The Awesome Videos Thread (with Extra Sauce!)

Hbomberguy, in what was supposed to be a short video on the origin of the Roblox oof sound, quickly spiraled into a world of investment lies, lies about credit, and lies in general. He even manages to get a Guinness world record revoked by accident.

Hbomberguy, in what was supposed to be a short video on the origin of the Roblox oof sound, quickly spiraled into a world of investment lies, lies about credit, and lies in general. He even manages to get a Guinness world record revoked by accident.

I watched this and man, rich people really think they can get away with anything

This is so neat. Restored footage of video from Vancouver, Canada in 1907. I don't think a single car is seen in the video. People walking, using horses, cycling, public transit but no cars. Incredible.

How many buildings still exist today? Could you use the footage to find the places and go the same path they did and make a comparison?

Quick look at the youtube comments says that there are a couple of buildings shown that are still there now, but that area - Granville up to Hastings starting at 2:30 - is part of Vancouver's downtown and the vast, vast majority of it has obviously been torn down and replaced a couple of times since then. I've been through the area quite a few times and I absolutely wouldn't have recognized it without it being labelled in the video.