Export thread

That Starbucks Thread

Calleja

Calleja

Back at the Starbucks. My internet has been acting up and the ninth technician in 2 months is there NOT fixing it. So I came to the good ol' local Starbucks for some free wifi.

I love this place because, for some reason, it has the highest concentration of attractive women I have EVER seen in my town. Seriously, it's like this is the local hottie hangout or something.

Join me, why don't you, Halforums, these next couple of hours in... THAT STARBUCKS THREAD! *cue theme music*

Espy

Espy

Well this should be exciting.

Baerdog

Baerdog

Cougar bait?

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

Where's the hotties with tatoos?

Calleja

Calleja

Alright, initial hawtness scan completed. There's a girl with one of the most AWESOME butts I have EVER had the privilege to be in the presence of about 6 feet away. She's with her boyfriend though.

There's also a not-that-hot woman looking at me all the time but she looks familiar... I think I may have worked with her in high school and she's also figuring out where she knows me from.

Outside in the smoking area... I think I saw my ex. THE ex from hell. Like, the one that could still stab me in the chest just by looking at me.

This could prove to be an awesome episode of THAT STARBUCKS THREAD!

Cajungal

Cajungal

Enjoy yourself. :) I'll be around. Today's my longest work shift.

Calleja

Calleja

Oh man... Beatles cover playing. Across the Universe by... wtf, it's like John Mayer or something. It's awful. I may throw hot coffee around if it doesn't end soon.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Got headphones? I always bring headphones. Community Coffee house plays better music than Starbucks. Always jazz. :cool:

Dave

Dave

It could be worse.

Calleja

Calleja

I've got headphones, but I like to ... well, it's not socialize.... but look at people and maybe spring up some conversations and whatnot when I'm at Starbucks.. and headphones get in the way of that, usually.

The not-so-hot-girl that's looking at me is not who I thought it was, so no, we don't know each other. She may also be looking at the girl with the incredible ass that's next to me and not AT me, though.

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

Man... that ass is hypnotizing. I'm scared that I won't be able to help myself and get caught staring and get my ass kicked by the boyfriend. He's about my size but he looks like he works out. I don't work out. Advantage: boyfriend.

Chazwozel

Back at the Starbucks. My internet has been acting up and the ninth technician in 2 months is there NOT fixing it. So I came to the good ol' local Starbucks for some free wifi.

I love this place because, for some reason, it has the highest concentration of attractive women I have EVER seen in my town. Seriously, it's like this is the local hottie hangout or something.

Join me, why don't you, Halforums, these next couple of hours in... THAT STARBUCKS THREAD! *cue theme music*
Is it the only Starbucks in town? Cause if my travels through Europe have taught me one thing is that the "hip" places in other countries are U.S. franchise establishments.

Calleja

Calleja

No.. there's like 5 starbucks in town. And it's a small town (for Mexican standards, you people consider 1million to be a big town).

I think it's because it's new AND it's in my neighborhood which IS one of the fancy "nice" suburbs. My school, which is also here, did have a reputation of having lots of hot chicks.

Morphine

Morphine

I used to like Starbucks... now it's just "meh" to me.
I prefer other small coffee shops with nice waitresses and better coffee.

Calleja

Calleja

Alright... it's not the ex I saw.

Just her father. The ex father-in-law from hell. The man who once literally threatened me with running me over with his van.... because when he tried to impose himself physically on me he couldn't make me budge cause he's like a foot shorter. This pathetic excuse for a human being is a big part of the local Opus Dei and abuses his wife and children psychologically every single day and physically some times too. He hates me with a fiery passion because I gave her daughter confidence to stand up to him. I hate him ten times worse for the years of torture he subjected her to.

We made eye contact.

He left in a hurry.

Morphine

Morphine

ewww Opus Dei

Calleja

Calleja

He made my ex sleep in the car cause I took her to see The DaVinci Code.

Dave

Dave

Sick Dan Brown on him.

Calleja

Calleja

Isn't it "sic"?

Dave

Dave

Not sure. That's one of those things that are really, really slang and don't have a definitive definition that I know of. Like when people sake "psyche" or "sike".

Calleja

Calleja

Ugh, seeing that moron ruined my Starbucks visit. I didn't even get to talk with staring-at-my-general-direction girl and she's left now.

I think it's headphones time.

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

Not sure. That's one of those things that are really, really slang and don't have a definitive definition that I know of. Like when people sake "psyche" or "sike".
Dictionary.com disagrees with you:

sic

1    /sɪk/ Show Spelled[sik] Show IPA
–verb (used with object), sicked or sicced  /sɪkt/ Show Spelled[sikt] Show IPA, sick·ing or sic·cing. 1. to attack (used esp. in commanding a dog): Sic 'em!

2. to incite to attack (usually fol. by on ).

Dave

Dave

Actually you're right.

sick/sic

Correcting how I use my own native tongue. M-bare-assing.

Calleja

Calleja

Don't feel bad, I used to correct all my high school English teachers too.

Yeah, I was that guy.

Espy

Espy

Sounds like he should have made you sleep in the car, cuz dude, WTF were you thinking?

Cajungal

Cajungal

There are lots of boys here staying for summer school. They're all a bunch of douchebags who want to steal our printer paper and dress in some disturbing ghetto-preppie hybrid.

...Except for the ones who smile nicely and wish me a good day when I give them directions. ^_^

Calleja

Calleja

Sounds like he should have made you sleep in the car, cuz dude, WTF were you thinking?[/QUOTE]

I was thiking "There's nothing else playing right now, let's just watch Tom Hanks with weird hair and make out a bit". It wasn't even a planned "oooh, let's go see the davinci code!" thing.

Espy

Espy

NO EXCUSES IN THIS DOJO!

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

THERE'S NO MERCY IN THIS DOJO!!!

Calleja

Calleja

THIS IS THAT STARBUCKS THREAD NOT A DOJO YOU DELUSIONAL BUFFOONS!

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

Yeah, but it's not nearly as good as your last Starbucks thread... ;)

Cajungal

Cajungal

THIS IS THAT STARBUCKS THREAD NOT A DOJO YOU DELUSIONAL BUFFOONS!
Starbucks is more of a don't-jo... as in don't drink their joe! :awesome: D'aaaaaah!

...spare me. I slept for 4 hours last night.

Calleja

Calleja

Yeah, I'm not even at Starbucks anymore, I'm back home where my internet is still crappy.

Starbucks sucked today ¬¬

filmfanatic

filmfanatic

Don't worry. Perhaps next time, there shall be an exciting installment of...

THAT STARBUCKS THREAD.

Cajungal

Cajungal

THAT STARBUCKS THREAD.
Brought to you by Simpson's Individual Stringettes and Flood Preventers: The "NOW" String!

Hylian

Hylian

THAT STARBUCKS THREAD.

So tuned in next time same Hal time, same Hal channel, to find out

General Specific

General Specific

THAT STARBUCKS THREAD.
Brought to you by Simpson's Individual Stringettes and Flood Preventers: The "NOW" String![/QUOTE]

I love you.

Gusto

Gusto

I ran into BOTH my exes at the club the other night.

One of them was delightful to talk to, catch up with and grind a little.

The other I avoided completely.

Cajungal

Cajungal

THAT STARBUCKS THREAD.
Brought to you by Simpson's Individual Stringettes and Flood Preventers: The "NOW" String![/QUOTE]

I love you.[/QUOTE]

Aw, jeez. :hug:

General Specific

General Specific

THAT STARBUCKS THREAD.

I love you.[/QUOTE]

Aw, jeez. :hug:[/QUOTE]

You came very close to owing me a new monitor and keyboard. ;)

Calleja

Calleja

Hey, maybe I'll go to Starbucks again tomorrow for another edition of..... THAT STARBUCKS THREAD! *cue ending theme*

Cajungal

Cajungal

~Nobody doesn't like Molten Boron!~

Hylian

Hylian

Hey, maybe I'll go to Starbucks again tomorrow for another edition of..... THAT STARBUCKS THREAD! *cue ending theme*

General Specific

General Specific

Stop that! Sooner or later, I am going to spit out what I'm drinking when you make these jokes.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Stop that! Sooner or later, I am going to spit out what I'm drinking when you make these jokes.[/QUOTE]

:awesome:

Element 117

Calleja

Calleja

Whose?

General Specific

General Specific

Baerdog

Baerdog

That video is great.

Philosopher B.

Alright... it's not the ex I saw.

Just her father. The ex father-in-law from hell. The man who once literally threatened me with running me over with his van.... because when he tried to impose himself physically on me he couldn't make me budge cause he's like a foot shorter. This pathetic excuse for a human being is a big part of the local Opus Dei and abuses his wife and children psychologically every single day and physically some times too. He hates me with a fiery passion because I gave her daughter confidence to stand up to him. I hate him ten times worse for the years of torture he subjected her to.

We made eye contact.

He left in a hurry.
That sounds like something out of a blooming novel.

Calleja

Calleja

I'm back at Starbucks!!

*theme music to That Starbucks Thread*(I always imagine it similar to the theme to That 70s Show)

This may prove to be just a please-keep-me-entertained thread this time, though. Remember how this joint is supposed to be the hottie hangout to end them all?

Well, it's turned into something else today... Baby Business Central. Seriously, there is not ONE hottie within scanner range and instead we have a place full of moms with their babies and full tables with lots of business meeting type things.

what the hell!?

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Doing serious business is serious business

Calleja

Calleja

I was about to complain about the slow as hell internet in here... but then I decided to look around and count the number of laptops being used.

There's FIFTEEN laptops browsing the web in this teeny one-story starbucks. That's a lot of bandwidth hogging for one tiny router.

So now I know I can't complain cause I'm actually part of the problem. I hate knowing stuff. People who are douchebags just complain without thinking first and they're probably happier for it. :humph:

Calleja

Calleja

Oh Starbucks, how have you failed me today.

Someone, dare me tot ake a picture of something or ....SOMETHING. I'm waiting for more work to arrive and there's not even a decent ass to discreetly stare at. ENTERTAIN MEEEEEEE

Hylian

Hylian

Take a picture of the next person who's drink gets called out

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

I dare you to hug the next person who comes through the door.

Dave

Dave

Stand up, yell (in Spanish of course), "Holy shit! I JUST WON THE FUCKING LOTTERY!!!" Grab some random woman, give her a big kiss then run out screaming.

Alternate dare:

Come back in in 5 minutes and say you looked at the wrong numbers. Then sit down like nothing happened.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Someone, dare me tot ake a picture of something or ....SOMETHING.
Strip.

If anyone gives you trouble tell them you bet on the Dutch.

Calleja

Calleja

Take a picture of the next person who's drink gets called out
Ok, ugly guy:

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

I dare you to hug the next person who comes through the door.
Well it's been pretty empty for a while, but I'll do it only if it's a girl ¬¬

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

Stand up, yell (in Spanish of course), "Holy shit! I JUST WON THE FUCKING LOTTERY!!!" Grab some random woman, give her a big kiss then run out screaming.

Alternate dare:

Come back in in 5 minutes and say you looked at the wrong numbers. Then sit down like nothing happened.
LMAO, yeah ok, that's too crazy even for me. And I just can't leave my laptop behind, dude!

Any REALISTIC dares?

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

Alright, a girl around my age came in, I stood up (I'm right next by the door), greeted her like we've known each other for years and hugged her (hugging's pretty normal down here, HA, joke's on you!) and then she asked who I was and said "oops, sorry, confused you for someone else!". She keeps looking at me funny now. I'l see if I can grab a pciture of her too. tee hee.

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

Haha! Well done! :D

Dave

Dave

Okay, all of the above, except instead of running out, after you kiss the woman go back to your computer, look at a piece of paper again and loudly exclaim, "SHIT! That's a 16, not a 15!" Sit down by your computer, put your head on your arms and start to cry loudly.

Morphine

Morphine

Go in the truth or dare, thread you little cheater.

Calleja

Calleja

*blinks*

I am so not doing that. You have way too much confidence in my acting skills. And you're WEIRD. Go sit in the corner!

Anyone else with any realistic dares!?

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

Go in the truth or dare, thread you little cheater.
These are STARBUCKS dares, plus, I'm the only one getting dared, with your little thread thingie I'd have to wait for all the weird cycle thing to keep going round and round. no thanks.

Hylian

Hylian

Start singing your favorite Beatles song out loud for everyone to hear

Calleja

Calleja

I... actually sort of did that already 'bout an hour ago without noticing. I shared over msn with someone the keypad trick I posted a few days ago where you can play Here Comes the Sun on it, and as I practiced it I started singing along and just kept singing and then suddenly the woman in front of me was staring at me weirdly so I shut up. :paranoid:

Dave

Dave

I dare you to.....

Turn your computer volume up really, really loud and then click anything on this page:

Fart SoundBoard

Calleja

Calleja

LMAO

with the music on it can't really be heard that far, but the mom near me first looked at me like I was about to rape her baby, and then the baby started giggling awesomely every time I clicked. The mom caught on pretty quick it came from my laptop and now I'm just making the baby laugh cause baby laughs are awesome.

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

The baristas asked me to stop :(

Dave

Dave

:rofl:

Calleja

Calleja

Ok, that bit of work is done and now.. I have a hottie sitting RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME. I can't seem to come up with a good way to maybe approach her, though... cause I'm not sure how old she is. She could be as young as I am or as old as 37. I hate that, because that would mean completely different strategies. Oh well, I may just wait a bit till I need to pee and use the ol' "Hey, quick favor, can you watch my laptop while I go to the bathroom?" which means coming back and thanking her and then getting her name and hopefully MARITAL STATUS

You people ahve been boring this past hour anyway.

Dave

Dave

Hey!

Baerdog

Baerdog

Go for it, Cougar Bait. Be a predator!

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

Pffff.... I'm at work right now so you should be happy with whatever you get! :p

Calleja

Calleja

Alright, I usually tend to avoid posting pics of strangers online... but look how close she is!! She's where the mom and baby used to be during the fart thing.

Isn't she lovely? :heart:

Jay

Jay

Can you kindly tell her to lower her arm so that you can take a better quality picture so that you can post it on the internet?

Hylian

Hylian

Your eying the possibly pregnant lady in the green shirt?

j/k

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet