RIP PVP on Image Forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Staff member
One thing I have said and will always say: If *I* can afford to keep this place going, they certainly could have. So I'll never believe the monetary angle. Hell, they could have said something and we would have stepped up to keep it going. I may not have ended up the flappy-hootied Despotic Ruler of All, but I'd have helped out as much as I could.

Perhaps, but it's not nice of me to open old wounds. I don't know why it affects me the way it does - I'm certain I could go out to dinner with Kris and Scott and have a great time without bringing it up - I understand they are fun people to be around. In all fairness, the bits, bytes, and servers were owned and run by them - they technically, ethically, and morally owe us nothing. Websites shut down every day with no warning.

Still, this is a thread about forum deaths, and so perhaps my rant fits in anyway.

RIP PVP, the zombie forum that keeps dying and rising from the grave to terrorize the same internet over and over and over.

(sure, a phoenix analogy would be prettier, but zombies are "in" right now, so that's what we get to go with, mmkay?)

While I agree the way they did it was wrong I still think that quite a few of our members have sacrificed what morale high ground we had by some of their words/actions to Scott/Kris. I think that the initial anger was at least somewhat justifiable but some people have taken it to the extreme (I would almost say the 4chan extreme) on occasion.

I agree but it still would have been nice to be able to keep our old archives and to be able to get all of our members back. But alas there is no point in wishing to change the past (unless someone hear owns a certain Delorean or some other sort of time traveling machine)

Dave

Staff member
At least this time there's a reason. With the advent of the Image board closing it's like that portion of our life finally ended.

I'd be willing to bet that our invasion of it last year is the reason they even noticed.

I wasn't around for Image (I'm a latecomer).

This place is definitely not the same as it was as HalfPixel, that's for certain.

Status
Not open for further replies.