The EPIC WIN Thread 3: SON OF EPIC

So, if you have followed the Kickstarter page, you'll note a while back that I backed the Onyx the Fortuitous ("Weird Satanist Guy") for his new movie. I backed at a high level, so you'll get to see my name on a gravestone.

He just announced the cast, and it's amazing. I couldn't be more stoked!
  • Jeffrey Combs! (The Frighteners, ReAnimator, and more!)
  • Olivia Taylor Dudley! (The Magicians)
  • Rivkah Reyes (School of Rock)
  • T.C. Carson (Living Single and voice of Mace Windu in Clone Wars)
  • Melanie Chandra (Code Black)
  • Arden Myrin (Insatiable, Grey's Anatomy, Orange is the New Black)
  • and, of course, himself.
I'm so much excited for the first two..they're a couple of my favorite actors--but the rest of the cast looks pretty solid to me as well. So stoked!
Merch rewards have started shipping...
1681156554854.png

TIL Dill is around the same height as me. :D
"Yeah, I'm five foot nothing. But I'm taller if you count the ears, dammit!"

Also, I realized while admiring the pic that my girlfriend misspelled Dilbert as Dillbert, with two L's.

I told her it'd be canon that the NBPD purposefully misspelled it just to piss off Dill.

Work is sending me to Dublin at the end of June, just back from Vegas last week. It makes 0 sense to ship us around the world just to make quotes for sales people in person at our conferences but I'm not arguing with them. Gonna try to swing an extra week, I have more than enough vacation time to do it. They aren't picky about when they fly us, just that it stays within a specific budget.

Work is sending me to Dublin at the end of June, just back from Vegas last week. It makes 0 sense to ship us around the world just to make quotes for sales people in person at our conferences but I'm not arguing with them. Gonna try to swing an extra week, I have more than enough vacation time to do it. They aren't picky about when they fly us, just that it stays within a specific budget.
Sounds like you're going Far and wide for your job!:problemo:

I've officially graduated with my doctorate!!! The service was last night, and I'm glad I flew out for it. It was hot, and long, but worth it. I also got more folks interested in my research, and someone else offered to put me in touch with publishers.

There was also a lunch hosted by the school yesterday, and I was chatting with the Dean of one of the other colleges that I had applied for a very part time development officer type job at. He then brought over the person who I would be reporting to and we had a chat (which I later called an impromptu interview). Anyways, after convocation last night, I was offered the job! So between that and the two other interviews next week (that both got set up since being away), maybe I will find a job quickly.

after convocation last night, I was offered the job! So between that and the two other interviews next week (that both got set up since being away), maybe I will find a job quickly.
Was expecting, "I'm going to Disney World!" but what with how Florida is these days, your option is probably better.

--Patrick

I've officially graduated with my doctorate!!! The service was last night, and I'm glad I flew out for it. It was hot, and long, but worth it. I also got more folks interested in my research, and someone else offered to put me in touch with publishers.

There was also a lunch hosted by the school yesterday, and I was chatting with the Dean of one of the other colleges that I had applied for a very part time development officer type job at. He then brought over the person who I would be reporting to and we had a chat (which I later called an impromptu interview). Anyways, after convocation last night, I was offered the job! So between that and the two other interviews next week (that both got set up since being away), maybe I will find a job quickly.
Dispose of the "Sorry for the TPK" cake, bring out the "Congratulations on the new job cake!"

It stormed here massively today which seems to be FINALLY putting down the remaining local fires and has cleaned the air a great deal of the smoke that had been plaguing us for weeks now. It feels good to breath air outside again.
It's the same here. It's been non-stop light rain since Friday. The rest of the week is more rain.

On the one hand, it's bad timing because I have a 6-day vacation starting tomorrow. I was hoping to get a lot of biking in and that probably won't happen now.

On the other hand, it means relief for all the firefighters and hopefully the end of the wildfires. And that takes precedence over my need to go biking.

(Also, I don't know what happened, but I originally wrote this reply to a post you made in the Random Crap thread. I don't know if it was a glitch or I wasn't paying attention.)

I haven't been posting as much recently, but I've been doing good.

Financially, I'm still poor as fuck. But emotionally, I've never been better.

My girlfriend has brought me a sense of self-worth, love, and peace I've never felt before or thought possible. And it only grows as time has passed.

I've never felt this consistently happy in my life. It is such a strange but wonderful thing.

Hot damn! I just got a new employee discount: I'm now getting 1 GB internet (940 mbps download speeds) for $59.95 a month.

I was on a plan at almost a third of that speed (350 mbps download) for $69.95.

So ten bucks less AND three times faster internet. :D

Not that I really need that speed for just myself, but still, that's pretty damn good news.

I had an extremely rare opportunity to purchase something I've wanted for a long time present itself, and I ended up deciding I would be more angry at myself for letting it pass than I would regret taking it. There aren't a ton here who will care about this but I'm really excited to have bought this:
IMG_7187.jpeg

Well, can I just say that my birthday this year has been WAY better than last year's?

Maryse got me/us tickets to see the Adams Family musical in Montreal in November and the Newleaf expansion for Everdell, and my in-laws got me a $100 gift card for L'As des jeux, our friendly local board gam store. Stoked!

Also, she's feeling really good! The swelling in her face (brought on by the hormone therapy) has shrunk SIGNIFICANTLY, especially over the last, like, week. Tomorrow, we're getting the results from her bone scintigraphy. We're a bit stressed out, of course, but confident. Things are going super well.

Well, can I just say that my birthday this year has been WAY better than last year's?

Maryse got me/us tickets to see the Adams Family musical in Montreal in November and the Newleaf expansion for Everdell, and my in-laws got me a $100 gift card for L'As des jeux, our friendly local board gam store. Stoked!

Also, she's feeling really good! The swelling in her face (brought on by the hormone therapy) has shrunk SIGNIFICANTLY, especially over the last, like, week. Tomorrow, we're getting the results from her bone scintigraphy. We're a bit stressed out, of course, but confident. Things are going super well.
I've seen this. It's a pretty good show and Fester's number is wild. Highly recommend.