The EPIC WIN Thread 3: SON OF EPIC

fade

Staff member
Shame they couldn't have waited for the full Haswell rollout.
Of course, if this means they got a sweet deal on some freshly-discounted tech, then more power to 'em.

--Patrick

We had this conversation, actually. But it's just my local development station. For production, I move my code onto our cluster.

fade

Staff member
Wow, I was just handed a bonus, too. My last code made the company quite a bit of money, and I did it in a time crunch. What a day.

fade

Staff member
Okay.

You know that scene in Hot Shots where the guy starts having a really good day, and you know he's going to die? I feel like that guy right now. I just won the company naming contest for a new product, and I got an iPad Mini.

Okay.

You know that scene in Hot Shots where the guy starts having a really good day, and you know he's going to die? I feel like that guy right now. I just won the company naming contest for a new product, and I got an iPad Mini.

Surely you can wait until tomorrow to sign your life insurance papers.

And with that... my semester is over, and I am forever DONE with community college! On to University, a bachelor's degree... and... $28,000 of debt... maybe not so epic? -_-

And with that... my semester is over, and I am forever DONE with community college! On to University, a bachelor's degree... and... $28,000 of debt... maybe not so epic? -_-
I'm only halfway into my second semester at community college. I envy you.

Yeah but now I don't have to deal with 2 hour bridge traffic. Not to mention school in missouri. Not to mention STOP RAINING ON MY PARADE!!!

I have just learned of the existence of Aleve. An over the counter painkiller that helps my back pain and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

It's a good day.

Be careful with it's use, and only use it as the instructions say. We have a cousin that is just now getting over side-effects of using it wrong, she almost died. Liver functions failed, kidneys shut down and a few other things. She managed to pull through, but thought we were going to lose her for a couple of months. It is good stuff, but follow the directions.

Be careful with it's use, and only use it as the instructions say. We have a cousin that is just now getting over side-effects of using it wrong, she almost died. Liver functions failed, kidneys shut down and a few other things. She managed to pull through, but thought we were going to lose her for a couple of months. It is good stuff, but follow the directions.
My liver's got seven lobes. I've got two kidneys.

BRING IT

Please be careful mixing NSAIDs and another pain meds. There is a daily maximum amount of anti-inflammatories that is safe to use. Aleve is non-prescription strength Naproxyn and its strong and can have scary side effects when used incorrectly or for long periods of time.

My epic win today...got a super cute paw print tattoo at a charity event for a local shelter today :)

Arran Island
Arran Malt 58.3%

Highland
Ardmore
Dalwhinnie 15 yr
Glenmorangie 10 yr
Glenmorangie Sherry Wood Finish
Macallan 12 yr
Oban 14 yr

Islay Island
Ardbeg 10 yr
Bowmore 12 yr
Bruichladdich Rocks
Lagavulin 16 yr
Laphroig 10 yr
Strathisla 12 yr

Isle of Jura
Isle of Jura 10 yr
Jura Superstition

Lowland
Auchentoshan 10 yr
Auchentoshan Three Wood

Orkney Island

Skye Island
Talisker 10 yr

Speyside
Cardhu 12 yr
Glenlivet 12 yr
Glen Moray
Old Pulteney 12 yr
Singleton 12 yr
Blended Scotch
Te Bheag

Vatted Scotch
Johnnie Walker Green

Single Grain Scotch
Blackbarrel

Other Whisky
Canadian
Wiser’s Very Old 18 yr

Irish
Jameson 12 yr

American

Japanese

It's been a lot of hard work, but I'm getting there, slowly but surely.

Today. Just today. All of it. From hundreds of drool-worthy cars at the Motor Muster, to the unexpected pleasure of real old-time base ball (as in 1867 rules), to a kick-ass shawarma at Al-Ameer. The hotel room has wifi and HDTV and all the channels I need to geek out with tonight.

Incredible Father's Day. I'm back to work at a job I'm going to love, I already made a few friends at said job, the wife made a delicious dinner, and my baby crawled towards me for the first time and pulled me into a hug. :) It took some time, but life is GOOD.

GasBandit

Staff member
I don't usually read this thread (because I hate you guys and hate to see you happy), but since I was paged...

I've been intentionally vague about what part of Texas I live in. But one person knows, I'm pretty sure. Also pretty sure he won't rat me out.