[PC Game] Scrolls, a CCG from the creators of Minecraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if you've researched at all, Dave, but do you think you're gonna go with Growth, Energy or Order as your starter deck?

Dave

Staff member
I know almost nothing about the game. So I don't know. I'll know in about 2 minutes when I open the game and make my choice.

Dave

Staff member
Energy. And I almost lost the tutorial battle and they sucked. So that means I sucked as well.

Dave

Staff member
I'm trying to buy another copy for a contest but the system won't let me buy another one.

I'm trying to buy another copy for a contest but the system won't let me buy another one.

There's a delay if you're using paypal before you can buy another, to keep people from getting access to your paypal and buying a ton of copies. I don't know how long the delay is, try sending an email to mojang.

Wow. There be a lot of whiny bitches on the scrolls forums. I'm not surprised - it's the same with any game's forums - but damn. You'd think this was a $60+ major studio release like CoD, not a $25 beta of a CCG game.

"Having scrolls reshuffle when you run out isn't fair!"
"Having scrolls in the deck that allow you to cycle your deck quickly isn't fair!"
"My opponents are cheating! They obviously have more than three scrolls of each type in their deck! How else could they possibly play a scroll of the same type that I just destroyed on their next turn?"

But not one mention of what Poe and I are really hoping is a bug with the new Growth scroll, Stag Heart.

It's a message board full of gamers, of course it's full of whiny bitches. The fact that it's a video card game probably only makes it worse.

Wow. There be a lot of whiny bitches on the scrolls forums. I'm not surprised - it's the same with any game's forums - but damn. You'd think this was a $60+ major studio release like CoD, not a $25 beta of a CCG game.

"Having scrolls reshuffle when you run out isn't fair!"
"Having scrolls in the deck that allow you to cycle your deck quickly isn't fair!"
"My opponents are cheating! They obviously have more than three scrolls of each type in their deck! How else could they possibly play a scroll of the same type that I just destroyed on their next turn?"

But not one mention of what Poe and I are really hoping is a bug with the new Growth scroll, Stag Heart.

Stag Heart is still a fairly rare card (though not as rare as forge automaton) so it could be not enough people have gone up against it stacked on a single unit to really wonder.

I'm sure, so was Minecraft, but that's the shitty part about it. People who pay in don't generally think of it as a beta.

Dave

Staff member
Holy shit is that broken. Stacking in this case is just...dumb. I mean, I could see it if it were a chain, but not like this.

What do I mean by this? Well, if done in a chain, I can see how the effects could stack.
chain stack.png

But a straight stack making it +9/0/+9 is just overpoweringly dumb.
straight stack.png

Worst part is that according to the ticket Gared opened, it doesn't even matter that the hearts aren't enchanting the same target!! In other words, if you have three hearts enchanting three separate units, EACH UNIT GETS +9/0/+9!!!

That's just...looney.

I need to get back into this game a bit more. My Gravelock deck is basically complete, I just need time to play rather doing other stuff like drinking beer and reading books.

Holy shit is that broken. Stacking in this case is just...dumb. I mean, I could see it if it were a chain, but not like this.

Worst part is that according to the ticket Gared opened, it doesn't even matter that the hearts aren't enchanting the same target!! In other words, if you have three hearts enchanting three separate units, EACH UNIT GETS +9/0/+9!!!

That's just...looney.
No, actually it doesn't happen if you enchant multiple creatures. If you have 3 Stag Hearts on 1 creature, that creature will be +9/+9, but if you spread those 3 Stag Hearts across 3 creatures, each creature will have +3/+3. I have no idea what would happen if you put 2 Stag Hearts on Creature A and 1 Stag Heart on Creature B. But here's the text of Mojang's response to my ticket.
This is as intended, if 3 stags hearts are in play each give +3/+3 summing up to a total of +9/+9 no matter if they are on a single unit or multiple.
If they added +9/+9 to each of 3 creatures, it would sum up to a total of +27/+27. It is still broken, and very overpowered, especially since you can put that on a Relentless creature and just destroy everything, and unless your opponent has a way to reduce the movement to zero, or Pushback, there's no way you can stop that creature from slaughtering your entire army.

No, actually it doesn't happen if you enchant multiple creatures. If you have 3 Stag Hearts on 1 creature, that creature will be +9/+9, but if you spread those 3 Stag Hearts across 3 creatures, each creature will have +3/+3. I have no idea what would happen if you put 2 Stag Hearts on Creature A and 1 Stag Heart on Creature B. But here's the text of Mojang's response to my ticket.

If they added +9/+9 to each of 3 creatures, it would sum up to a total of +27/+27. It is still broken, and very overpowered, especially since you can put that on a Relentless creature and just destroy everything, and unless your opponent has a way to reduce the movement to zero, or Pushback, there's no way you can stop that creature from slaughtering your entire army.
I actually started running an order and an energy/order deck with pushback just because of this. Honestly, putting all of these enchantments on a single creature is making it very easy for your opponent to counter them, I just severely lack the counter cards.

Are there any "destroy enchantment" type cards? I don't recall seeing any.
Order has purification, it costs 1 order and removes any and all enchantments from a friendly or enemy unit. This includes positive enchantments as well as negative ones.[DOUBLEPOST=1373482930][/DOUBLEPOST]Order also has metapsychosis, which resets any creature back to face value (it technically temporarily removes and then replays the card in the same spot)

Status
Not open for further replies.