[TV] Talk about the last TV you watched, the catchall thread

Dave

Staff member
So is anyone watching/watched "Raised by Wolves"? I'm on episode 7 and I still have no idea how I feel about it. I've almost given up several times but am curious.

There's just not much about it to like.

GasBandit

Staff member
I'm waiting for all the episodes to become available before I watch The Boys season 2. I don't understand why Amazon decided to drip feed them out week by week like they're some kind of pre-internet TV station with specific limited time slots.

I don't understand why Amazon decided to drip feed them out week by week like they're some kind of pre-internet TV station with specific limited time slots.
The same reason we can’t watch Japanese TV without alternate means — They are clinging to and attempting to perpetuate an outdated model for as long as they can do so.

—Patrick

There is also the media buzz aspect of delaying episodes. When a new episode comes out we talk about it for like a week. Not the entire series just for a week.
I wish I could se it all at once too, but I don't mind waiting. The Boys is finishing up this week and I've had several days to get excited considering the final scene in episode 7 was insane.

I don't have time to binge watch anything anyway. Sometime during the week I'll go "I'm bored and have nothing to do. Oh yeah, the new The Boys dropped on Friday. I'll watch that."

I'm out of things to do on the weeknights right now, so I guess it's time I binge The Boys. I was hesitating because I thought it was going to be too dark for life right now, like Watchmen.

I did finally get around to watching Witcher a few weeks ago. It was good, although I feel like it started to loose steam in the last few episodes. I've also never played the games, though I'm aware of them, so I have no idea if that effected my enjoyment. However, I don't think I've ever felt this way about any of Henry Cavill's other characters, but Geralt can Get It. Dang.

I was Netflixing yesterday, and put on another movie and @Squidleybits was like, oh my god what now, and I was like, shush it has Henry Cavill in it. And not another peep until the credits rolled.

I'm out of things to do on the weeknights right now, so I guess it's time I binge The Boys. I was hesitating because I thought it was going to be too dark for life right now, like Watchmen.

I did finally get around to watching Witcher a few weeks ago. It was good, although I feel like it started to loose steam in the last few episodes. I've also never played the games, though I'm aware of them, so I have no idea if that effected my enjoyment. However, I don't think I've ever felt this way about any of Henry Cavill's other characters, but Geralt can Get It. Dang.
Honestly, even as a big fan of The Witcher 3 (not so much its predecessors or the books), I wasn't crazy about the show. I thought the pacing was sluggish and it wasn't really that well shot. Very dark and just bland cinematography. I didn't think it was BAD, but I had a very hard time maintaining interest to the end.

GasBandit

Staff member

Did you watch the Castlevania netflix series?

GasBandit

Staff member
Archer, the first few episodes of the new season...

Oh man. Jessica Walters does not sound healthy....

Her voice is weak and creaky. :(

Dave

Staff member
Hell to the yeah!

Holy fuck already?!? Hell to the yeah just ain't strong enough for how I feel about this. It's my favorite sci-fi show of all time and yes, that includes the Star Wars/Trek stuff and Firefly.

The Expanse is amazing.

Emily in Paris

Been watching a lot of TV with my parents lately and we gave the first ep of this a shot...this sucks right? The first episode just gave me NO confidence, it feels VERY stereotypical for both Americans AND French people, as well as just feeling like a VERY basic sitcom.

Well, at least the first three episodes of The Boys isn't the rage inducing pile of shit Lower Decks is. It's honestly shocking how much better the show is than the comics.