, off I go to reprint.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Why is my rant funny, Makare?
I'm guessing because she thinks twisting one another's arguments around is pretty much the national sport, if HF was a nation.

Adam

Adam

So I've developed a media engine for our branch network, basically all the TVs you see while waiting in line would play various ads that I've developed. Unfortunately, there appears to be a bit of a curse when it comes to actually installing them. The first guy that was doing it last year, he quit and moved to Australia. The second girl that was doing it earlier this year, she quit last month. Finally I had a dependable fellow who was doing it, but he didn't actually know how so I was working with him to figure it out.

He was in the server room installing the media engine and he needed to terminate an ethernet cable. So while I'm standing there chatting with him, he gets out a knife and cuts off the end of a cable...

And slices a 3 inch gouge in his hand down to the muscle.

So we take him to the hospital and 6 stitches later he facebooks to tell me he's not allowed to use his hand for 10 weeks.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Jeez, that certainly brings new meaning to job cuts.

But seriously, that really sucks, man. At least it's only 10 weeks and not longer.

makare

I'm guessing because she thinks twisting one another's arguments around is pretty much the national sport, if HF was a nation.
pretty much and people who are so new couldn't have any idea what to expect around here.

Adam

Adam

Jeez, that certainly brings new meaning to job cuts.

But seriously, that really sucks, man. At least it's only 10 weeks and not longer.
It's funny because him and I are good friends and it was him that came up with the idea that the whole project was cursed. He took it on just to prove it wrong; oops.

makare

fuck you i dont are if you like frosg i like hem there spoddy! and hoppy

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

fuck you i dont are if you like frosg i like hem there spoddy! and hoppy
:rimshot:

Silent Bob

Silent Bob

While it doesn't occur often (for some values of 'often'), it is a technique that is employed occasionally. It seems more often to make an appearance in the more emotionally charged threads, so as long as you avoid the hot button topics (rape, steak, abortion, religious topics, morality, etc) then its unlikely that you will be bitten by it.
uh... steak... Like this kind of steak?

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

That would be a t-prime example Bob.

HowDroll

HowDroll

While it doesn't occur often (for some values of 'often'), it is a technique that is employed occasionally. It seems more often to make an appearance in the more emotionally charged threads, so as long as you avoid the hot button topics (rape, steak, abortion, religious topics, morality, etc) then its unlikely that you will be bitten by it.
I love how "steak" falls between "rape" and "abortion."

Halforums: We're fuckin' serious about beef

Terrik

Terrik

Or pork steak. Right?

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

You forgot proper posture for use of toilet paper.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Or pork steak. Right?
Pork is not steak, you friggin' heathen!
Steak is steak. Beef; possibly buffalo or bison or other cowlikes anmals. Pork is pork. It's awesome, too, mind, but it's not steak.

makare

someone's never had a ham steak

Terrik

Terrik

Anything can be steak!

Fish steak! Lamb Steak!

Steak steak!

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

I love how "steak" falls between "rape" and "abortion."

Halforums: We're fuckin' serious about beef
He forgot pizza though.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Anything can be steak!

Fish steak! Lamb Steak!

Steak steak!
tumblr_m71to7SjLB1qj26eao1_500.jpg

makare

I bet silent bob likes his meat rare because he is a man's man what with being so physical and all.

Silent Bob

Silent Bob

It's somewhat of an inside joke, but we have had more than one thread get locked because people believe there is One True Way to cook steak.
medium rare to medium.

I thought this was common knowledge?

drifter

drifter

I make a pretty mean steamed ham.

Silent Bob

Silent Bob

I bet silent bob likes his meat rare because he is a man's man what with being so physical and all.
What?

makare

well obviously im madly in love with you

Bubble181

Bubble181

Anything can be steak!

Fish steak! Lamb Steak!

Steak steak!
next up is dog steak, isn't it, you filthy commie? You've clearly been in Red China far too long.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

:popcorn:... :lock:

makare

ooo pop and lock

Terrik

Terrik

next up is dog steak, isn't it, you filthy commie? You've clearly been in Red China far too long.
Pfft, what do you mean, "next up"?

That's what I started with.

Bubble181

Bubble181

I've got this lovely picture of a wayside tavern over in Schotland, overviewing a lovely lake. Only been used once, want to use it? :p

Silent Bob

Silent Bob

Well done, good sir!

(and thus it begins...)

I go by what Chef Ramsay says, and I distinctly remember an episode of Hell's Kitchen where he was pretty adamant about how you might as well not eat a steak if it's cooked past medium on the count of the flavor being killed off. But whatever floats one's boat, I say. I'll cook up a piece of shoe leather for my Barbeque guests if they request it.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Pfft, what do you mean, "next up"?

That's what I started with.
I should've guessed, based on your avatar.

Steak jokes aside, I would actually like to try dog sometime. I'm curious what it'd taste like.

Silent Bob

Silent Bob

I should've guessed, based on your avatar.

Steak jokes aside, I would actually like to try dog sometime. I'm curious what it'd taste like.
Chicken.

:rimshot:

Silent Bob

Silent Bob

..uh... I cook the shoe leather and then throw it at their ..stupid...heads? ya!

Stop making me choose a position, damn it. You're no better than Hitler.

You're Hitler!

There I said.

How's that?

makare

Don't worry, Makare is just a local Troll.
sorry you're right. assuming manliness is sexist. it is a little trollish my bad.

makare

You can assume I'm manly whenever you want.
sorry my trolling days are over! damn it all. i am a new woman.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

You can assume I'm manly whenever you want.
The true measure of manliness isn't Makare, but how many babies you make, so I guess you're not much of a...

... damn.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Imma gonna have to post this again...

In America today there are at least 30,000 different steak recipes.
All of them are good.
Steak, you see, is the Real Man's birthday cake; and while we prefer a plain, simple sirloin, fried in a pan with a touch of butter and oil, we would not be so presumptuous as to force our will on you.
The way we see it, telling a Real Man how to prepare his steak would be like telling him how to ride his horse, drive his car or make love to his girlfriend.
And among Real Men this just isn't done.

Adam

Adam

Oh for crap's sake. Rant #2.

My assistant got promoted to an advisory position in the training department, so I had to hire a new assistant. I ended up hiring an old friend of mine who's husband had just died in a drowning accident and she'd been off work for the past year (working at the same company in a different department). She had wanted out of the working environment she was in as it was a very negative place full of nasty politics and egotistical managers. She took a huge paycut to come work for me and I've been working with her to get back into work mode, knowing she's still a bit delicate and has good days and bad.

Just got a phone call from my brother in law who happens to work with her brother-in-law saying she won't be coming in tomorrow because "things took a turn for the worse". I don't know what that means and I'm hoping it doesn't mean what I think it means (self-harm) and the only phone number I've been given is a cell phone number that I can't tell if it's hers or his or what's going on. I don't want to pry but I also feel a sense of responsibility to her to make sure that it wasn't her experiences today that caused any issues (It was a particularly stressful day - and yes, marketing people can have stressful days)

Edit: Nope, her best friend who has been fighting cancer for the past 3 years had the tumour burst this afternoon and she's bleeding out with only a couple hours to live.

Rant #3.

I've been volunteered to be on a dunk tank seat tomorrow for half an hour to raise money for a mammography screening machine for the local hospital. My wife, father, brother and sister have all emailed every single contact they have to send them down there as each one of them individually is away on vacation/work.

drifter

drifter

Rant #3.

I've been volunteered to be on a dunk tank seat tomorrow for half an hour to raise money for a mammography screening machine for the local hospital. My wife, father, brother and sister have all emailed every single contact they have to send them down there as each one of them individually is away on vacation/work.

Get an old-timey swimsuit and hurl archaic insults à la Conan O'Brien playing baseball.

Adam

Adam

Gonna wear a wetsuit and my skipper's hat, that's douchey enough.

Troll

Troll

Don't worry, Makare is just a local Troll.
Ummmm... no. I'm pretty sure that's me.

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

Yuss, Troll is back. Don't you disappear this time you . . . you . . . .uhm, troll thingie!

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

I've had it up to here with you browning bananas!

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

I've had it up to here with you browning bananas!
Sounds like it's Banana Nut Bread time.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Get an old-timey swimsuit and hurl archaic insults à la Conan O'Brien playing baseball.
The people who do dunk tanks at carnivals are really good. I'm amazed at how much they make me hate them.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Gonna wear a wetsuit and my skipper's hat, that's douchey enough.
Try to get someone to tape it with a phone or something. I'm sure you being dunked in water would be the basis for many a funny gif.

Adam

Adam

Try to get someone to tape it with a phone or something. I'm sure you being dunked in water would be the basis for many a funny gif.
There will be plenty of still photos but video will...purposefully...be hard to come by.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Heh, the new guy almost started another steak war? And I wasn't there. Damn.

Adam

Adam

Heh, the new guy almost started another steak war? And I wasn't there. Damn.
And he's a big supporter of PA and Sandusky! It's like he's a personal trainer version of a poster recently banned!1!

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Secret gang sign!

Adam

Adam

Secret gang sign!
!1!

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

=nods=

!1!

drifter

drifter

Uh oh, EP-One-EPs. I'm outta here.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

If they call out The Warriors, we're all screwed!

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

If they call out The Warriors, we're all screwed!
Come out to play-ay!

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I was playing TF2 a little while ago. There was an idiot on the server who kept mic spamming that scene from Dumb & Dumber ("Wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world?" and then the scream ad naseum). Eventually, I figured out how to mute him.

Maybe it's all the teacher education I've gone through in the last year, but I just can't fathom how someone can get entertainment out of that. Surely there are dozens of different ways to have fun or at the very least, get attention. But no, instead, he just sits in the re-spawn room and mic spams, with his teammates asking for his banning. At which point, he leaves, then comes back a few minutes later with a different name and does it again. Ugh. I just...I can't understand where that's even fun for someone to do.

Terrik

Terrik

I was playing TF2 a little while ago. There was an idiot on the server who kept mic spamming that scene from Dumb & Dumber ("Wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world?" and then the scream ad naseum). Eventually, I figured out how to mute him.

Maybe it's all the teacher education I've gone through in the last year, but I just can't fathom how someone can get entertainment out of that. Surely there are dozens of different ways to have fun or at the very least, get attention. But no, instead, he just sits in the re-spawn room and mic spams, with his teammates asking for his banning. At which point, he leaves, then comes back a few minutes later with a different name and does it again. Ugh. I just...I can't understand where that's even fun for someone to do.
Even worse, when you see a game that TNG is in and he manages to leave in the minute between loading and starting the game.

:foreveralone:

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

It's somewhat of an inside joke, but we have had more than one thread get locked because people believe there is One True Way to cook steak.
Expressions such as "dog vagina" were used.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Expressions such as "dog vagina" were used.
Still tastes better than an overcooked steak, after all :p

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Still tastes better than an overcooked steak, after all :p
I wouldn't know. Never had the urge to... stick... my... tongue... ugh, I can't even say it. It's just horribly disgusting.

Also, I used to eat my steaks well done. These days I prefer medium plus.

Bubble181

Bubble181

I wouldn't know. Never had the urge to... stick... my... tongue... ugh, I can't even say it. It's just horribly disgusting.

Also, I used to eat my steaks well done. These days I prefer medium plus.
Only female dogs have vaginas. A female dog is a bitch. Never went down on someone you realized was a bitch afterwards? There you go ;)

Also, I went from medium-to-well-done to medium-to-medium-rare, and honestly, however anyone likes their steaks is fine by me. But it's fun to mock.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Never went down on someone you realized was a bitch afterwards? There you go ;)
Oh don't get me started on my first girlfriend... or as I like to call her "[Name redacted], the Psycho Bitch Queen"

Bubble181

Bubble181

Oh don't get me started on my first girlfriend... or as I like to call her "[Name redacted], the Psycho Bitch Queen"
I'm aware :p
Now, choose between her and a badly made steak. ;)

Silent Bob

Silent Bob

And he's a big supporter of PA and Sandusky! It's like he's a personal trainer version of a poster recently banned!1!

No I'm not. I don't support Jerry Sandusky at all. What the hell is wrong with you? Wow this actually makes me mad. You're saying I'm supporting a child rapist. Go fuck yourself is the better reply.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I don't think that's the case; the new guy threatened to leave, which wouldn't make sense.

Unless that's what he wanted us to think! :Leyla:

Silent Bob

Silent Bob

This is crap. I'm taking a break from this place for a while. Adios.

Vrii

Vrii

Don't blame you. Jesus guys, what in the actual fuck is up with this?

LordRendar

LordRendar

Way to go,people

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

The banned guy we're talking about also thought stuff here was crap sometimes.

And he'd take breaks from the forum.

And it's possible he knew Spanish.

The pieces are falling into place. Oh yes.

Gusto

Gusto

Jesus fucking Christ.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

The Halforums Witchhunt continues!

PatrThom

PatrThom

Halforums: Come for the Minotaur Penis, stay for the...ad hominem?
Also, fish fry on Friday!

--Patrick

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Oh for the love of God, people...

Seriously, guys, what the bloody hell is wrong with you? It's not too often we get new members who are interesting to talk to, not to mention folks you look forward to hearing from again. And you guys pile up on him like a bunch of rehab patients on the guy with the last cigarette. W-T-fuckin'-F?!

Silent Bob ... on behalf of the forums, apologies. Some of our members are a bit rowdy, and a while back there happened some pretty nasty shit that resulted in a banning - and some people throwing a shit fit over it. Which will NOT be discussed here. Personally I thought you an opinionated (in a good way) and interesting poster, and I hope you'll give us a second chance.

As for some of you folks... seriously, this is why we can't have nice things.

Perkele!

Dave

Dave

Well, I *WILL* talk about the bannination but for one reason and one reason only - to explain to Silent Bob about what's going on.

• We had a user named Mathias who was banned. He was a really, really smart guy who could not control his baser troll and instead of ever backing down when confronted about it, he doubled down in a big way. Think Micheal Richards or Daniel Tosh. It got to be too much (and a lot of other things happened) and he was banned.
  • After his banning, here you come. You have the same basic posting style without the insults and derogatory remarks. There are people who think you are him under another name. What these people do NOT know is that we, the mods, have been watching all new people to ensure that this does not happen. We checked out everything we could find about you and nothing matched. But some of these people still are certain you are him and regardless of whether they are right are projecting their feelings for Mathias onto you. It's unfair and kinda stupid.
So to everyone - the mods have a very active thread where we discussed this at length. Quit giving Bob shit - he doesn't deserve it. There is no guilt by association because as far as we know there is no association!
Like North_Ranger, Bob, I would like to offer my sincerest apologies.

Dave

Dave

One last note on this. I'm not shutting down the rant thread because this has now become a rant for me.

When Bob came in I had a few people send me PMs that Bob = Chaz. I started a thread in the mod section telling ALL of them everything I know. We've been watching his posts and looking into background stuff and have determined that Bob =/= Mathias. Could we be wrong? Yes. But it would have taken Mathias a hell of a lot of work to set up as it would involve IP spoofing and a few other things. Some of you still don't believe this is the case and I've even been accused of covering up Mathias' return.

Here's my take. I don't give a fuck what you think. You think Bob = Mathias? Whatever. You think I'm covering up for someone I banned myself? Go for it. But until you have proof, you will leave the poor guy alone. Save your witch hunts for someone who deserves it, not some new guy you suspect might be someone else. Take your paranoia, pack it into a little bag and go home.

For fuck's sake, North_Ranger & Amorous Eyes are sticking up for the guy! Do you REALLY think NR is going to back Mathias? Really?!?

I've pulled the curtain back a bit to let you know the mods have been working on this and checking stuff out. They (we) are doing our jobs.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Maybe Ranger's support of this is ALL PART OF THE CONSPIRACY!

Vrii

Vrii

The thing that gets me is that I don't ever remember Mathias getting that level of hate spewed at him, even when he was being a giant asshole for no reason. Even if you think there's a chance that Bob is him, where the fuck is the basis for saying he supports a child rapist, or continuing to pile on five or ten posts after he says he's had enough shit and is thinking about just leaving?

Christ, is there a contest here to be the new Halforums' Biggest Asshole that I wasn't told about?

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Don't make me hurt you, Nick. I have a full piss bag and I know where you live.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Now that sounds like his prom night.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I've pulled the curtain back a bit to let you know the mods have been working on this and checking stuff out. They (we) are doing our jobs.
Never doubted it, Dave . I know you take your job seriously.

--Patrick

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

It was a book signing Nick never forgot.

Silent Bob

Silent Bob

Well, I *WILL* talk about the bannination but for one reason and one reason only - to explain to Silent Bob about what's going on.

• We had a user named Mathias who was banned. He was a really, really smart guy who could not control his baser troll and instead of ever backing down when confronted about it, he doubled down in a big way. Think Micheal Richards or Daniel Tosh. It got to be too much (and a lot of other things happened) and he was banned.
  • After his banning, here you come. You have the same basic posting style without the insults and derogatory remarks. There are people who think you are him under another name. What these people do NOT know is that we, the mods, have been watching all new people to ensure that this does not happen. We checked out everything we could find about you and nothing matched. But some of these people still are certain you are him and regardless of whether they are right are projecting their feelings for Mathias onto you. It's unfair and kinda stupid.
So to everyone - the mods have a very active thread where we discussed this at length. Quit giving Bob shit - he doesn't deserve it. There is no guilt by association because as far as we know there isno association!
Like North_Ranger, Bob, I would like to offer my sincerest apologies.

I have no idea who this is or what everyone is talking about. All I know is that I'm being touted as a supported of a child molester because - God forbid- I don't think a university should suffer anymore than it has. I went to Pitt. I hate Penn State. I don't know what my posting "style" is. I just articulate things the best I can to get my points across. I may agree with things people say, or I may not. I don't really feel that deserves accusations of being a rape sympathizer. Let's just leave it alone, please.

I accept your apology and thanks for clearing things up.

Adam

Adam

Take your paranoia, pack it into a little bag and go home.
Done.

For the record, I really liked Chaz, but I'm not an idiot. In a couple months, find me on Steam and let me know how things are going.

And to Silent Bob, my apologies, I meant Paterno, not Sandusky. I'm not close enough to the whole thing to always keep the names straight.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Aw, man! Pitt? So much for you then!

Silent Bob

Silent Bob

Done.

For the record, I really liked Chaz, but I'm not an idiot. In a couple months, find me on Steam and let me know how things are going.

And to Silent Bob, my apologies, I meant Paterno, not Sandusky. I'm not close enough to the whole thing to always keep the names straight.
Apology accepted, but I'm not really defending Paterno 100% either. All I did was offer up a possible motive to what was going through his head when he decided to cover up the scandal. I hope you didn't leave this forum on my account, but I don't take accusations of being a sympathizer to a pedophile very lightly either.[DOUBLEPOST=1342286004][/DOUBLEPOST]
Aw, man! Pitt? So much for you then!

Only for four years before moving back to Philly! ;)

I love my Eagles and Phillies, but I hate the Flyers. Go figure.

blotsfan

blotsfan

I love my Eagles and Phillies, but I hate the Flyers. Go figure.
Its called having some taste.

Silent Bob

Silent Bob

Its called having some taste.
Right on! I've been a Chicago Blackhawks fan since I was a wee tyke.

Dave

Dave

Done.

Really? I swear I can't say anything without making people want to leave these days.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Banging your head on a desk!?! How dare you! That's it. I'm outta here
(at least until after I get back from grocery shopping later)
!!

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Why does Omaha have four airports? !1!

Bones

Bones

Really? I swear I can't say anything without making people want to leave these days.
I wouldn't give it to much mind. It is unfortunate that Adam couldn't handle the fact that silent bob here is not actually Mathias, the fact that he is a black-hawks fan is enough for me! Mathias was fanatical in his love of the penguins.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

What a strange oath.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

ANSWER THE FUCKING QUESTION!1!

=insert picture of the guy from Braveheart who says answer the fucking question=

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

I hope you change your mind and stick around...
Seconded, Adam ol' boy.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I thought Adam left and came back already.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I thought Adam left and came back already.
I thought that too.

Ohhh-hoh-hoh-hoh don't you people WISH! I said it before, and I'll say it again: You'll never be rid of me.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Why does Omaha have four airports? !1!
General Aviation is popular there.

LittleSin

LittleSin

I missed something, didn't I?

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

at some point in your life, probably

Terrik

Terrik

You can't miss something you weren't aiming for.
And that's why I bring a mop with me every time I go to the bathroom.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

And that's why I bring a mop with me every time I go to the bathroom.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I woke up this morning to find out my Hotmail account had been compromised and blocked. So, I start to find out what steps I need to take in order to unblock it. The Hotmail support brought me to a page that asked for my first and last name, birthday, etc...but also previous passwords. Hrm. I didn't like the sound of that, so I thought I'd try calling a customer service number.

It brought me to an outside support service that worked with Hotmail, but wasn't them directly. He used a program to link me with his computer (which felt like a ghost was controlling my mouse; kinda cool). Before leading me to the steps that would fix the compromise, he said I would need to pay $70 for the service.

Having no other choice, I agreed. Then he moved me to the page...that was the EXACT same as what I was at before I called. So basically, I could have had this fucking thing solved myself.

I told him this exactly, thanked him for his time, and hung up. To hell with that $70 fucking charge for something I could have done myself.

Hotmail's working again and I'm still $70 richer. But Jesus Christ, that was ridiculous.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I recommend you periodically change the passwords on all the sites that are important to you regardless of whether they have been hacked or not just in case...
Clarified that for you.

--Patrick

Gusto

Gusto

Someone from Kuala Lampur tried to hack my Facebook yesterday. :p

Dave

Dave

Shit. You guys should see the emails I get about people trying to hack this site. At least 2 a day. China, the Philippines, Russia...you name it. They are quite funny sometimes. They all look like this:

Code:
Jul 15 20:10:17 vps726 sshd[378]: Invalid user gamme from 118.145.25.90
Jul 15 20:10:18 vps726 sshd[380]: Invalid user gamme from 118.145.25.90
Jul 15 20:10:28 vps726 sshd[395]: Invalid user exam from 118.145.25.90
Jul 15 20:10:29 vps726 sshd[401]: Invalid user exam from 118.145.25.90
Jul 15 20:10:30 vps726 sshd[403]: Invalid user cri from 118.145.25.90
The names they try and log in with are funny. For a whole week someone from China tried to log into the root by the username "Fluffy".

PatrThom

PatrThom

Someone with a proxy in Kuala Lampur, most likely.

--Patrick

PatrThom

PatrThom

Shit. You guys should see the emails I get about people trying to hack this site. At least 2 a day. China, the Philippines, Russia...you name it.
Hell, Dave ...I get unauthorized login attempts on my Minecraft server once or twice a week. On my Minecraft server. Always in blocks of 5 login attempts (usually ssh or vnc requests), never from the same IP. Sometimes they come from inside legitimate corporations, too. Awkwaaaard.

--Patrick

Dave

Dave

They are in blocks of 5 because most server software does a mandatory 30 or 60 minute IP lock for 5 unsuccessful attempts.

PatrThom

PatrThom

There's no log of any attempts after, so I just assumed that whatever script was doing the intrusion attempt was set to only try 5 times. The fun part is sending the CIO a "you probably need to scan the machines on your network and educate people on email security again" note.

--Patrick

Frank

Frank

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...people-Inside-slum-camp-Olympic-cleaners.html

Hey UK, where's all that criticism of how Canada handled the 2010 winters now? Oh yeah, go fuck yourselves.

drifter

drifter

At least they're not making them sleep under bridges.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Yeah from what I hear they won't even be done with construction of the stadium in time.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Yeah from what I hear they won't even be done with construction of the stadium in time.
They will be. The Doctor's already been there ;)

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

I don't know where to put this..

But I just 'Wow, that's never happened to me before moment'.

After reading a story from one of my favorite costumers, I cried so hard I threw up. I'm so glad I've calmed down now, but..that was just weird. I don't know why I feel so much for people I don't even know, but..I have a tender heart.

But the rant part and why I was crying:

A costumer, who I admire so very much, just posted what happened to her sister, her sister's boyfriend, and her sister's dogs. This sister was on a walk with Boyfriend and (4 houses away mind you) was crossing through a cross walk and was hit by car. The boyfriend shoved Sister out of the way at the last second, taking the full force of the car. Carnage. The dogs were killed instantly, luckily both Sister and Boyfriend will survive.

But the idiot driver? They took off! In a wake of destruction they left the scene, a witness said they didn't even slow down. Like...I just...can't even. Why??

As wrong as it is for me to say, I hope that driver is haunted forever! There is nothing okay with what happened. Hopefully they can at least be caught and answer for the events that transpired..

Anyway..I'll probably calm down in a few minutes and possibly delete this post.

Bones

Bones

That kind of shit never gets easier kags, and I do my best these days to try not to read about stuff like that, to depressing.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Update on my husband: It's not his leg. It's his back. He's got two herniated/bulging disks (L4 and L5). Right now he's on steroids and B vitamins to help the nerves. He also finally got his wallet, passport, and laptop off of the ship. The full results of his tests will be available tomorrow. The doctor wants him to have electrograph therapy but they are backed up until next month. The guy who is his escort is an idiot. He sent a message to the command telling them all the wrong info about Mr. Wasabi's condition. He also uses the bidet for a urinal and often misses. When Mr. Wasabi told him what a bidet is for, the guy told him he didn't know what he was talking about. Mr. Wasabi has been using the guy's towel to dry/clean up the pee. :devil:

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

I laughed for a good 5 minutes when he told me about the towel.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

It amazes me how much beaurocratic bullshit the men and women in our armed forces have to go through to get serious medical care.

Tress

Tress

It amazes me how much beaurocratic bullshit the men and women in our armed forces have to go through to get serious medical care.
Hear, hear. It's not like we should be treating them well or anything, right? :rolleyes:

Tress

Tress

So my sister-in-law is in the hospital. She and my brother drove to Chicago to meet my niece for her visit. On the drive back my SIL started getting migraines and vomited in the car. They stopped for the night at a hotel, and she thought she just needed to lie down for a nap. My brother took my niece out for some dinner, and when they came back they found a crowd hovering around my SIL, who had passed out in the hotel lobby. She was disoriented and had aphasia, which was freaking my brother out even more. Now she's spending the night in the hospital while a neurologist prepares to do more tests tomorrow. No one has any idea what the hell is going on, and my brother is scared shitless. My mom hopped on a red-eye to give him a hand.

I just wish there were answers. I hope she's going to be okay.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Any word on your SIL, Tress?

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

LittleKagsin, was that incident with your costumer friend's sister in Carmichael, CA?

If so, they got the suspect.
http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2012...t-in-carmichael-hit-and-run-that-killed-dogs/

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Oh my gosh, yes!!

Yes, yes, yes! All of the yes-es!

Aaaannndd..more tears.

Thank you so so much Cheesy1! :)

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

The dude is a waste of carbon. According to that article, his whole life has been one DUI charge after another.

Tress

Tress

Any word on your SIL, Tress?
Still waiting.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I wonder if a hit and run is punished less severely than a hit while intoxicated.
He'd get charged with both anyway.

blotsfan

blotsfan

You always should flee the scene if you hit someone drunk. High profile case here about a month ago. Guy was drunk and texting, hit a girl and drove off. He claims he thought he hit a deer, and didnt realize the flesh and blood on his hood was a woman (he's a doctor btw). Found not guilty because they couldn't prove he was drunk.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Sadly, unless you've done something VERY minor, it's almost always a better idea to run.

Tress

Tress

How about you just don't drive drunk? Wouldn't that be a crazy idea??

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

That's just horrible...

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

yes, absolutely horrendous. But every country has people like that.
Didn't intend it as criticism of the Chinese. That's horrendous everywhere.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

No prob.

Tress

Tress

I don't know how widespread this problem is, but one of the things that bugs the shit out of me is what I'll call the "DUI culture" around here. What I mean by that is the mentality many people have that getting a DUI and/or driving drunk is perfectly normal. A friend of mine was dating a guy whose friends congratulated him when he got his first DUI, because he was finally "part of the club." They all had 2 or 3 DUIs, and they looked upon as some badge of honor. Every day we hear about professional athletes arrested for a DUI, and most people just shrug it off as some sort of "boys will be boys" thing. I'll often overhear random people in public talking about how they got "another DUI" like it's no big deal. One woman complained that the court installed a breathalyzer in her car that she had to blow into before it would start. Her complaint was that she got it after her third DUI, arguing that was too few. She felt you shouldn't have that until your fourth or fifth conviction.

People don't see it as dangerous. They don't think about what could happen, or why society punishes people for it. They just see it as "the man" being uptight. You'll even hear some people joke that it's fun or that they drive better when they're drunk. I don't fucking get it. I'm not saying that the first time a person gets a DUI they should be tarred and feathered. I just think people should take them more seriously, at least acknowledge that it's bad to drive drunk. It's not a fucking joke.[DOUBLEPOST=1342811148][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh, and while I was typing that I got an update on my SIL. All this is according to my dad, who got it from my mother, who heard it from my brother, so it's a bit like playing telephone. Basically the doctors don't know what started it all, but her symptoms are all related. She has some sort of chemical/electrical imbalance in her brain that's causing her to have seizures. This is coming completely out of the blue. She's 29 and has never had any kind of problem like this before. Apparently she's going to start some medication that will hopefully prevent any other seizures, but it won't fully take effect for another 2 weeks. So she can't drive or work during that time, and she has to be prepared for further problems until the medication can kick in.

Frank

Frank

Every DUI I've given has been near life ruining, since most of them were given to long haul truck drivers in the area I used to do general duty. DUI's in Alberta are an automatic license suspension with a 3 week temporary license to get your affairs in order followed by a mandatory 3 month suspension, regardless of conviction. If convicted it's another 12 months.

Don't get a DUI here.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Every DUI I've given has been near life ruining, since most of them were given to long haul truck drivers in the area I used to do general duty. DUI's in Alberta are an automatic license suspension with a 3 week temporary license to get your affairs in order followed by a mandatory 3 month suspension, regardless of conviction. If convicted it's another 12 months.

Don't get a DUI here.
Professional drivers DUI deserve to lose their income for a while. They're playing with lives. I work in mobile security, I've send people home before because they were taking too many pain killers. I notice one who's drunk even one beer and he's gone. Cars, in the hands of people not responsible about their usage, kill. Just like guns :troll:

LordRendar

LordRendar

Stepping on one of those lego blocks will hurt like hell.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Dammit, stienman! How can you make me feel guilty for laughing so hard?!

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Poor baby!

Hylian

Hylian

My work has me so pissed off that I just want to walk out the door and never come back. I am not going to do it but I am so very tempted to yell at my boss and just walk out. I just want to go home and sit in a quiet room with the lights off and not think about work. I just want this day to end very quickly. I work my ass off and what do I get for it? Lies,blame,and a bunch of other bullshit. I am so freaking tired of it.

LittleSin

LittleSin

Jet got bitten by another kid at the day care today.

It broke the skin and looks really nasty.

How did Jet take it? He cried...and then agreed to share the marker they were fighting over with boy. They were pitting dinosaurs against each other when I went to pick him up.

This is a rant because I think the bite may be infected.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Was the kid a zombie?

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

Ffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuck everything.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Ffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuck everything.
Look, we jsut had a thread over in Media saying fucking zombies is totally wrong. Now you read about zombie kids and your response is "fuck everything"? What are you, zombie Michael Jackson? :p

Gusto

Gusto

I'm hoping for werewolf.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Jet got bitten by another kid at the day care today.

It broke the skin and looks really nasty.

How did Jet take it? He cried...and then agreed to share the marker they were fighting over with boy. They were pitting dinosaurs against each other when I went to pick him up.

This is a rant because I think the bite may be infected.
You might want a doctor to look at it. All jokes aside, human bites are the worst.

LittleSin

LittleSin

My cat just knocked my new laptop off the couch and cracked the screen!

I'm going to drown the fucvki ng thing!

CAT!

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I'm going to drown the fucvki ng thing!
Your cat or the laptop? :p

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

yes

LittleSin

LittleSin

PatrThom

PatrThom

Human bites get infected almost 100% of the time. Dirty-mouthed humans.

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

Human bites get infected almost 100% of the time. Dirty-mouthed humans.

--Patrick
No. 10-15%. It is just perceived that they get infected more often than other bites because often they go unreported unless an infection manifests.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Wife vs parents. Awesome

LittleSin

LittleSin

Wife vs parents. Awesome
Yours or hers?

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

She doesn't have any, soooooo...

Bubble181

Bubble181

She doesn't have any, soooooo...
You married Transgender Batman? Damn, I knew you were cool, but....

(no disrespectm eant to people whosep arents have died and/or abandoned them)

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

I am utterly beside myself. Got a message from my husband that says he's getting on a flight in a few hours. His destination is in Europe. I don't know if he's staying there or being sent here via a 'round the world trip. I don't like the lack of info mixed with the oxymoron of military intelligence.

Cajungal

Cajungal

:( Sorry Wasabi. A lot of my female friends have had that same situation. How frustrating.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Luckily, I just heard from him again. Seems he's headed on a trip around the world before coming back here. Should be home before the weekend. And then there will be a whole other frelling mess to deal with.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Luckily, I just heard from him again. Seems he's headed on a trip around the world before coming back here. Should be home before the weekend. And then there will be a whole other frelling mess to deal with.
Whle it s pretty crappy that he has back problems, and it will of course be a mess to get things sorted out and such, try to look on the bright side: I can think of approximately 125,000 worse reasons for your husband to come home early from his deployment.

Also, I'll wave at passing aircraft for a while ;)

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Whle it s pretty crappy that he has back problems, and it will of course be a mess to get things sorted out and such, try to look on the bright side: I can think of approximately 125,000 worse reasons for your husband to come home early from his deployment.

Also, I'll wave at passing aircraft for a while ;)
LOL! Thanks Bubble. I know you're right about 125,000 worse things that would send him home. I am glad his is such a minor reason compared to some of the others. The mess I'm thinking of is related to lack of communication from his command. He didn't have an itinerary. He doesn't have orders for what he's doing when he gets here. Instead of telling him what's going on they have been in contact with his escort who has not passed info on to him, but just assumes he has also received it. It's a cluster fuck and some how it all comes back to make my husband look like he's an idiot.

Bubble181

Bubble181

It's a cluster fuck and some how it all comes back to make him look like he's an idiot.
Sounds like Nick's prom night :rimshot:

More seriously, it always amazes me when things such as the armed forces show horrible internal communication skills. You'd expect such entities to have mastered the basics of good communications by now. This may be arelatively minor matter, but one can only guess at the amount of people injured/killed and loss of resources/opportunities caused by people not being aware of their orders, things not being properly explained,.... *sigh*

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

It's the armed forces. No matter the country, if it isn't done bass ackwards, tied up with a mile of red tape and trimmed with a healthy dose of complete asshattery, you're doing it wrong and you will get yelled at for it.

PatrThom

PatrThom

No. 10-15%. It is just perceived that they get infected more often than other bites because often they go unreported unless an infection manifests.
Yes. There are times when I am sure reporting such bites would be ... awkward.

--Patrick

Bubble181

Bubble181

Yes. There are times when I am sure reporting such bites would be ... awkward.

--Patrick
:unibrow:

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

http://www2.wsav.com/news/2012/jul/25/georgia-granny-surrenders-after-baby-ingests-cocai-ar-4203322/

Saw this on my local news feed. Pertinent part that made me despair for humanity in general? "34 year-old grandmother."

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

/harsh

I guess that grand-baby comes from a long line of bastards.

LittleSin

LittleSin

I have ranted about this before, so bare with me.

I hate my weight.

I have been working my ass off to change this...I even had a personal trainer for a while a month or two ago. I did everything he told me to, four times a week for a month and droped my caolories to about 1500 a day. I didn't loose and inch and stubbornly stayed at 250 pounds.

He refunded me my money, though I didn't ask him to. I was confused by this...until a friend informed me that some gyms judge their trainers on how well the clients are doing. I was making his fucking metrics looks bad.

I saw my doctor. Again. She weighed me, gave me a full physical and blood workup. There's no problems with my thyroid, my cholesterol is low and my blood pressure is great. I'm not even retaining water. I told her off my problems and she semed baffled, as she heard me complain about this before. She said there's no physical reason I should be like this.

So...I got depressed and stopped going for a while....stopped doing anything, really. I ate whatever and did very little. I stayed at 250.

I'm back at is again now...an I stepped on the scale today to find I'm 253lbs.

I hate me.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I'm not an expert, but I do remember cutting my calories when I was 220... and I was told not to be too drastic. I started at 1800-1900, then I dropped down to 1700, and now I'm at about 1400-1550, depending on how active I am that day and If I'm that hungry. I'm so sorry you're frustrated, and I hope you find what works for you. If you haven't tried cutting down a little bit less at first, maybe that would work? Good luck to you, sin. We are pulling for you! Also, for what it's worth, I think you are a beautiful person. *hug*

Bubble181

Bubble181

Cutting back too sharply can cause your body to go into "starvation mode", and hog any and all calories it can get its hands on; going so far as to canibalize your own body (destroy muscle to form more fat).
That aside, don't feel bad - it's better to be 250 and stay at 250 than to bounce like a yoyo between 200 and 300 :)

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Ugh. Night from hell.

This is Mountainfest weekend. 70-80K bikers descending on the area. A dozen or so reservations were made in January, all marked "deposit pending". Meaning they had until the end of June to pay up or give a credit card. Wednesday morning, all of them were still deposit pending. Morning shift called and the woman on the other end said the guys were definitely coming. As of 11 pm, no sign of them. So I call the guy. He said after he talked to a woman from here about a month ago, and she was so rude, there was no frelling way he was ever coming back. So what was one room left to sell for the night suddenly was 14. The only 14 left in town. Cue a three hour stampede as I fill those rooms with desperate travelers. :p

Then... the morning shift girl calls. She's been pulled over by cops. Long story short, she won't be in. Fortunately, the lady who had this morning off agreed to fill in.

Now a big storm is rolling through overhead. Blah.

GasBandit

GasBandit

It's supposed to be 100 degrees for the next three days. The cloud of steam that just escaped my car's hood came from the air conditioner. Aaaiiighhh.

Hylian

Hylian

So today I was threatened with termination at my job. I am a contingent worker (for those who are not aware a contingent worker is basically a contract worker hired by one company to work at another) and today another coworker and I were called into a meeting with our leads (who are stationed in another state). They told us that our Sponsor (basically the manager of the department of not technically our manager since we are contingent workers) made a complaint that we were both not team players and that we had bad attitudes that is passing on to the rest of the team.

Now we were bother flabbergasted by the accusation because it was obviously untrue. We both may have an occasional bad attitude but that stems from having to much work and not enough time mixed with constantly being questioned and argued with on everything including stuff that is out of our control. Everyone of my coworkers were completely shocked when they heard the news and felt that it was complete bullshit. Now my boss (the one from another state) is coming down on Wednesday and so is our sponsors boss so they can try to figure out what is going on. The worst part is that I and my coworkers know that this is just a retaliatory strike against us for an incident that occurred a few months ago (where our sponsor got in trouble for making some stupid mistakes) and now he is just trying to blame us to get even (as well as save his own ass).

I know that our sponsor has done this kind of thing before and has even been known to go around touting that he has the ability to get any contingent worker fired just because he doesn't like them. He will go around saying that he likes them to everyone's face but than starts to make up lies and half truths in order to get the person fired. And if the workers tries to tell people that it is untrue and is all made up their bosses just tell them that is untrue because the sponsor constantly says he likes them. Now strangely enough I am not as concerned as I probably should be. On one hand his boss does have the power to get rid of me but I have done nothing wrong and I have numerous people who fill be more than happy to back me and my coworker up against the claims. My sponsor strikes me as a rattlesnake who has had the venom removed.

He looks menacing but has no real danger. As long as I avoid being caught in his grip and keep my distance so he can't get a lucky blow in with his fangs I will be just fine. And even if they do manage to wrongfully terminate my contract I am still not overly concerned. As long as I can convince my actual bosses that I am a good worker and that the claims are false they should be able to get me hired on elsewhere. And on top of that my brother has offered if the worse scenario should occur I could move in with him rent free while I get back on my feet. Now granted he is in another state so it would still be an inconvenience I am fairly certain it will not come to that. But all I do know for certain is that Wednesday will be very interesting in any case.

evilmike

evilmike

Got another funeral to go to. My aunt this time. Not unexpected, but that still doesn't make it any easier.

evilmike

evilmike

Thanks for all of the good thoughts. I'm back home now. The service was nice. My uncle and his family seem to be holding up pretty well.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

One of the men I looked up to when I was a small child, who had a son my age, died last Monday at 71 years old. Remarkably he had MS and while he was in a wheelchair using a sip and puff for the last decade, he still had full faculty of mind up until death.

Older article about him and how his disease has affected him:
http://www.michigandaily.com/node/54510
The like is for how he lived his life.

Tress

Tress

The funeral procession was interrupted/broken at three different times by other motorists who, apparently, don't think the law that funeral processions have the right of way applies to them. It made me angry and sad that people have such disrespect.
I have encountered these people many times. One was so obnoxious we almost got into a fight over it. I can't stand these fucking people.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

fucken glaucoma

David

David

While he was home alone, Dad forgot he was cooking something and accidently started a grease fire. In a panic, he attempted to put it out with water. Suffice to say, half the kitchen is destroyed, and Mom's driving him to the hospital for the smoke he inhaled.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Oh geez, David. Hopefully your dad's okay. And on a lesser note, I hope the kitchen fixing doesn't cost too much.

David

David

The oven and microwave are ruined as well as many melted plastic containers, but luckily there's no structural damage, there seems to be no internal wall fires and everything else is just a coating of soot making it look worse than it is. Dad should be fine, he's already out of the doctor's. The main problem right now is that we're left with no way to cook food in the meantime.

Gusto

Gusto

My Oma died yesterday. I am now out of great grandparents.

:(

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

I'm sorry for your loss, but happy that you were able to know your great-grandparents.

Gusto

Gusto

I never thought of it that way. :)

Cajungal

Cajungal

Sorry for your loss, Kev. I got to know mine too. My great Granny spoke little English, and when she did, it was with a thick Cajun-French accent. It was cool getting to hear. I hope that her end was peaceful and that y'all have lots of happy memories.

Cajungal

Cajungal

And David, good Lord, I'm glad your dad seems to be ok! How scary.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

My cousin had her baby. A little girl. The baby is currently going through drug withdrawal. DYFS (Department of Youth and Family Services) is now involved because of the baby being born addicted - probably to heroin. Her boyfriend's family had the nerve to ask my cousin's mom and step-father if they would take the baby because they have already raised their own son (mind you my cousin's mom and step-father are already raising my cousin's 7 year old). I so want to throttle this childish piece of shit, her boyfriend, and his family. I feel awful for the baby, her parents, and her son. I really do. And part of me wishes I could fly home just to do something, anything to give a hand to her parents.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I need this year long run of bad fucking luck to end.

My Puppy got bit by a snake this morning. Now he's sitting is skinny ass at the vet's waiting for him to get there.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

He'll be fine. Just a bunch of anti-venom and anti-biotics. And $86.00 (much cheaper than I thought) that I don't have.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Glad your pup is ok!

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I need this year long run of bad fucking luck to end.

My Puppy got bit by a snake this morning. Now he's sitting is skinny ass at the vet's waiting for him to get there.
You need to get out of snake country.

Wherever that happens to be.

Glad the puppy's okay.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I never thought of it that way. :)
I lost both sets of my grandparents before I hit double digits in age. Sounds like yours had a good, long life. Celebrate it. :)

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Maybe this is just a Finnish thing, but what the heck...

The national broadcasting company YLE gave €120,ooo for a company to make a TV film about C.G.E. Mannerheim, essentially what Montgomery is to the Brits and Eisenhower is to the Americans. This week it was announced that the movie will be about the love life of Mannerheim - with an all-Kenyan cast. And only €20,000 went into the film proper. The rest of the money went into making a six-piece documentary series about making the movie, starring the producer who claims he seeks no personal fame but rather would let the film speak for itself.

Now this leaves me wondering, what the hell are they smoking and where can I get some?

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Yeah, that's pretty bad. But at least they didn't do a movie about Mannerheim fighting vampires, or being a werewolf.
Well, no... but there's this movie that just came out on DVD called Stone's War or War of the Dead, which if I understand correctly is about Finnish soldiers during WWII fighting either Nazi or Soviet zombies.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Well, no... but there's this movie that just came out on DVD called Stone's War or War of the Dead, which if I understand correctly is about Finnish soldiers during WWII fighting either Nazi or Soviet zombies.
To be fair, this sounds awesome.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

And then after they pull through a tragedy that almost broke up the squad, one of them will cock their shotgun dramatically and announce that they're going to finnish what they started.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Hokay... This weekend has seriously sucked.

My Pathfinder group is in shambles. The young lady who was supposed to play the fighter apparently got into a fight with the others, and is giving us all the silent treatment. And when I asked the rest of the group with text messages when we could get together and plan out their characters.... I've got complete silence for four days. How fucking hard is it to write a bloody text message?

Yesterday held a ray of sunshine in the shape of an American friend who came online to continue our chats and games. She suggested we continue today... aaaaaaand she did a no-show, not even a peep telling something might've come up. She bloody well has my number, too.

On top of that, the chemo's been treating my tongue like its bitch, and my sense of taste is completely bonkers. I can basically taste either nothing or everything tastes like it's been covered with sour sugar. Even water tastes hairy, for lack of a better expression.

So yeah, my friends suck and I can't even enjoy a good meal. F*** my life.

PatrThom

PatrThom

But alcohol still works, right?

--Patrick

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

But alcohol still works, right?

--Patrick
Dude, I'm undergoing cancer treatment. Do you really think I'm allowed alcohol?

Besides, I don't really like beer.

Silent Bob

Silent Bob

Dude, I'm undergoing cancer treatment. Do you really think I'm allowed alcohol?

Besides, I don't really like beer.

Most chemo drugs aren't affected by alcohol. Check with your doctor of course, but I doubt a nip of whiskey or a glass of wine would be detrimental to your treatment. To be honest, with chemo, the best thing is probably getting yourself an ounce of marijuana. It'll bring your appetite back and help you deal with the pain.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

If memory serves, I was pretty much told not to drink alcohol - which isn't a problem since I don't like to drink in the first place.

Also, it's not my appetite that's the problem; it's the fact that the medication sometimes messes up my sense of taste something fierce. It's starting to come back now, but for a few days I either couldn't taste a thing or everything tasted completely off (hairy water, sour sugar, that sort of thing). The pain is yet to be an issue, besides a few days when the booster kicks in. Those few days I spend taking pain killers and resting.

Silent Bob

Silent Bob

I would give marijuana a try and see if it alters your taste toward normal. I see it is legal for medicinal use. Ask your doc. What have you got to lose?

Even if you can't score it legally in Finaland, Amsterdam is only a day trip away!

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I would give marijuana a try and see if it alters your taste toward normal. I see it is legal for medicinal use. Ask your doc. What have you got to lose?

Even if you can't score it legally in Finaland, Amsterdam is only a day trip away!
Right North_Ranger, and you can practice your English with all the stoned Americans.

PatrThom

PatrThom

the medication sometimes messes up my sense of taste something fierce. It's starting to come back now, but for a few days I either couldn't taste a thing or everything tasted completely off (hairy water, sour sugar, that sort of thing).
I have to wonder what effect a miracle berry would have on your condition. You know, FOR SCIENCE!
Fortunately, the extracts are available in chewable pill form.

--Patrick

Bubble181

Bubble181

However, you'll have to hurry, as even in the Netherlands, it's getting harder and harder to come by legally. All of the south of the Netherlands can't sell it anymore to non-residents, and the north's either about to follow or has already followed suit.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Quite a few people haven't been able to find this thread lately, and it angers me. Grr.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Thanks for finding this for me Cheesy.

Here is what I posted late yesterday in another thread:
This morning I woke up walking on air after a fantastic dream, but then...

Just after noon I got a call from home; my sister found one of our cats drowned in the pool this morning. We don't even know how it happened. He's fallen in before and managed to get out on his own. My sister was alone in the house when this happened. My parents haven't even gotten home from the trip they were on. This is the third cat we've lost this month. Jake just disappeared, Barnum died from old age and now J.J. is gone as well. Jett Jackson was such a sweetheart. He'd always follow my sister whenever she went outside, like he was protecting her from the world, and he'd get made if she went into the woods alone. Inside, though, he became a big baby who wanted to be cuddled.

I miss him so much. I miss all of them. It feels like little bits of home are being taken away from me while I'm away.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

Not to offend any religious people here but I am sick of Christians telling me what to think and do. I am tired of them telling me that "hating" and "strongly disliking" are different things. THEY'RE NOT! THEY ARE THE SAME THING! I am also tired of "offending" people with a mere joke. IT'S 2012 JERKS! If you haven't inherited the ability to take a joke by now than you are freaking miserable. It bugs me even more since I'm not Christian and they expect me to have their same values and will ridicule me if I don't. Land of the free indeed.

Once again, I don't hate all Christians. Just the jerky ones I know.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

That can pretty much apply to anyone pushy, religious or not. I've met some pretty pushy atheists, too. :p

Cajungal

Cajungal

Amen to that. I know a pretty pushy catholic family. They treat their one lapsed daughter reeeaally differently from their other kid. That kind of behavior sucks, no matter what your beliefs are.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

The most obvious pushy ones are the religious ones only because they're the most vocal with their hellfire and brimstone.

Speaking of which, I think I've talked about my aunt before. She's incredibly religious, though a large part of that is because her son/my cousin was born with hydrocephalus (water in the brain). So her religion is the cornerstone of her inner strength to keep going. She had a nervous breakdown a number of years ago where she interrupted the priest during a sermon to preach. She's a good person overall, but there are times that her beliefs have really clashed with mine to the point that I'm ashamed to have her as part of my family.

Anyway, a few quick stories regarding her:
-She has picketed outside of abortion clinics on a number of occasions.
-When I moved in with my now ex-girlfriend years ago, she called me to congratulate me on moving out of my parents place...and to ask when we would be living together more "properly" (in the eyes of God, in other words). I almost wanted to tell her, "You know what? We also had dirty, premarital sex."
-Another cousin was marrying her partner out in Vancouver. My aunt wrote her a long, scathing letter about how wrong it was that she was homosexual, getting married is a sin, yadda yadda. Apparently, my cousin's uncle called my aunt and tore her a new one.

David

David

I'm an agnostic and how dare you take a solid stance in either pro or opposed that a deity of one form or another may or may not exist!

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I'm an agnostic and how dare you take a solid stance in either pro or opposed that a deity of one form or another may or may not exist!

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

ThatNickGuy

Tell me about it, a friend of mine used to be one of those. He actually thought Beowulf was Christian propaganda. Friggin' lit majors.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Tell me about it, a friend of mine used to be one of those. He actually thought Beowulf was Christian propaganda. Friggin' lit majors.
Actually...it was. At least the original translations, which were done by monks.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

Actually...it was. At least the original translations, which were done by monks.
Well I wouldn't call it Christian propaganda more or less Christian themed. And even so it's still a great story.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

I am tired of them telling me that "hating" and "strongly disliking" are different things. THEY'RE NOT! THEY ARE THE SAME THING
I will disagree with you on this point. Hating and strongly disliking are very different.

Hatred is a burning passion, very intense and takes lots of energy. I honestly cannot say that I have, or currently do, hate anything. I cannot physically keep up the energy to hate.

Strongly disliking, you betcha. I'm there. Beans, peas, mustard, mayonnaise, flyers left on my car... but I don't hate them.

That is the difference that I see between those two terms. It might seem minor to you, but a very big difference to me.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Same here-ish.
To me, hatred implies an active dislike, whereas "strong dislike" is still passive.
As a bit of an example, if I strongly dislike something, I will pick it last. If I hate something, I might pick it first and then destroy it, just to make sure nobody gets it.

--Patrick

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, true. But still it bugs me when people tell me I can't hate certain things. Like a certain politician who almost got my father fired from his work. I will never forgive him.Don't get me wrong, I don't let it control my life but my hatred for Christi will be there for a long time.

Bubble181

Bubble181

You can see about my reason to rant in the NSFL Picture thread.
My GF and I left for a road trip around Europe, and on the first day, a tire blew out and we landed upside down in a field nearby. Luckily and sorta miraculously neither of us are injured, but still. She doesn't have a job but could work full time babysitting sick kids while looking for a new good job when we got back...But you need a car for that. She was coming closer to paying off her loan for the car so she could finally start saving...Well, there that goes. No car, no job, no money - and some debts to pay for a wreck. Because a frickin' tire blew. A bit slower or on another road and I could've just replaced a tire.

ScytheRexx

ScytheRexx

Damn it!

So after posting screenshot manipulation art on a certain community for years, and even helping the community grow by bringing in viewers looking for my work, the admins decided that we (screenshot manipulators) were not worth maintaining. They, out of the blue, gave us a one week notice to collect our stuff and get out before the board is deleted.

It's caused a huge back and forth shitstorm between the people who frequented the board and those that felt our stuff was never worth maintaining. The admins still won't even give a consistent reason for the closure. Our board was more popular and gathered more replies and views then even the general art board, so the whole thing stinks of jealousy (all the admins are artists who never come to our board). It's stupid, and while I have to respect what they are doing since they own the place, I sure am not going to be happy about it.

Anyways I just had to get that off my chest.

evilmike

evilmike

Damn it!

So after posting screenshot manipulation art on a certain community for years, and even helping the community grow by bringing in viewers looking for my work, the admins decided that we (screenshot manipulators) were not worth maintaining. They, out of the blue, gave us a one week notice to collect our stuff and get out before the board is deleted.

It's caused a huge back and forth shitstorm between the people who frequented the board and those that felt our stuff was never worth maintaining. The admins still won't even give a consistent reason for the closure. Our board was more popular and gathered more replies and views then even the general art board, so the whole thing stinks of jealousy (all the admins are artists who never come to our board). It's stupid, and while I have to respect what they are doing since they own the place, I sure am not going to be happy about it.

Anyways I just had to get that off my chest.

Is this sort of thing that is easy to start up elsewhere, such as a place known to be a home for cast off communities? I don't know of any such place per se, but I thought Dave might have some ideas.

Dave

Dave

Bring 'em! They are welcome here. They'd get their very own sub & everything! Hell, I might even give them a page of their own.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Dave, I'm pretty sure that when he says "certain community", it means that the forum would need to be... adult oriented, as it were. And I think you did away with the adult sub-forum.

ScytheRexx

ScytheRexx

Dave, I'm pretty sure that when he says "certain community", it means that the forum would need to be... adult oriented, as it were. And I think you did away with the adult sub-forum.
Yes I was being rather careful about it but now I realize I shouldn't have been, it's adult oriented art on a forum that is all about adult art and stories.

You don't want these people here, Dave, trust me. This is not the type of forum that would fit these type of artists. :dumb:

drifter

drifter

Oh yeahh. It'd be pretty funny to see that pushed up against Frank's misanthropy thread.

Dave

Dave

Yes I was being rather careful about it but now I realize I shouldn't have been, it's adult oriented art on a forum that is all about adult art and stories.

You don't want these people here, Dave, trust me. This is not the type of forum that would fit these type of artists. :dumb:
Dig it.

But the NSFW is still there, you just have to Join the User Group to see it. Apparently that's where that misanthropy thread is. I had no idea what he was talking about.

Still, if they agreed to keep it in the NSFW area that could be a home for them. Hell, that's what it's for!!

ScytheRexx

ScytheRexx

Still, if they agreed to keep it in the NSFW area that could be a home for them. Hell, that's what it's for!!
Really, while the offer is nice I am a person of two worlds, and I would prefer to keep that world seperate from this one. It's a personal thing for me.

We will be fine, other websites have already offered to host our community and I started my own personal blog for my own works. It's not going to be bad, it's just dealing with the sting of having the place you go for so long just suddenly having three people decide you and your fellows shouldn't be around.

Dave

Dave

Really, while the offer is nice I am a person of two worlds, and I would prefer to keep that world seperate from this one. It's a personal thing for me.

We will be fine, other websites have already offered to host our community and I started my own personal blog for my own works. It's not going to be bad, it's just dealing with the sting of having the place you go for so long just suddenly having three people decide you and your fellows shouldn't be around.
I understand both your want to keep these separate...and I really, really, really understand your being upset about someone just dumping a community with no warning or reasons. For some reason I know what that feels like. ;)

Bones

Bones

Dave, are you trying to tell us you don't want us around anymore?

Dave

Dave

Dave, are you trying to tell us you don't want us around anymore?
Not sure how you got that. No. I am saying I know how it feels to be on the side of a community cast aside for no good reason.

Bones

Bones

i was being sarcastic sir :3

GasBandit

GasBandit

SHUT. DOWN. EVERYTHING.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

One thing I hate about people in college is how they will brag about doing something really smart....and they'll just say it was just for homework that everybody else did the same way. You are not a genius, you are just good at finishing menial homework tasks. A good skill to have, but nothing that'll get you a Nobel prize.

Zappit

Zappit

Grandfather was just diagnosed with metastatic cancer. Not in a good place right now.

drifter

drifter

Aw, shit. Been there.

Silent Bob

Silent Bob

I hate it when dudes freak out and then come back to a forum. Sorry for the trouble, folks. I've been lurking, and this place is addictive.

Cajungal

Cajungal

:) Happy you're back.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

I can generally relate Silent Bob.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I hate it when dudes freak out and then come back to a forum. Sorry for the trouble, folks. I've been lurking, and this place is addictive.
One of us! One of us! One of us!!

Meanwhile...

Tomorrow is the first official day of school. I've been working on the schools for the past week or so, helping to set up the classrooms, sharpening pencils, yadda yadda. Tomorrow? It begins.

The first half of my internship is a Kindergarten/Grade 1 split class (no idea how that works). The second half is with a Grade 2 class at another school.

Aaaaand...I'm freaking terrified. I'd mentioned before that I've been in and out of school, trying to finish my undergraduate degree, for about 13 years. So now, I'm coming to the end of academia and I'm just absolutely terrified.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

One thing to remember - no Diamond Cutters on the little kids. ;) If you can remember that I'm sure you'll do fine.

Zappit

Zappit

Good. You're back. Your polo (or was it croquet?) photo was on my list of targets for my Portraits in Fantasy until you up and left. Perhaps there might be another opportunity.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

One thing to remember - no Diamond Cutters on the little kids. ;) If you can remember that I'm sure you'll do fine.
What?! Aw man! :(

Well there goes Plan A in classroom management.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Glad to see you're back, Bob ol' boy.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

One of us! One of us! One of us!!

Meanwhile...

Tomorrow is the first official day of school. I've been working on the schools for the past week or so, helping to set up the classrooms, sharpening pencils, yadda yadda. Tomorrow? It begins.

The first half of my internship is a Kindergarten/Grade 1 split class (no idea how that works). The second half is with a Grade 2 class at another school.

Aaaaand...I'm freaking terrified. I'd mentioned before that I've been in and out of school, trying to finish my undergraduate degree, for about 13 years. So now, I'm coming to the end of academia and I'm just absolutely terrified.
The first time a student called me Mr. (Last name), I turned around and looked for my Father.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I'll be putting down my old German Shepherd on Friday. This is going to suck.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

I'm so sorry, sixpackshaker. That really sucks.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

ARGH! CHILDRENZ!

David

David

My Dad calls me when I get out of class tonight to tell me he and my brother won't be home. He wouldn't tell me why and he's not answering his phone, he just mentioned "Everybody's as fine as they can be right now," VERY odd way to phrase it. And ended his call with "I love you." Which is what REALLY got me worrying. I got home to find bloody gauze in the trash can and a small blood spatter on my brother's room floor. And I have no way of finding out what happened until he picks up his phone :(

Tress

Tress

What?! Aw man! :(

Well there goes Plan A in classroom management.
I teach high school. Whenever someone asks how I do it, I always say it's just like prison: shank the first one you see so the others know you mean business, then rule with an iron fist.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

My Dad calls me when I get out of class tonight to tell me he and my brother won't be home. He wouldn't tell me why and he's not answering his phone, he just mentioned "Everybody's as fine as they can be right now," VERY odd way to phrase it. And ended his call with "I love you." Which is what REALLY got me worrying. I got home to find bloody gauze in the trash can and a small blood spatter on my brother's room floor. And I have no way of finding out what happened until he picks up his phone :(
Jesus fucking Christ. That's like my nightmare, right there. Hope everything turns out alright man.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I just picked up a rib-eye for the old dog. He'll be going out in style...[DOUBLEPOST=1346952072][/DOUBLEPOST]I've been confusing the hell out of my coworkers. I still have the habit of calling the dog "puppy," even though is over 12 years old. And about 5 of us here have actual puppies from the same litter. So I'll slip and let someone know that I am about to put the 'puppy' down, they think of the one to the left, and not the one above.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Is that a macro image of your phone? It is, isn't it.
[DOUBLEPOST=1346971589][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'll be putting down my old German Shepherd on Friday. This is going to suck.

I've got a cat that probably won't survive until Spring, myself.
Of course, that's what I said last year...

--Patrick

Gared

Gared

Gahh!!!! Stupid memory for faces and names is failing me, and it could be extremely important to a lot of people... including the SPD.

Frank

Frank

So, my career in major crimes is probably over before it really even started. Following my current health issues I'm probably going to be transferred somewhere less stressful (read:important).

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

I set my phone to 8 this morning to give me a head start. The phone was on silent....and I woke up at ten. Check your alarms good people.

Cajungal

Cajungal

So, my career in major crimes is probably over before it really even started. Following my current health issues I'm probably going to be transferred somewhere less stressful (read:important).
I'm so sorry, Frank. :(

Gusto

Gusto

A family friend of ours just told us he has stage 4 pancreatic cancer. Looks like he's not expected to make it to Christmas.

My parents are taking it really hard, which is making me take it hard.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

I'm sorry, Gusto.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I'm sorry, Gusto. We just lost someone to that. It was really rough.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Us too, last year. Sorry, Gusto.

Piotyr

Piotyr

My son was really sad coming home from school today. I asked him what was wrong, and he said that a classmate of his passed away from a brain tumor. They're having a memorial service for her tomorrow. He picked out a shirt and tie to wear tomorrow, and colored a vase with flowers to bring tomorrow, because he thought that she'd like it.

My son is five, and now that's two school friends in two years he's lost.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

That's harsh.

PatrThom

PatrThom

A family friend of ours just told us he has stage 4 pancreatic cancer.
Seems like it's been going around lately.

--Patrick

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Fuck I just found a huge outbreak of mold along one wall in my bedroom.

Maybe not finding a job by next week and being forced to move back in with the parents might be a good thing after all

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

My neighbor's dog (a Chocolate Lab) barks constantly when they leave home. Despite both houses being closed up, I can hear her barking and barking. I complained to my neighbor once and was told she didn't care if it bothered anyone. I am tired of having to hear her bark all morning and into the evening. I want to feed her bacon-wrapped bonbons! SHUT UP STUPID ASS DOG!![DOUBLEPOST=1347509330][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, their daughter doesn't clean up the dog crap when the lab takes a dump in our shared front yard. I don't have a dog. I don't think I should have to clean up the "yard bombs" when I want my kids to play out front.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

I feel ya. My damn neighbors have 3 dogs that they almost never play with or show any attention, so all they do all day is bark at anything. They aren't vicious dogs either I remember walking towards one and it just ran away scared. For fucks sake get a damn do sitter!

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

I hadn't even thought about the barking being a result of the family not giving the dog attention. The dogs (there's also a Golden Retriever) are stuck in the house all day until the wife comes home after picking up her son from school. Then the son has gymnastics and flag football most evenings, too. Our private yards in the back are small so even when they are let out to "do their business" a few times a day it's not like they can run around. And I know those breeds well enough to know they need activity. Now I'm not so annoyed with the dog, but more ticked at the neighbors. :/

Far

Far

At our old place there were two german shepards across the street that were left out all day, every day, despite the rather wet weather that we're known for here. They would bark constantly at passerbyes. There was also a shitzu that ran around in their yard occasionaly that would yip like a son of a bitch along with them.

A few months before moving, a couple moved into the tiny house nextdoor, more of a converted garage really, with two, massive great danes, that they left out in the yard all day. When one yard started barking, the other returned in chorus. It would get so bad somedays I was happy to be leaving for work just to get away from it. What bothered me most about it all is how difficult it is to find a place in this city that allows dogs. I tried, I have a Jack Russell I had to leave with my Father when I moved out here because we couldn't find anything. And here these people are pissing away the joy that these animals could bring to them and their family because of the bit of extra time caring properly for one entails.

LittleSin

LittleSin

Jet discovered he could reach his light switch last night.

He was up to 11:30.

Even after he did go to sleep he kept waking up crying.

I consoled myself with that fact this probably meant he wasgongi to sleep in this morning.

Nope, he was up at 6:30.

The world will burn.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

I hadn't even thought about the barking being a result of the family not giving the dog attention. The dogs (there's also a Golden Retriever) are stuck in the house all day until the wife comes home after picking up her son from school. Then the son has gymnastics and flag football most evenings, too. Our private yards in the back are small so even when they are let out to "do their business" a few times a day it's not like they can run around. And I know those breeds well enough to know they need activity. Now I'm not so annoyed with the dog, but more ticked at the neighbors. :/
Yup, from my experience there are two reasons why dogs bark. The first is one is to warn people of their presence. The second is to get you to notice them, and or they are bored and barking at things is a noble pass-time. This is just my experience with canines mind you.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

When I lived with my bro, I had a German Shepherd and he had a mini-dachshund. After a while it became apparent that they would take turns barking. And it turned out that my dog barked at everything, and the other dog barked at NOTHING.

PatrThom

PatrThom

My neighbor's dog (a Chocolate Lab) barks constantly when they leave home.
Our neighbor's dog does the same thing (Dober/Rot), except that he'll bark all day long even when they are home. But they're moving out within a month or so, so the end is in sight.

EDIT: There was a time I was considering purchasing one of these fine products* to take care of the problem, but if they're leaving anyway, I will save my money.

--Patrick
*These people have all manner of interesting devices, and they've been around for decades (long enough for me to still have one of their catalogs from before they had a website). Definitely worth a look.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

My sister's dog barks at animals on the TV. Any commercial with a dog or a cat in it, she won't shut up until it's over. We watch a nature documentary on lions or bears, she won't shut up. She's a fat little half lab half daschund, she couldn't stand a chance, but it doesn't matter, she'll bark at just about any animal. Also if there's a black person on TV, she'll bark at them. She's a racist.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

/squirtbottle

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

/squirtbottle
Does that work on dogs? I know it's suggested as a behavior modification tool for cats, though my cat actually liked being squirted with water.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Does that work on dogs? I know it's suggested as a behavior modification tool for cats, though my cat actually liked being squirted with water.
It worked on my german shepherd puppy for about 3 squirts. Then he figured out when the squirt bottle comes out, open mouth. Free drink.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

It's not an end all solution, but some sort of intervening behavior is needed in those situations. It does get my dog's attention, it may not totally modify the behavior. But it has helped with annoying barking/whining when all of his needs have been met besides 24 hour attention.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

It worked on my german shepherd puppy for about 3 squirts. Then he figured out when the squirt bottle comes out, open mouth. Free drink.
My lord....THEY ARE EVOLVING! Soon they will figure out the TV doesn't have actual people in it!

I'm kind-of on the fence about getting a puppy/dog because my neighbor's behavior may rub off on him/it. And my mother hates the sound of 3 dogs barking enough as is. Question, do dogs copy behavior off of other dogs?

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

The company I work for was recently bought out, so we have new owners and bosses now. The individual store I work at has always struggled with sales, due to poor location and signage. Ten minutes away another store (out same company) was opened, in a much better location and much busier area. Despite this, my store has always outsold the other, thanks to marketing campaigns (local advertisements, fliers, calling campaigns) and the like. We have fewer customers, but we work hard in sales quality.

Ever since the new owners took over, they've taken our marketing resources away. Sales have dropped to near zero, and the owners refuse to allow us anything to improve, because they're nit going to spend money on a store that doesn't have sales. Now they're threatening to even cut my hours.

They've tied my hands and complain when I can't do anything. I was consistently top in sales, with highest profit, before this all happened.

RRRAARRGLL

GasBandit

GasBandit

My lord....THEY ARE EVOLVING! Soon they will figure out the TV doesn't have actual people in it!

I'm kind-of on the fence about getting a puppy/dog because my neighbor's behavior may rub off on him/it. And my mother hates the sound of 3 dogs barking enough as is. Question, do dogs copy behavior off of other dogs?
Sometimes, especially if they're raised together. I never had problems with my dogs "copying" neighbor dogs but the one time I HAD neighbor dogs I was also very strict master. The dogs I had then got formal obedience training while they were still puppies, and also I think it depends a lot upon the personality of the dog in question. The truth is one dog is/can be as different from another as two people are.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

That helps a lot, thank you.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Just throwing this out there...please, if you get a dog/puppy get a breed that fits your lifestyle. I find that that is where a lot of behavior problems arise from. People get dogs that they think are cute/pretty, but they just don't fit into the owner's routine. Like getting a Husky and living in a 1 bedroom apartment in the city. It can work, of course, but...it's just not the best idea.

I'm also seconding GasBandit and to get the puppy into obediance training. If you aren't well versed in training a dog on your own, taking Puppy to someone who is, it's definately a must.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

LittleKagsin
I have a big yard, so its kind-of cluttered so a hyper dog would be a problem. My house at the moment is generally cluttered and gets cluttered a lot more. I would probably want a slow breed of dog and maybe a small one as well, though I have heard that a lot of them can have really bad health problems. This lady I know adopted a poodle that had mad health problems. One of those ones bred just for keeping rich people's laps warm. She's a lot healthier than most dogs of the breed thanks to the owner but still.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

LittleKagsin
I have a big yard, so its kind-of cluttered so a hyper dog would be a problem. My house at the moment is generally cluttered and gets cluttered a lot more. I would probably want a slow breed of dog and maybe a small one as well, though I have heard that a lot of them can have really bad health problems. This lady I know adopted a poodle that had mad health problems. One of those ones bred just for keeping rich people's laps warm. She's a lot healthier than most dogs of the breed thanks to the owner but still.
The health problems come from puppy mills that run the gene pools too shallow to make more profit from those popular breeds everyone wants.

My dog came from a rescue shelter, and she's the best dog in the world.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

That's where I hope to get my dog if I get one, one of them rescue shelters. Pet stores creep me out to no end and we all know why.

GasBandit

GasBandit

That's where I hope to get my dog if I get one, one of them rescue shelters. Pet stores creep me out to no end and we all know why.
Also be aware that if you get certain breeds, they will need "a job." German Shepherds, for example, need someone to herd. Our GS was a nervous, whiny pain in the ass until we got him a little sister (golden retriever) and it immediately settled his personality to have something to watch over, herd, and interact with when we were not at home for long periods of time. It really made him a happier and more well behaved dog.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

I also say yay to the rescue shelter idea! You're more likely to get a 'mutt', but as long as you know what it's mixed with, it's temperment shouldn't be too hard to figure out. My dog is a rescue and I love him so very much. He did come with behavorial problems (we suspect and are pretty certain he was abused before going to the shelter), but it wasn't anything that couldn't be worked out. His main issue is shyness with strangers.

There are some great small dogs. Not all of them come with health problems or are just for laps. If you want suggestions I'd be happy to make some, but it's up to you and what you want. :)

Gared

Gared

Just make sure you don't get one herding dog another herding dog to watch after. My parents have an Australian Shepherd and a Border Collie mix; and watching the two of them attempt to herd each other is cute and funny, but when they're just by themselves during the day, they both have a tendency to go a little bit mad.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

There are some great small dogs. Not all of them come with health problems or are just for laps. If you want suggestions I'd be happy to make some, but it's up to you and what you want. :)
If I get a small dog I'd want one that isn't too hyper-active but still playful. Also one that doesn't bark a lot is a must as I've said my parents hate barking. Course if I move out in the near future if/when I get a job that wouldn't be a problem.

LittleSin

LittleSin

Also be aware that if you get certain breeds, they will need "a job." German Shepherds, for example, need someone to herd. Our GS was a nervous, whiny pain in the ass until we got him a little sister (golden retriever) and it immediately settled his personality to have something to watch over, herd, and interact with when we were not at home for long periods of time. It really made him a happier and more well behaved dog.
In your opinion, GB, are german shepherds good for kids? My husband wants one when we move to a bigger place but they just scream 'guard dog' to me...however, I can't help but to think a German Shepherd might be a good fit for Jet.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

In your opinion, GB, are german shepherds good for kids? My husband wants one when we move to a bigger place but they just scream 'guard dog' to me...however, I can't help but to think a German Shepherd might be a good fit for Jet.
My cousin has a GS, and just had a baby six months ago. The dog rarely leaves the kids side, watching over the little tyke and being incredibly cute and gentle.

Can't speak for all dogs of the breed, but I can say at least one is great with kids.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Actually, "guard" dogs of just about every breed make excellent babysitters. It helps if you get them as puppies, but even older ones get a bad rap.

Dogs don't guard "things." They guard what they think is their pack - their family. The image of the vicious guard dog comes from dogs that basically were brought up by psychopaths - teaching them that every unfamiliar being is a lethal threat.

Pit bulls make the most attentive, gentle, and formidable babysitters.

But really, german shepherds are shepherds more than guards. The kids are part of their pack, or their flock, and sometimes it gets a little funny to see a smaller child get "turned" by the dog who thinks they're straying too far. The only caveat is that sometimes they get careless when they're happy, and being big dogs, their wagging tails can knock toddlers over.

Also, they don't know about taking turns on stairs. At least the ones I've owned didn't.

LittleSin

LittleSin

Thanks for this info. I tihnk i've said before that Jet is not very...cautious. He does dumb, frightening things and I believe a dog may draw his attention a little more.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

A big dog like a GSD that is socialized is safer around a child than a small dog. Big dogs are harder to hurt than a small one. Step on a GSD's tail and he will look over its shoulder at you until you move, step on a Chihuahua's tail, and you will be putting neosporin on the wound.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

A friend of mine has a mastiff/bulldog mix that is the sweetest dog in the world. It's GINORMOUS, but incredibly gentle and laid back. The only problem us that it sometimes likes to sit next to you and snuggle... It's nearly bigger than I am.

evilmike

evilmike

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Miscarriages suck. That is all.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Miscarriages suck. That is all.
I read it earlier today, man, but it sounded like y'all needed some space do I didn't write anything. You guys have been on my mind all day. So sorry you had to go through that. Hang on to each other and your little cutie.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Does that work on dogs? I know it's suggested as a behavior modification tool for children, though my cat actually liked being squirted with water.
Fixed.

PatrThom

PatrThom

A friend of mine has a mastiff/bulldog mix that is the sweetest dog in the world. It's GINORMOUS, but incredibly gentle and laid back. The only problem us that it sometimes likes to sit next to you and snuggle... It's nearly bigger than I am.
LittleSin , have you considered a Blackie (Black Russian Terrier)?
(also, anyone else care to comment on the breed?)

--Patrick

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Just got a call from my sister. My uncle just passed away. He had just been hospitalized for a heart attack and pneumonia, and has been in bad health for decades really, ever since a paratrooper training exercise went horribly wrong and nearly crippled him back in the '70s. I hadn't spoken to him for a long time, and my dad's side of the family was never really that close to begin with.

Sigh.

Gared

Gared

My company (X Consulting Firm, not Microsoft) has gone batshit fucking insane. Like seriously, full on, pants-on-head retarded. I suppose that, all in all, this started last October when the current president and VPs bought out two of the five founding partners of the company and rebranded it from Y Solutions (so named because it was a quorum of five like-minded individuals) to X Consulting (a name they paid $100k to a rebranding company to come up with). Now that those two are out, one of the original five partners is the president of the company and they brought in a new CEO. Technically, they called the process of appointing the new CEO a merger, but in actuality, the company was bought out by the new guy, who ran his own business intelligence company... for almost a whole month.

This has led to confusion in the company direction. What used to be one of the most successful small contingent staffing firms in the region, that concentrated its time and effort in finding the best possible people to provide the best possible services to a small but impressive list of clients (originally just Microsoft, and then later T-Mobile's corporate HQ in Bellevue, WA, and then spreading as they could find new clients) has now branched out into business intelligence analysis (Facebook, Live Nation, Coinstar, a few other big names I can't remember off the top of my head), and more recently into internal software development. There's a guy who used to work a contract here at Microsoft, doing general customer service design work (how to offer customer service), whose contract ended and X didn't want to lose him as an asset, so they gave him an internal position. His job was to find a way to better leverage X employees to various contracts, and as a part of that he came up with the concept of making a database of all X employees and what skills they have, which is searchable by everyone in the company. This way, if I'm having trouble with writing a SQL script, I can check the skills db and see who has SQL experience and ask them for help. Of course, I don't use SQL in my every day job and if I had trouble with a script I'd much rather look for an online resource (no waiting) and figure it out on my own, but that's just me. He's also started work on an internal CRM application, that the company hopes to license to other companies for fun and profit.

Now, none of this is really bad. We're branching out as a company - diversifying our portfolio, so to speak. The problem comes with the way that the new name is influencing management. Y had always run on the idea that their employees were their biggest assets, and that spending time and energy on the employees was the best way to stabilize the business while simultaneously growing the company through new employees and new clients. To that end, they used to host monthly, voluntary "happy hours" at local bars/pubs/etc., where anyone who wanted to get together could do so, over drinks and a nice meal, and talk about their challenges and successes and just unwind and get to know one another. And, they'd also have a mandatory "state of the company" meeting every six months to talk about new opportunities and let all of the employees know how the company was doing financially and what any upcoming projects were. X kept that up, for almost a year.

Now, however, the term "X" has apparently warped the president's brain, because he's decided that we all need to be more in-touch with one another. It's not good enough for us to be 70 individuals (on the non business-intel side of things) who may or may not know one another personally and who may or may not interact once in a while; we need to be a close-knit team of friends who all enjoy each others' company and who know exactly what every member does for X and for their clients. To that end, we're now going to be having bi-weekly mandatory fun-time(tm), where we get together and eat ice cream at an ice cream social (Get it? Social. Like X. We're being an X. WHY DON'T YOU LOVE OUR X?!) and have three minute public speeches by whomever wants to talk about whatever topic they want to talk about (I've been volunteered for the next meeting to publicly shame me for missing last night's meeting because... I was working). And each time there'll be a short presentation on how awesome the company is to work for, and what a great job they do of taking care of us, and what awesome non-standard benefits they provide us with. The whole thing smacks of nationalistic pride parades in North Korea, all Praise Glorious Leader.

Now, I don't have a problem with a company having social events - they can be fun. What I do have a problem with is being required, once every two weeks, to go have fun with four people that I talk to every day, and 66 people who I may never see or interact with outside of my Mandatory Happy Employee Best Company Fun Time. I also have a problem with the fact that all of these Mandatory Happy Employee Best Company Fun Time events are held at X's offices, because while I work for X, I work at Microsoft. X's office is 10 miles (20 - 30 minutes in average traffic) away in an entirely different city than the one I work in. This means that every time they hold an event, I have to leave work at least 30 minutes before the meeting starts and, while I do get paid for that time, that's time that I could use to actually uphold the commitments of my contract with Microsoft. A contract which I take very seriously. And my Mandatory Happy Employee Best Company Fun Time commute is far from the worst... we have people who work as far away as Tacoma or who work from home and live on the peninsula(Tacoma to Bellevue is 36 miles - an hour or more during afternoon traffic, the peninsula to Bellevue trip requires either taking a ferry or driving 80+ miles).

LordRendar

LordRendar

Did you write out Mandatory Happy Employee Best Company Fun Time every time in you post? Or did you use copy+past on Mandatory Happy Employee Best Company Fun Time? Cuz writing Mandatory Happy Employee Best Company Fun Time more then once is tiring.

Mandatory Happy Employee Best Company Fun Time

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I hope that's the actual name given to it by the company, and Gared simply forgot to add the appropriate (c) following each mention.

Gared

Gared

Nope, sorry, Mandatory Happy Employee Best Company Fun Time is my name for it. They don't have their own special name for it. I might anonymously suggest it, though. Oh, and I typed it out each time, because I'm annoyed about it and (not gonna lie) typing it out each time makes me feel superior to whomever thought that this was a good way to run a consulting firm.

drifter

drifter

Just a thought, but is it really a good idea to put the actual company name out there while you're still working for them?

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

tl;dr

OOH FREE ICE CREAM!

Gared

Gared

Just a thought, but is it really a good idea to put the actual company name out there while you're still working for them?
It's probably not really a huge issue, but you could be right.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Just call it company Z.

LordRendar

LordRendar

Or Umbrella Corp.

Cajungal

Cajungal

That's hard. :( My aunt had to do that after 3 previous miscarriages. The baby who almost made it to term was cremated, and she wants to be buried with her ashes. She has one son, and not surprisingly, they're both protective of him.

GasBandit

GasBandit

That's hard. :( My aunt had to do that after 3 previous miscarriages. The baby who almost made it to term was cremated, and she wants to be buried with her ashes. She has one son, and not surprisingly, they're both protective of him.
Can you blame them? He's a medical marvel!

LittleSin

LittleSin

My grandmother died last night.

I hate to say it but it's about time. 3 years ago she was given 9 months to live. She hasn't eaten in nearly 3 weeks and hasn't has water in 5 days, baffling doctors.

Sad stuff...yet relieving.

Hylian

Hylian

My work is so pissing me off. They keep piling more work on and I keep telling them I can't get it done but they keep piling more. My leads refuse to do their job and actually do some of the work themselves so I am expected to help other departments even though I am swamped as it is. Now with the way my contract is set up I can and will help people with their work but I have my own work to get done and I don't see why I should be held responsible for work being behind when it is not my work. Yes, they asked me to help the new guy try to get it done but I have been running around trying to get my work done as well as several other peoples work and I just don't have the time to get it all done. I finally got fed up today and told my main lead that I want a meeting right away.

PatrThom

PatrThom

If they tell you to "work smarter, not harder," tell them you'd like to see how well they work with their vision obscured by their scrotal sac.

--Patrick

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

I hate my friends when drunk. Mostly because one of them is a complete light-weight. He actually purposely spilled beer because "There was foam at the top." FOAM IS BEER YOU TWIT! Just because its cheap doesn't mean you have to fuckin' waste it.

jwhouk

jwhouk

That would get him jail time in Wisconsin. (Maybe.)

LordRendar

LordRendar

And a beating in germany.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

A beating would be almost guaranteed in Canada and Ireland, as well.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

Damn fuckin' straight! This guy is one of those guys who could never handle his alcohol...but still acts like he can handle his alcohol. Don't know why my friend puts up with him.

Gared

Gared

So, what you're saying here is that you're upset at someone because they can't drink as much as the rest of your friends?

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

So, what you're saying here is that you're upset at someone because they can't drink as much as the rest of your friends?
No, he made his cup the same liquid size as mine. He just spilled out some of the foam....and then pored more in. And then spilled more. I think he actually drank more than most of my friends WHILE doing this annoying pattern. My problem with this guy is he has no self control.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Show him the trick where you wipe a fingertip across your forehead and then touch the top of the foam.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

Show him the trick where you wipe a fingertip across your forehead and then touch the top of the foam.
Does that work? If so I'm doing it next time.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Does that work? If so I'm doing it next time.
I'm surprised more people don't know this. Yeah, get a little forehead grease on your finger, and ever so lightly run it across the top of any kind of liquid-borne foam (beer, soda, whatever). The foam will collapse in a cascade of failing surface tension until you're entirely bereft of foam.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

Cool! And it may gross out my germaphobic friends! BONUS!

blotsfan

blotsfan

I will have to do extensive research. For science!

Gusto

Gusto

I do it a lot. Wipe my finger on the side of my nose or something and then dip it in the foam and wait like 10 seconds.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

I never wiped my finger on my forehead or my nose before using it to dispel foam. I just stick my finger in the foam or lay it across the top of the glass depending on whose drink it is.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Or just teach him how to pour his friggin beer. Or inform him that the foam will get you drunk faster. Whatever.

Gusto

Gusto

Or if he fails to learn proper pouring, he can be an adult and wait one whole minute for the foam to decrease before guzzling it down, rather than being a child and intentionally spilling it, presumably on the table.

Seriously if I had a friend who spilled his beer intentionally to avoid sipping foam, I would not go out in public with that person.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

Or if he fails to learn proper pouring, he can be an adult and wait one whole minute for the foam to decrease before guzzling it down, rather than being a child and intentionally spilling it, presumably on the table.

Seriously if I had a friend who spilled his beer intentionally to avoid sipping foam, I would not go out in public with that person.
I know...and I want to NOT be seen with this person. The problem is, he's friends with EVERYBODY I KNOW! So until every other person realizes how dumb he is I'm stuck with him. Ces la vie I guess.

PatrThom

PatrThom

If he refuses to become an adult, he could always use a straw.

--Patrick

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

My hair is purple.

I wanted a change from my almost platinum and wanted to go dark copper/red. My hairdresser has made my hair red before and it was awesome.

MY HAIR IS POPSICLE PURPLE!!!!

She is going to try and fix it in the morning....FML

Bubble181

Bubble181

Am I the only one who's going to say you should just....you know, enjoy the foam? Not from cola or something, but beer? The foam is a different presentation of the taste; it allows you to taste some of the more subtle tastes in a beer better than the drink. Some Belgian beers are proud of having a substantive, big, long-standing head of foam :confused:

Also, slap that guy around with a wet trout. It does wonders.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Why do I have friends who do not understand political satire or irony? Yes, I know that Michele Bachmann article sounds like it's some hair-brained thing she would do or say, but that is the point of satire! It's making fun of her idiocy. The fact that you don't get that makes me irritated and sad.

LittleSin

LittleSin

My hair is purple.

I wanted a change from my almost platinum and wanted to go dark copper/red. My hairdresser has made my hair red before and it was awesome.

That sounds awesome!

..though you obviously don't like it.

Emrys

Emrys

The days are getting shorter, the nights are getting colder, and the leaves are dropping off the trees like they have weights attached to them. I'm not ready for winter.
Anyone some place warm want a roommate?

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

That sounds awesome!

..though you obviously don't like it.
I agree. Squidleybits sorry you don't like your hair color, but I think it sounds neato!

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

I went for a walk this night with my friend and my brother. When we got back to my friends house my friends sister said that 4 guys fitting our description(even though there were only three of us) were throwing rocks at cars. So either there are 4 guys identical to us in clothing throwing rocks at cars or the Folsomites just called the police and made shit up about us. Either way, can't walk around at night around there any more.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

My hair is purple.

Fix what? What is there to fix? That sounds fucking rad.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

I must agree, purple hair is awesome. Gives a feeling of mystery.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I've never made it a point of stopping people I didn't know to compliment them, but one girl at college had purple hair in an interesting cut. Had to tell her I loved it.

Gusto

Gusto

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

lol, purple hair and power suits rarely mix.

Gusto

Gusto

Single Female Lawyer disagrees.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

lol, purple hair and power suits rarely mix.
She can be a trendsetter.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

She can be a tastemaker.
Fixed that for you.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Fixed that for you.
/discussion

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

Why do people buy two dogs if they hardly play with either of them? DOGS A NOT A STATUS SYMBOLS JACK-ASSES!

PatrThom

PatrThom

I must agree, purple hair is awesome. Gives a feeling of mystery.
Screen Shot 2012-09-30 at 3.23.01 PM.png

--Patrick

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

It's now red :). It took five applications which is bizarre but the final result is good!

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

My friend today says he hates the capitalistic monetary system and doesn't wan to be a part of it any more. His solution to this? Joining the armed services. Pretty sure he's an idiot.

Edit: That's not a slant on the armed services, just on my friend who thinks joining the army will keep him off the grid. Seriously.