Thanksgiving FUCK YEAH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Staff member
I'm officially sad that this year I'm in Canada and not the US ....I really digged American thanksgiving so much so I refused to celebrate canadian thanksgiving....Holidays seem rough this year :( Hope you all enjoy ur thanksgiving though !
I know exactly what you mean. My ex (mother of my kids) is visiting for Thanksgiving, since the kids live with me and she doesn't really have a place to host the meal. This is also the first Thanksgiving I'm spending single since I was 15, so that's pretty much a double whammy of worst Thanksgiving ever.[/QUOTE]

Invite the leukemia woman over! I'm sure she'll regale you with hours and hours of stories about her dead ex!

P

Philosopher B.

MY STOMACH IS FILLED WITH APPLE AND PUMPKIN PIE. This is an agreeable turn of events. :biggrin:

- Philo-B., going to watch Planes, Trains & Automobiles

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

Thanksgiving update:

I just ate four different kinds of pie. I think I might die.
Of ecstasy, ami'right?

Necronic

Staff member
Had a great meal and am now watching the cowboys bring it home

Edit: and there's the fumble....

Edit2: and there goes the lead....

Tally of food and drink:

1 Serving: Turkey, chocolate pie
2 Servings: Mashed potatoes, stuffing
3 Servings: Milk

Time to go sleep this off.

God I want a beer so bad.

Darn you to heck for reminding me that you live in a province that sells beer.[/QUOTE]

Gusto: thank you for reminding me I have a Sleeman's in the fridge.

HCGLNS: Wait, what? What province are you in? I thought you were in Newfoundland?
No beer there? Really?! Must be an awful place.[/QUOTE]

He's not in Newfoundland. *looks at her fridge full of beer*

I thought he was in Nova Scotia...and if there's no beer allowed there my sister should have been arrested several times over by now.

R

rabbitgod

Food was awesome for me today. In-laws always do a whole thing and Father in law does a pork loin in addition to turkey so that was tasty.

I went to my moms for a little while since she lives close to the in-laws and while I was there a whole argument broke out and my wife called to ask to pick her up. 8 years I've gone to their Thanksgiving, 8 years arguments have almost erupted, and the one fucking time it happens I missed it! God damn, it sounded awesome too.

Food: Turkey with gravy (made from pan drippings, of course), salad, two different stuffings, three different vegetable dishes, cranberry sauce, roasted and mashed potatoes, roasted and mashed sweet potatoes, mini croissant rolls.

Desserts: Apple pie, pumpkin pie, chocolate mousse, banoffee pie

People: 7 Americans, 7 Brits, 1 Ukranian

God I want a beer so bad.

Darn you to heck for reminding me that you live in a province that sells beer.[/QUOTE]

Gusto: thank you for reminding me I have a Sleeman's in the fridge.

HCGLNS: Wait, what? What province are you in? I thought you were in Newfoundland?
No beer there? Really?! Must be an awful place.[/QUOTE]

He's not in Newfoundland. *looks at her fridge full of beer*

I thought he was in Nova Scotia...and if there's no beer allowed there my sister should have been arrested several times over by now.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my dad's from NS (Cape Breton, so practically from Newfoundland) and I have some family there , and I have never heard anything about beer limitations there. All's been explained though. They have beer, (obviously) but there are weird limitations there.

Also HCGLNS: I happen to like Keiths, and I DO have a choice.

M

makare

Then you will take the nap to end all naps. It'll be tryptophantastic!

J

Jiarn

-whipped cream still hanging from his face, he emerges from bed-

-glancing around, noticing the children are still sleeping and all company has left, he proceeds to the kitchen-

-opening the magical portal, he raises a hand to shield his eyes from the light of the portal-

-his prize in hand, he stealthily moves away and begins his trek to a more secluded part of the domicle-

-Out of mercy, they should have never left survivors of Pecan Pie Valley, for this morning, he shall feast on those who are left-

fun fact: Turkey actually has about as much, or less, tryptophan as any other meat product we tend to eat on a daily basis. The sleepiness that coems with Thanksgiving is actually due to the amount of starchy foods we tend to eat with the meal.

fun fact: Turkey actually has about as much, or less, tryptophan as any other meat product we tend to eat on a daily basis. The sleepiness that coems with Thanksgiving is actually due to the amount of starchy foods we tend to eat with the meal.
[/QUOTE]

Interesting coincidence: Today's Sheldon:

M

makare

I could have guessed that though because I don't really eat the turkey and I'm still ready for a nap after we eat. Usually because my mom woke me up too damn early but also potatoes.

Always potatoes.

also, aw gusto made checkeredhat sad :(

I like checkeredhat because he gives me opportunities to laugh privately about really dirty things he accidentally referenced.

:hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.