The Dating Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TheBrew

So it's official now, did our little corny "I don't want to see anyonelse, I want this to be official" kind of thing on New Years. This is going to be a great year.

This will also be my last post in this thread, mostly anyway, to open the floor up to more success stories :)

If you haven't tried it, I really recommend giving plenyoffish.com a try. It really is as comprehensive as any major "pay" dating site, with no monthly charges required. Seriously, if you're single and don't want to be, and haven't tried it, you should!
Good work! I was painfully single a year ago, but I just spent the last week with my girl at the beach with just the two of us. Keep an open mind and anything can happen.

With plans for skating in mind, a long time friend of mine came over early afternoon to watch a movie or two before heading downtown. A tickle fight and a make-out session later, we spent the rest of the evening and part of today in bed.

It's funny, because there's always been a mutual interest/attraction between us. At first, I had asked her out to a movie after meeting her through a Meetup.com group. She didn't realize until after the plans were made that I was thinking of it as a date. She was, in fact, taken, and living with the guy. But we still remained friends. Shortly after that, the guy (named Captain Crapface by me) went crazy and she moved out. We still saw each other a few times, but nothing happened of it. I was always attracted to her, but never made a move. We lost contact with each other for about a year, until just a few days ago, after I wished her a happy birthday and New Years. Then she asked if she could join me for skating. And the rest...yeah.

I guess I'm a little uncertain about this. We're definitely attracted to each other and couldn't stop cuddling wearing nothing in bed. I certainly enjoy her company, but I'm not sure if it's something I feel will be long-term. We both talked about how weird it was to do all this after being friends for so long. It's all pretty surreal since...well, there've been numerous times that I've fantasized about her. She's got a great sense of humour and similar tastes in things (including horror flicks, especially zombies). I'm just not sure.

Still, for the time being, I'd like to at least try with her. I'm not head over heels or anything, but there's definitely something there.

J

Jiarn

Hey Nickguy, that's great news. Any way you look at it. If it becomes more, then you have a great basis for something there and will let it go how it will. If it ends up being a fun fling, at least it gets you "back in the groove" and it's like they say..... women can catch that scent. -grin-

Status
Not open for further replies.