Export thread

Season Greetings 2016

evilmike

evilmike

Happy Solstice!

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Remember to keep Saturn in your Saturnalia.[DOUBLEPOST=1482354143,1482354033][/DOUBLEPOST]Back when I was a Geography Teacher, the students did not like that I'd say, "Remember that 23.5 degrees is the reason for the season."

PatrThom

PatrThom

"Remember that 23.5 degrees is the reason for the season."
axial_tilt_button_final_1024x1024.jpg

--Patrick

Gared

Gared

Happy Solstice, everybody! :drunk:

Dave

Dave

Days only get longer from here. I'm down with that!

PatrThom

PatrThom

Days only get longer from here. I'm down with that!
Well, for the next 6 months, at least.
...unless you're talking about the accumulation of leap seconds.

--Patrick

Cog

Cog

Felices Navidades a todos. Or Felices Fiestas if you want to be PC.

Terrik

Terrik

圣诞节快乐, I guess

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Remember to keep that Christ in Christmas, folks! Even though that's not how Christmas started!

Terrik

Terrik

Remember to keep that Christ in Christmas, folks! Even though that's not how Christmas started!

Well I suppose this video only proves that Christmas has been about Christ for a millennium and a half, so, I mean, kind of seems legit to me.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

Happy Festivus!

I've brought the pole. Unfortunately I am unable to participate in the feats of strength this year, as I've pulled my groin.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Vrolijk Kerstfeest, en gelukkig Nieuwjaar!

fade

fade

Well I suppose this video only proves that Christmas has been about Christ for a millennium and a half, so, I mean, kind of seems legit to me.
Not to mention these origins don't really disprove anything--just because a celebration period was adopted, doesn't somehow negate the reason it was adopted.

Fun Size

Fun Size

I've brought the pole... pulled my groin.
Now say it again, but slowly.

jwhouk

jwhouk

It's kinda funny, because the only thing that was really important in most of the NT wasn't his birthday, but his death...

Bubble181

Bubble181

It's kinda funny, because the only thing that was really important in most of the NT wasn't his birthday, but his death...
It's not like nobody's ever said Easter was the most important Christian holiday, after all :p

GasBandit

GasBandit

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

I've brought the pole... pulled my groin.
Now say it again, but slowly.

That is indeed the joke.;)

PatrThom

PatrThom

Assassin's Creed VII: Christmas is Coming, and it's gonna fill your stocking.

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

PatrThom

PatrThom

ALL the brofists.

--Patrick

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

If anthropologists wrote Christmas cards.

Emrys

Emrys

The reason for the season.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Welp, after a busy day all yesterday, I'm gonna relax and watch a bunch of Christmas related stuff.

I probably won't get to them all, but my list of intended watching includes:
-Muppet Family Christmas
-Muppet Christmas Carol (which I can't believe I've never watched)
-Scrooged
-Batman Returns
-Maybe some Doctor Who Christmas specials
-Die Hard

Already watched Gremlins & Gremlins 2 with my nieces a few days ago. I'm saving Krampus to watch with some friends shortly after Christmas.

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

Iron Man 3 and Lethal Weapon are decent Christmas films too.

Grytpipe-Thynne

Grytpipe-Thynne

Happy Christmas to all.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah, Happy Kwanzaa, and best wishes for 2017.

Denbrought

Denbrought

Feliç Nadal i Bones Festes, y'all.

Emrys

Emrys

Blessings to you and yours this holiday season. I love y'all.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Merry Christmas, hoo-mans!
IMG_20161224_205709_609.jpg

Emrys

Emrys

jwhouk

jwhouk

This just in from LA: Shots fired at Nakatomi Plaza.

evilmike

evilmike

christmas card 2016.jpg

PatrThom

PatrThom

Hey, all. Hope yer holiday times are memorable, but in a good way.
Gonna spend most of today driving, but it'll be to see friends and family, so at least it's for a good cause.

--Patrick

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

20161225_134509.jpg

Merry Christmas.

Now fuck off.

Gared

Gared

Merry Christmas, everybody, and Happy Hanukkah!

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Merry Christmas :)

Our kids and I each got a copy of the new Pokemon game and we are going to sit together and start it at the same time. Our son even assigned us each a different starting Pokemon :)

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Got my son an Anki Overdrive starter kit for christmas...this thing is hella fun

jwhouk

jwhouk

Merry Christmas everyone!

Gryfter

Gryfter

Merry Christmas Halforums!!!!!

Celt Z

Celt Z

Finally, a chance to sit down! Merry Christmas everyone!

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Merry Christmas, guys. I totally haven't been haunting this place much of the day anyway :p.

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

Merry Christmas from the Merry Marvel Marching Society

strawman

strawman

You are an important part of my life and I'm glad to know and associate with each of you.

fade

fade

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night. I mean that, because my daughter's first expedition downstairs was at 1:30. Then 3:30 for my son, who decided he'd just watch TV. Then 4:30 again for my son, when he turned on the TV again, and I said screw it and let him.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

You are an important part of my life and I'm glad to know and associate with each of you.
What he said.

drifter

drifter

Merry Christmas ya filthy animals

evilmike

evilmike

Dirona

Dirona

Happy Boxing Day from Pandora and Alia!

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Merry Christmas! Finally got more than 5 minutes at the computer.

It helps that my son is at his mom's and my wife's at work ;)

As far as gifts go, it was a banner year at the Tinwhistler household. My son actually liked and has played with all of this gifts (unlike previous years, where he liked 1 or 2 things, and everything else sat unopened to be donated the following year). I gave up trying to figure out what he'd like based on what everyone liked when I was a kid. He got the aforementioned Anki Overdrive, which he loves, some wooden puzzle brain teasers, which are right up his alley. Some emoji throw pillows--which I thought were dumb, but my wife swore he'd love. And he did. So points for her on that one.

My wife liked all of her gifts. I get her a "big gift" every year..
and usually a card. But this year, I also got her an alpaca wool infinity scarf (from an alpaca ranch a couple miles up the road that I learned about during Oktoberfest), and some books she's been wanting. My son got her bath bombs, and the sequel to a series she's been reading. So she was really happy that she had a number of small gifts to open that she loved.

And me? I got the satisfaction of a happy household. But I also got a ton of stuff from my amazon wish list. I've been begging my wife to use it for years, because she complains that she never knows what to get me. Everything I got came off of my wish list. And I was as happy as a bug in a rug :D

My boss gave us a 2006 bottle of dom perignon for completing the $2mil contract that was due at end-of-year, which I accepted graciously. I don't really like champagne. But we popped it Christmas Eve, and this stuff was totally drinkable!

It's been a pretty good weekend. I hope all of you are feeling just as cheery!

fade

fade

Merry Christmas! Finally got more than 5 minutes at the computer.

It helps that my son is at his mom's and my wife's at work ;)

As far as gifts go, it was a banner year at the Tinwhistler household. My son actually liked and has played with all of this gifts (unlike previous years, where he liked 1 or 2 things, and everything else sat unopened to be donated the following year). I gave up trying to figure out what he'd like based on what everyone liked when I was a kid. He got the aforementioned Anki Overdrive, which he loves, some wooden puzzle brain teasers, which are right up his alley. Some emoji throw pillows--which I thought were dumb, but my wife swore he'd love. And he did. So points for her on that one.

My wife liked all of her gifts. I get her a "big gift" every year..
and usually a card. But this year, I also got her an alpaca wool infinity scarf (from an alpaca ranch a couple miles up the road that I learned about during Oktoberfest), and some books she's been wanting. My son got her bath bombs, and the sequel to a series she's been reading. So she was really happy that she had a number of small gifts to open that she loved.

And me? I got the satisfaction of a happy household. But I also got a ton of stuff from my amazon wish list. I've been begging my wife to use it for years, because she complains that she never knows what to get me. Everything I got came off of my wish list. And I was as happy as a bug in a rug :D

My boss gave us a 2006 bottle of dom perignon for completing the $2mil contract that was due at end-of-year, which I accepted graciously. I don't really like champagne. But we popped it Christmas Eve, and this stuff was totally drinkable!

It's been a pretty good weekend. I hope all of you are feeling just as cheery!
Was anyone else expecting the "big gift" spoiler to be his junk?

No?

Emrys

Emrys

No?
I would hope she gets that more than once a year.

Gared

Gared

Happy Boxing Day, and Joyous Kwanzaa, everybody! :)

We did good this year, despite having to call in some favors since I've been out of work almost all year. Got my wife an electric kettle (with all the bells and whistles, except, ironically, a whistle or a bell), a video camera she wanted, and a butane torch for her jewelry making hobby. She got me a popcorn popper, a citrus juicer, a potato ricer, some miscellaneous baking/decorating tools, and a full set of the baking pans I wanted from Williams-Sonoma. It will be a very happy new year this year, at least on the baking front.

PatrThom

PatrThom

No.

--Patrick

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

No?
I've got such an undeserved reputation about showing my penis, I really oughta get it over with and post it in the NSFW section ;)

Dei

Dei

blotsfan

blotsfan

No?
Maybe if he hadn't said "big"...

fade

fade

I've got such an undeserved reputation about showing my penis, I really oughta get it over with and post it in the NSFW section ;)
I honestly wasn't even thinking of that. I just thought big gift sounded like a funny name for it.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Dave

Dave

Merry Christmas, everyone. I'm finally back and unwound from the Colorado trip where I was in a black hole of wi-fi so no internet at all. Hope you all had a great holiday and I'm sorry I missed your phone call(s).

PatrThom

PatrThom

Merry Christmas, everyone. I'm finally back and unwound from the Colorado trip where I was in a black hole of wi-fi so no internet at all. Hope you all had a great holiday and I'm sorry I missed your phone call(s).
You didn't miss us.
We just didn't call.

--Patrick

Gared

Gared

Happy New Year, everybody! May 2017 bring you all the joy you can ask for.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Happy New Year from 2017, everybody! Nobody famous has died this year (yet)!

(the year is now 7 seconds old, so, you know)