The EPIC WIN Thread 3: SON OF EPIC

This morning I was looking at my bank account and I noticed there was a 6.99 fee for some bank service I dont use. I then noticed it went back three months! I thought those bastards I am going to the bank today and I am getting that 21 dollars back.

So after class, and I was so anxious to get to the bank that they day just dragged ass, I get there and the banker chick calls the main bank. We are on hold for 45 minutes. Finally, she gets off the phone with the guy and says, ok so the refund is 549.

I was stunned. I said, five hundred and forty nine... DOLLARS!?

Yep.

Holy shit!!! Apparently, and this is a testament to my obliviousness, I have been getting charged that fee for a long damn time.

I am ecstatic. Seriously this morning I was so upset about my finances and now I am just relieved.
That is awesome!

So the principal emails my mom today to tell her that, after all the shit they gave her about how I wouldn't be able to sub long-term for her because I was her son, they looked over who was available and decided I was the best qualified to do it anyway. So epic win because I get three full weeks worth of work and my mom gets the sub she wanted in the first place. But I'm still pissed that the district gave her all this extra stress right before her surgery for no real reason.

October 27, 2010
Great Falls, MT, USA

4 Winds Fantasy Gaming publisher Robert Thomson announced today that 4 Winds has partnered with Knoxville, TN-based Studio 2 Publishing, joining a long list of other well known game publishers partnered with Studio 2.

“This is one of the most significant partnerships for 4 Winds Fantasy Gaming,” said Thomson. By partnering with Studio 2 Publishing, 4 Winds Fantasy Gaming products will be made much more widely available than they currently are as Studio 2 provides fulfillment services to a number of distributors – including ACD Distributors and Alliance Game Distributors. “Our products will receive much more attention this way, and hopefully make their way into even more fans’ hands,” Thomson added.

Beginning with the March 2011 solicitation cycle, 4 Winds first two releases will be made available to distributors through Studio 2 Publishing. The Book of Arcane Magic and The Book of Divine Magic have been popular supplements for Paizo Publishing, LLC’s Pathfinder Roleplaying Game without distribution by any of the major distributors. 4 Winds hopes to expand upon the success of those two books with this new partnership.

“This new partnership with Studio 2 Publishing will in no way impact our existing print sales at Indie Press Revolution or Paizo.com,” said Thomson. “Our books will continue to be offered through IPR and Paizo, as well as our Lulu storefront.” There may be a brief unavailability of 4 Winds titles at Amazon.com as Studio 2 Publishing takes over the handling of supplying 4 Winds products to Amazon.

In addition to offering their existing titles through Studio 2 Publishing, all of 4 Winds’ upcoming products will also be made available through them. “We are revamping our release schedule slightly to adjust to the new partnership,” Thomson said. “But you can still expect to see Tome of Monsters, Deus ex Historica – our first product supporting Green Ronin’s Mutants & Masterminds 3rd Edition, and our original game system Exploding Aces in 2011, along with several other print titles.”

For more information on 4 Winds Fantasy Gaming, go to 4 Winds Fantasy Gaming - Home or contact Robert Thomson at 4WindsFantasyGaming@gmail.com or (406) 868-9260.

For more information on Studio 2 Publishing go to Studio 2 Publishing or contact Jim Searcy at jims@studio2publishing.com or (867) 637-0616.

Green Ronin, Mutants & Masterminds, and M&M are all property of Green Ronin and used by permission.

Pathfinder and associated marks and logos are trademarks of Paizo Publishing, LLC, and are used under license. See paizo.com/pathfinderRPG for more information on the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game.

The Book of Arcane Magic, The Book of Divine Magic, Tome of Monsters, Deus ex Historica, and Exploding Aces are all copyright 2009-2011 4 Winds Fantasy Gaming. All rights reserved.

ABOUT 4 WINDS FANTASY GAMING
4 Winds Fantasy Gaming is a Great Falls, MT, USA-based roleplaying game publisher, formed in March 2009. The co-owners of the company, Connie & Robert Thomson, have over 40 years combined experience as gamers in tabletop roleplaying games and are using that experience to bring quality new material to the hobby. Connie & Robert have made their home in Great Falls, MT since May 2004. Connie is originally from McClusky, North Dakota and Robert is originally from Etowah, Tennessee.

ABOUT STUDIO 2 PUBLISHING
Studio 2 is really three different companies in one.

First and foremost, Studio 2 is a sales/marketing and fulfillment service for other companies that need those services. Sales and marketing includes all efforts to get your product to the marketplace and maximize your sales potential. Studio 2 sells globally and covers many different marketplaces, from small market "Mom and Pop" stores to book trade to mass and global marketplaces, and even the exploding internet sales market. Studio 2 can offer many different levels of sales and marketing services for companies that have very specific needs. Along with sales and marketing, Studio 2 has fulfillment services that can be adjusted to specific needs as well. Warehousing, shipping, logistics, invoicing, accounting and collections are some of the services that Studio 2 provides within the framework of the fulfillment end our business.

Secondly, Studio 2 is a publisher in the traditional sense of the word. We are looking for partners that have a need to get their product to the marketplace and don't have the resources to get the product produced. With our experience in print and part buying, Studio 2 can get virtually any product made, leaving your company to do what it does best - create. Let Studio 2 take care of printing, manufacturing, shipping, invoicing, and collecting for your creation. In return, Studio 2 will send off a detailed accounting along with payment making it as easy as possible for the part of business that is the hardest to accomplish for many companies.

Finally, Studio 2 is a manufacturer itself, creating many exciting new products and bringing them to the marketplace. At this time, Studio 2 is concentrating on producing items for the adventure game market and collectibles market, with games, accessories and specialty items releasing quarterly. Studio 2 also works with some of the most respected names in the industry to produce quality licensed products that exceed marketplace expectations.

-----------------------------

So that's big news for the small gaming publisher I write for. Alliance Game Distributors will really expand our distribution. You might actually start seeing some of our books at your FLGS.

Thanks to the incredible support of way more friends than I expected, and the surprising generosity of many complete strangers the fundraiser I've been helping with to help my sister with my nephew's medical costs has so far raised $769.00. Another friend tells me she's received $200 in direct donations so far, so we're about half way to my goal of $2,000 for my sister!

There was a Halloween dance fundraiser held in my hometown last night that my sister says drew a surprisingly large crowd as well.

So I made dinner for my parents tonight. As a dessert, my plan was to make sticky rice rolls with a sweet (peach-lychee nut-ginger) filling. The filling was too runny, so I couldn't make the rolls. Substitution: rice-balls in a bowl of filling. They were still lyrical for it. Huzzah!

I mentioned in the Rant thread, we had to give up our rat Odin due to our inexperience being able to help him with his behavior problems caused by year-long isolation.

Well, we got a call from the vet today that he's gone to the rat rescue and is getting along really well with the other rats, and though he needs time to adjust to humans, get over an infection, and be accepted with the rat colony they have, he seems happy experiencing the adult rats and learning from them. We knew he was smart, but it's showing in how quickly he's adapting.

I have currently returned to school in order to finish the little bit of high schooling I stupidly just stopped going for. I started in September and had a math and an english class to do. Today, I finished the last project for my math class, two months ahead of schedule.

Now, it was by no means difficult math but I had gone ahead of what was being taught in class pretty much at the start and managed to complete the text-book and all projects essentially without any teaching or prodding. This, I feel, is a big step for me as when I was in school before getting me to do homework or any work really was like pulling teeth. It was never that I didn't understand or was incapable of doing the work, I had never really felt the drive or desire to do it.

Ultimately I'm doing this so that I can finally go to school for something I've always wanted to, animation. Just feels like I've got one step closer at this point and I am pretty stoked right now. :D

My time in California has been really incredibly amazing.

I think I want to live here now. I know for certain that it's going to be tough to leave.

Agonizingly hard no joke.

I have currently returned to school in order to finish the little bit of high schooling I stupidly just stopped going for. I started in September and had a math and an english class to do. Today, I finished the last project for my math class, two months ahead of schedule.

Now, it was by no means difficult math but I had gone ahead of what was being taught in class pretty much at the start and managed to complete the text-book and all projects essentially without any teaching or prodding. This, I feel, is a big step for me as when I was in school before getting me to do homework or any work really was like pulling teeth. It was never that I didn't understand or was incapable of doing the work, I had never really felt the drive or desire to do it.

Ultimately I'm doing this so that I can finally go to school for something I've always wanted to, animation. Just feels like I've got one step closer at this point and I am pretty stoked right now. :D
I am very glad to hear that you went back. I hope you keep that drive for what ever lies ahead.

fade

Staff member
My time in California has been really incredibly amazing.

I think I want to live here now. I know for certain that it's going to be tough to leave.

Agonizingly hard no joke.
I had the same experience with Boston. I loved it, but I was only there for a post-doc. I hated leaving with a passion, but with professorships, you go where the rare jobs are. I couldn't bear seeing it recede out of the rear window. I feel your pain. Hope you can find a way to stay.

The financial aid check I got a few weeks ago? Turns out that it's one check... of THREE that I'll be receiving... which, in turn, will be overall HALF of what I'm getting total over this semester and Spring.

All in all I'm basically getting paid $5000 to keep showing up and not fail my classes. I'm not sure what I did to suddenly qualify for it, but hell yes.

M

makare

I mentioned in the Rant thread, we had to give up our rat Odin due to our inexperience being able to help him with his behavior problems caused by year-long isolation.

Well, we got a call from the vet today that he's gone to the rat rescue and is getting along really well with the other rats, and though he needs time to adjust to humans, get over an infection, and be accepted with the rat colony they have, he seems happy experiencing the adult rats and learning from them. We knew he was smart, but it's showing in how quickly he's adapting.
That's great to hear. I was wondering how that was going to turn out.

C

Chazwozel

For every one rat they rescue, I CO2 and dissect a hundred.

muahhahahahhahahaahhahhahahahahaahahhaha SCIENCE!

For every one rat they rescue, I CO2 and dissect a hundred.

muahhahahahhahahaahhahhahahahahaahahhaha SCIENCE![/QUOTE]

And I've killed pest rats, blah blah blah. Those rats weren't my Odin boy.

Though to clarify, they aren't rescuing rats from feeding pits and labs; they rescue rats intended as pets from situations. We didn't mistreat Odin, but we weren't ready to take care of one with his kind of problems. These two are experts, so I'm happy he's in good hands.

Our two other rats are doing good--more our skill level, being babies--and we saw their four brothers at the pet store. Hopefully they find good homes too.

C

Chazwozel

I hate Christmas.

Thanksgiving is more what Christmas is supposed to be.

M

makare

Christmas is what people make it. If you make it about family and enjoying the holiday that is what it is.

To alot of people Thanksgiving is just a day to eat a lot and watch football. That isn't all that meaningful either.

C

Chazwozel

Christmas is what people make it. If you make it about family and enjoying the holiday that is what it is.

To alot of people Thanksgiving is just a day to eat a lot and watch football. That isn't all that meaningful either.

Christmas is over commercialized to the point where if you make it anything other than buying presents for everyone, you're considered a cheap ass. Face it, you can't have Christmas without presents. It's been rooted into our mindset that way since the 1930's.

Thanksgiving does what Christmas is supposed to do: bring family and friends together to break bread and enjoy each others' company without the need to buy garbage for each other.

The fundraiser I've been helping to organize for my nephew is starting to look really promising.

I put up a few flyers at the school two nights ago, and a friend saw them, photocopied one and put up A whole bunch more. Suddenly people are coming out of the woodwork to offer up monetary donations, item donations, and support.

I can't believe how much support this has garnered. I'm getting help from friends I didn't even realize I had.

---------- Post added at 03:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 AM ----------

Christmas is over commercialized to the point where if you make it anything other than buying presents for everyone, you're considered a cheap ass. Face it, you can't have Christmas without presents. It's been rooted into our mindset that way since the 1930's.

Thanksgiving does what Christmas is supposed to do: bring family and friends together to break bread and enjoy each others' company without the need to buy garbage for each other.[/QUOTE]

My family's had Christmas without presents for 4 or 5 years running now. Its basically a second Thanksgiving for us.

M

makare

I guess we just have different Christmas experiences.

To me Christmas is mostly about getting together with family and eating my moms never ending flow of candy woot and watching Christmas movies. And decorating the tree! EEEE Im so excited. I love seeing all the ornaments we've had since I was little. All the memories!

Christmas lights all over town. Oh and the Christmas trees at the Capital.

Robin and I are already scheduling our yearly Christmas movie watching. I am tweaking out for Christmas.

And you know what, I love gift giving. I'm not ashamed of that. I love picking out the perfect present and wrapping it in beautiful paper with long ribbons on it. Even though my cats always steal the ribbons before Christmas. Even that is awesome.

Cajungal

Staff member
I agree that Christmas is what you make it... But this season gets to me too. All the commercials and overplayed pop Christmas hits kind of make me feel Grinchy. And the shopping. God, the shopping. I hate stores this time of year. Christmas day makes it all worth it, though... Whole family in one house having all the great conversations we mean to have more often... Til way past midnight. Plus I get to make pie!

Cajungal

Staff member
I'm on my way to see Video Games Live right now! How'd I get the tickets? A gift from my mentor teacher and her family! I couldn't be more thrilled!

Walking to work fucking rules so hard. It's the best thing. I save so much time, so much money in gas, I can go home and take a nap during lunch. It's the best. I also am loving Houston more with each day.

R

rabbitgod

My family's had Christmas without presents for 4 or 5 years running now. Its basically a second Thanksgiving for us.
We've started doing that too. My extended family was really weirded out about it at first, but I like it.

Unfortunately my wife's family really likes to kill every holiday. Each one takes days and days.

fade

Staff member
Chaz, we usually agree, but here we don't. I love Christmastime. In fact, I always had a love-hate relationship with the presents, even when I was a kid. Because those meant the end of the season. It's always been more about the good feeling, and people actually liking each other for a change.

And it begins on Labor Day!

I guess I'll be posting in this thread when I get all my shopping finished. Should be soon once my sisters tell me what they want.