The Disney Thread: For Everything Concerning the House of Mouse

Agreed, an UTTERLY charming film. Kinda amazed Disney didn't make it Premier access.
Actually it makes sense it wasn’t Premiere. As far as stories go Luca has one of the most simplest. There isn’t any epic adventure or something important on the line if someone fails. It’s about fitting in and a small town bike race. And it works so well.

Actually it makes sense it wasn’t Premiere. As far as stories go Luca has one of the most simplest. There isn’t any epic adventure or something important on the line if someone fails. It’s about fitting in and a small town bike race. And it works so well.
And I get that, but its also a more accessible and enjoyable story than say Cruella. GRANTED-they're probably raking in the Happy meal bucks with Luca right now, so maybe they thought it'd balance out.

I saw some people talking about this and the 2 things that stood about to me were 1) the name Slave-1 was never in the movies. It was added for merchandising. In fact, a lot of ships and other characters/creatures names were added to the toys because otherwise Lucas/Kenner couldn't copyright the toys. And 2, )they've been giving generic names to a lot of the newer LEGO Star Wars sets. The Gozanti cruiser became the Imperial Assault Carrier, Phoenix Home from Rebels became the Rebel Assault Frigate, and the Arquitens cruiser is now the Imperial Light Cruiser and the list goes on.

I saw some people talking about this and the 2 things that stood about to me were 1) the name Slave-1 was never in the movies. It was added for merchandising. In fact, a lot of ships and other characters/creatures names were added to the toys because otherwise Lucas/Kenner couldn't copyright the toys. And 2, )they've been giving generic names to a lot of the newer LEGO Star Wars sets. The Gozanti cruiser became the Imperial Assault Carrier, Phoenix Home from Rebels became the Rebel Assault Frigate, and the Arquitens cruiser is now the Imperial Light Cruiser and the list goes on.
Slave-1 is in The Empire Strikes Back.

Slave-1 is in The Empire Strikes Back.
she means the name Slave 1 was never used in the films. The ship was present but the name was never mentioned. I know it wasn't mentioned in Empire. I don't remember if it was mentioned in Attack of the Clones. I THOUGHT it was mentioned in The Mandalorian but it sounds like I was mistaken.
Either way that sounds like a very odd thing to go PC about considering that it's a fantasy setting where slavery is still brought up as a problem in the galaxy.
I guess they want Boba Fett to be less of a bad guy now.

I'm not saying everything needs their own special proper name, but I will say that a Lego set for "Millenium Falcon" sounds like the actual real thing, and a Lego set for "Old Smuggler Cargo Ship" sounds like a cheap Chinese knock-off.

I'm not saying everything needs their own special proper name, but I will say that a Lego set for "Millenium Falcon" sounds like the actual real thing, and a Lego set for "Old Smuggler Cargo Ship" sounds like a cheap Chinese knock-off.
True, and most likely they won't go that way because in all their recent media and films, the Millenium Falcon is called by name. HOWEVER, considering the Falcon is the star of their new ride, Smuggler's Run, it could be renamed "Smuggler's Run Cargo Ship" and there's a whole new generation of kids that would know it that way.

I guess they announced The Owl House is ending after a shortened season 3? Why do I even get attached to shit on Disney any more... they just keep canceling all of their clever and fun stuff for more reruns of Jesse.

I've watched Tale Spin on Disney+ here in the US. I just checked, it definitely there.
Lucky you! :)
I just checked, full of hope (not really), and Germany/possibly Europe is still out of luck. Neither Tale Spin nor Captain Balu und seine tollkühne Crew brought result (I also tried Käpt'n). :(
Still not bored though!

Hope for @GasBandit ?

Lucasfilm's Industrial Light & Magic (ILM) has hired to its team a YouTuber who went viral with a video that showed him using deepfake technology to improve upon the special effects in an episode of "The Mandalorian." (Yahoo)

Scarlett Johansson is suing Disney for breach of contract. She signed up for a share of the box office and is getting none of the streaming money.

Scarlett Johansson is suing Disney for breach of contract. She signed up for a share of the box office and is getting none of the streaming money.
From what I understand, they told her Black Widow was going to be a theatrical only release due to her contract stating she gets part of the gross. Later on they altered this to be theatre and premiere streaming co-release, but when Scarlet went to them asking for an adjustment to the contract so she would also get part of the streaming revenue, they ignored her, thus why she is now filing the lawsuit for breach of contract.

Scarjo has kicked open the FORBIDDEN DOOR

Everyone in the twitter replies to all these tweets seem to think that ScarJo wanted everyone to be forced to go to a movie theater to catch covid, and that's not at all what this lawsuit is about. But I'm sure Disney is pushing that narrative, hard.

Dave

Staff member
Yeah, Disney is calling her heartless over this.

Disney.

The company thats theme parks are open for everyone.
The company that told their employees they would pay for their college. When Covid hit, they rescinded this and told them they were no longer paying. Didn't matter if the students were already enrolled, already in class, etc. Nope. You're cut off. Billion dollar company. Ooh! We might lose some money! Better fuck over the little guys so we can keep our multi-million dollar bonuses.

Hey, Disney you're not the only show in town, you can't fuck over actors like the WWE.
Even the WWE isn't immune to that anymore: AEW can't absorb EVERYONE but it and New Japan have been picking up the cream of the crop for awhile now. Unlike the WWE, they are quite effective at using most of their talent.

Even the WWE isn't immune to that anymore: AEW can't absorb EVERYONE but it and New Japan have been picking up the cream of the crop for awhile now. Unlike the WWE, they are quite effective at using most of their talent.
I am refering to the shift from wrestlers getting a cut of PPV sales, to oops, sorry now that we stream everything on the network, PPV sales don't exist any more.

From what I understand, they told her Black Widow was going to be a theatrical only release due to her contract stating she gets part of the gross. Later on they altered this to be theatre and premiere streaming co-release, but when Scarlet went to them asking for an adjustment to the contract so she would also get part of the streaming revenue, they ignored her, thus why she is now filing the lawsuit for breach of contract.
1627686106478.png