[Movies] Talk about the last movie you saw 2: Electric Threadaloo

...There's an insane amount of practical sets and effects...
That was what made The Phantom of the Opera so great. The set of the opera house was ginormous, it felt real, the camera ride through the place at the beginning set the the whole maze-like structure into scene and made sure you understood later how the pohantom could haunt this place.
And the canal scene with the candles emerging from the water lighting up. Magic!

The lenght of his remembrance thread shows our appreciation as well, not sure when last a Brazelton went on for that long. :)
I put The Lost Boys up for the weekend (also thinking about Flatliners).

Last edited:

fade

Staff member
Cirque Du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant

Meh. "Meh" sums up this movie. It wasn't awful, but it wasn't really anything either. It was just so generic and bland. It was like an episode of Goosebumps or something. Even the title theme and animations were super-generic. This movie was like the film equivalent of that guy you know who kind of looks a little like everyone. Everything was recycled from elsewhere. But not any particular place. Just from the genres themselves. I like John C. Reilly and Salma Hayek, but neither saved this one.

Oh yeah, and they completely ripped off the little dwarf things from Phantasm. Same look and origin, just with a little modern CGI.

Movie night with @Squidleybits a la quarantine style. I pick 365 Days because it's a top pick on Netflix and it's blurb suggests it's some form of live action Beauty and the Beast remake.

I feel like for people born 1980 and later, Batman Forever/and Robin are the gateway/prep movies you should show them prior to busting out ‘66.

—Patrick

Scoob!

A fine Scooby Doo film, but if I GOTTA be honest, Freddy, Velma and Daphne lacked SO much meat to their characters. Honestly I feel it would've been better if it was just Shag and Scoob palling around with Team Blue Falcon, while Freddy, Daphne and Velma went on vacation or some shit.

ALSO-some folks chastise the Simon Cowell cameo for JUST being a cameo, but for ME its that he was BARELY in the film! You want a pointless cameo in Scooby Doo? FUCK YES-that's what Scooby Doo is all a-BOUT, but have them actually interact with the main fucking STORY! Fucking URKEL had more of an impact on Scooby Doo than Simon Cowell, WHAT MADNESS IS THIS?!

SO yeah, a fun flick, but if it actually went to theaters it'd PROBABLY bomb due to being VERY in-joke centric.

I watched the new Eurovision movie with Will Ferrell on Netflix. I had to google most of the jokes, but i still generally enjoyed it. The music was pretty good.

Dave

Staff member
I watched the new Eurovision movie with Will Ferrell on Netflix. I had to google most of the jokes, but i still generally enjoyed it. The music was pretty good.
I've passed that by so many times. Crap. I gotta watch it now, don't I?

I've passed that by so many times. Crap. I gotta watch it now, don't I?
Rachel McAdams is really, really funny. It is really annoying in most of the Will Ferrell ways, but I still didn't hate myself too much. And I love songs/Pitch Perfect/etc

Tammy and the T-Rex

According to Wikipedia this was written in a week...I can believe that.

Its got the gore of a Troma movie, and the writing of a Goosebumps episode, its fucking all OVER the place!

The Other Guys

...hm. I mean...it ain't the WORST movie I've seen, but I dunno . It kinda felt like a straight-written action movie with goofball comedy moments spliced in here and there. Plus honestly they could've easily shaved like, 15-20 minutes off of it, it was a BIT too long. Finally, Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg's characters were just kind EH, nothing really new in terms of action or comedy. I don't regret watching that, but it ain't getting a rewatch from me any time soon.