Sam Raimi and WarCraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shannow

Staff member
ScytheRexx said:
Shannow said:
(and I am sorry Scy, for saying that there is a problem. Dont worry, you can go back to blowing Metzen immediately, it isnt a problem with wow)
Your potshot was more amusing then insulting, nice try though. :pirate:
Dont know why I put it in there, but it seemed accurate at the time.

My main point still stands though, and Sheg even helped it along with her post. The man will make a good movie, but the question comes off..when? His plate is quite full right now, and even if the only thing up was SM4, and not the others, you would have quite a while to wait before this thing even gets started. Thats all that I was saying there.

Just paste some orcs over the skeletons in Army of Darkness, best Warcraft movie you'll ever see.

fade

Staff member
ZenMonkey said:
CynicismKills said:
Does Raimi have any epic shot experience?
Army of Darkness wasn't bad with that back in 1993 and I'd wager he's learned a bit since then. Plus I'm fairly sure he'll have a kickass cinematographer and second-unit photography, so this is the least of my worries.

I don't HAVE any worries.

I don't care when it comes out.

I just...want...to see this. :D
Ah, very good point. They'll probably hire a second unit director all about the big wide shots.

I think Bruce could do the Leeroy voice better than whiny Ted, who I see more as a goblin. (Don't get me wrong, I love Ted, interviewed him in S.F. and met him in L.A....but his voice is just wrong.)

But for some reason I really want to see Bruce as an orc, and as I told DarkAudit, the Olds 88 tricked out as a goblin or Horde siege vehicle of some kind.

Autolycus should play a Rogue... and Joxer was Leeroy before there was a Leeroy, so there... (though i wouldn't mind a voice over, maybe the original Leeroy voice even).

If they dropped Ash in the WoW as in Army of Darkness, I would totally dig the movie.

I really hope it's more of a send-up of WoW, and not a "serious" epic. I don't think I can handle another LOTR-esque movie.

It most certainly won't be as serious as LotR... that would be bigger betrayal of WC then WoW... :tongue:

Blizzard has a great sense of humor, although the books and lore of Warcraft are really overdone with seriousness. Hopefully Raimi will keep the sense of humor.

escushion said:
Blizzard has a great sense of humor, although the books and lore of Warcraft are really overdone with seriousness. Hopefully Raimi will keep the sense of humor.
Don't think we will have to worry much.

http://kotaku.com/5321385/whats-the-mos ... g-decision

Blizzard is making a movie based on its rather popular Warcraft property. Sam Raimi is directing it, meaning one actor's involvement is almost assured. So which actor and which role?

The hot topic currently raging at Blizzard's creatively leaning offices is apparently \"What role will Bruce Campbell play?\" That's according to Blizzard VP of creative development Chris Metzen, who thinks that Raimi, director of the Spider-Man and Evil Dead trilogies, is \"gonna rock it out.\"

\"I keep thinking [Campbell] might make a killer Goblin,\" Metzen said during today's Warcraft \"Epic Loot\" Comic-Con panel. \"He's got a kick ass chin.\"

Metzen commented casually that he'd envisioned the actor taking a digital role, perhaps in Gollum style pre-rendered performance.

While Metzen couldn't say much about the Warcraft flick in an official capacity other than \"we're prepping all engines to rock\" and his comments about a Bruce Campbell cameo weren't confirmation that the actor is signed on, it sure sounds like a good idea.

They have boom sticks in Warcraft, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.