The Awesome Videos Thread (with Extra Sauce!)

She ended up quitting because she took a turn for the worst.
The Nightbirde Wikipedia article said:
Jane Marczewski [stage name "Nightbirde"] was born in the United States and is from Zanesville, Ohio [and] has had cancer three times. At the time Nightbirde appeared on AGT she was dealing with some cancer in her lungs, spine and liver with an expected 2% chance of survival. After the auditions, Marczewski withdrew from the competition, citing her health worsening and therefore needing to focus on her battle with cancer.
:eek:

--Patrick

Never watched the show as I think it's overproduced and a blatant attempt at creating drama where there was none. But I looked at some stuff on this girl and I'm blown away. This wasn't a gimmick or made up for the show. She ended up quitting because she took a turn for the worst.

Thanks for linking that, @ThatNickGuy. Had you not I'd never have known of her.
Yeah, the show can be REALLY emotionally manipulative at times, I grant you. But goddamn, if the talent doesn't shine through like this sometimes.

Some other favourites:

This girl, I swear, is the second coming of Janis Joplin.

And if this girl doesn't get hired by the Jim Henson Company once she's old enough, then they're crazy. She's only gotten better as she's gotten older.

This girl went on to be the contortionist for the monster role in the recent horror flick, Malignant.

Is there any kind of context to this?
When the camera peeks out onto the balcony at about 0:49, you can see that something is weighing down the wires outside to the right, and the hardware that's on the pole to the left is definitely not happy about what is going on.

Tried to find it, looked around for some kind of news story in (most likely) Brazil, but couldn't find anything.

--Patrick

When the camera peeks out onto the balcony at about 0:49, you can see that something is weighing down the wires outside to the right, and the hardware that's on the pole to the left is definitely not happy about what is going on.

Tried to find it, looked around for some kind of news story in (most likely) Brazil, but couldn't find anything.

--Patrick
I had that happen when a storm came through a few years ago and blew the power lines into contact with the house. Blue flashes and ZZZTTT!! Freaked me out because that was quite similar to how our previous house burned down.

Fortunately that didn't happen. Just lost power for a couple of days and had a tree fall and lean against the house. I posted pics of that when it happened.

I thought I had a point to make about the Swiss attitude toward guns, but then I needed to actually write it out. So much for that. Anyway, here.

Man...I get it.

I've put on compilations of commercials from the 90s just to feel that nostalgia buzz.

Man, Red Green. Did that even air down there? How???

That's insane. It's SO specifically rural Ontario Canadian. I guess Americans dig that, with Letterkenny being another weird breakout hit.

I kinda hate that I'm like 100 deep into this and I recognize (almost) every single one within moments. We watched a lot of fuckin' TV in the 90s.

GasBandit

Staff member
Red Green was on PBS in Houston. Watched many episodes it.
The PBS station in Colorado Springs thought it was exceedingly clever by airing Red Green back to back with Red Dwarf, which is how I came to discover Red Green.

It didn't click with me that it was Canadian for years, I just thought it was, like.... extremely northern Wisconsin or Montana or something.

Whatever random ass PBS we got in Alberta (probably from Spokane, like all of our American stations were) always showed Red Dwarf with Dr. Who, which is how I got to watch Red Dwarf and dread with all my heart Dr. Who.