The Great Game Giveaway!

I have tried several and hated them all. You're micro-managing one part of the map and suddenly you realize the computer opponent (who somehow builds stuff 2x faster than me) has overrun a base or objective or whatever. Meh. Give me turn based and I'm happy.
Rise of Nations has a pause button that still allows you to issue orders, look around the map, etc. It's one of the reasons it's one of the few """"R""""TS games I've bothered playing (I have a very one-track mind). That and the genius/amazing/ohmygodyes campaign mode that is basically a Risk game but with the fighting resolved as battles.

Rise of Nations is sort of what you'd get if Civilization and Age of Empires had a baby. I remember playing the hell out of it back in the day, but I remember a lot of the nations feelings very samey. I also remember having fun though.

Unlike the Age of Mythology Expanded Edition, whose Chinese campaign has no fucking chill and is blisteringly hard on even the easiest difficulty.

Last edited:

Dave

Staff member
I got the Humble Monthly this month and just am not interested in any of the three they offer. So I have the following to give:
  • Hearts of Iron IV
  • Blackwake
  • Portal Knights
All are Steam so if you don't have Steam, you can't have it!

I got the Humble Monthly this month and just am not interested in any of the three they offer. So I have the following to give:
  • Hearts of Iron IV
  • Blackwake
  • Portal Knights
I’ll take Hearts of Iron IV if you really don’t want it.

• Hearts of Iron IV
  • Blackwake
  • Portal Knights
I don't know what portals knights is, but I don't turn down free games

Bought a random steam cd key. Don't know what games it's for, but I already own the game. Here it is, enjoy it whoever gets it first

9MH57-E6KVM-H5FFN

I didn't got it but It's Bedlam. How do you not know what game it was after trying to activate it? Steam ask to install it after telling you already have it.

Oh, I put in the code and then Steam told me it was already activated. No text telling me anything else.

It's probably because I don't own Bedlam.

Dave

Staff member
Yeah I'm going to get it in my October bundle so I'll have one to give too, probably. Not yet, though.

Dave

Staff member
Just got this email. If someone wants it let me know.

CONGRATULATIONS, YOU’VE GOT EARLY ACCESS!
Thank you for being a part of the GeForce Experience Community! As our way of saying thanks, please find below a unique Activision code for one day of Early Access to the Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout PC Open Beta.

The Early Access period for the Blackout PC Open Beta will be live starting, September 14, 2018 at 10 AM PT/5PM GMT on Blizzard Battle.net.

Your one-time use code: ****-*****-****

To redeem your Activision code:
1) Visit www.callofduty.com/pcbeta and sign into your Activision account, or create a free account if you don’t have one.
2) Enter your code, select Battle.net, choose your location, and then hit Submit.
3) You will receive a message indicating that your Beta code was accepted.
4) Your Beta token will be delivered to the email you have provided for your Activision account closer to the Beta start date.
5) Once you receive the Beta token, redeem it on Blizzard Battle.net per the instructions in the email.

We’ll see you in the Blackout PC Open Beta!

Two weeks ago I bought the Castlevania Triple Pack from Green man gaming. and I couldn't redeem Lord of Shadow 2 in my region. Customer support gave me a new key. I don't know if the first key still works, but let me know if someone wants to test it.

I have Assassin's Creed Origins via Humble Bundle Monthly. Zero interest in it. Though, for such a big game, I'd prefer trading it with someone for, say, something on my wishlist? Doesn't have to be some major, AAA, top-priced game in return.

Due to the second Asmodee tabletop bundle, I now have extra Steam keys for:
Splendor
Splendor: The Cities
Splendor: The Strongholds
The Lord of the Rings: Adventure card Games
Love letter
Small World
Small World: Grand Dames
Small World - Be Not Afraid
Small World: Cursed

Free to a good home.

Dave

Staff member
Not really a game per se but a map-making utility for your VTT. If you use Roll20 as a GM this is for you as it allows for easy integration that includes dynamic lighting. It's the bee's knees.

Not really a game per se but a map-making utility for your VTT. If you use Roll20 as a GM this is for you as it allows for easy integration that includes dynamic lighting. It's the bee's knees.

me? Ive been DMing Roll20 stuff with a group of friends for over a year now. Would love an easy map making program!

Due to the second Asmodee tabletop bundle, I now have extra Steam keys for:
Splendor
Splendor: The Cities
Splendor: The Strongholds
The Lord of the Rings: Adventure card Games
Love letter
Small World
Small World: Grand Dames
Small World - Be Not Afraid
Small World: Cursed

Free to a good home.
If they still need a home, I'll take Lord of the Rings and Love Letter.

Anyone here who doesn't already have and wants Monaco? Got (yet) another key for it in the Humble for Ukraine bundle. Just let me know, first come first serve.
May be more games coming, I really don't know by heart which ones I already have and it's far too many keys to add in one go.

figmentPez

Staff member
I grabbed the Humble 2K Megahits Bundle so I can play Borderlands 3 with Kags. I wasn't interested in much else, so I've got a lot if anyone is interested:

• X-COM Complete Pack (that's the classic DOS games)
  • Army Men RTS
  • Hidden & Dangerous: Action Pack
  • Hidden & Dangerous 2: Courage Under Fire
  • CivCity: Rome
  • Duke Nukem Forever Collection
  • Railroad Tycoon II Platinum
  • Railroad Tycoon 3
  • Sid Meier's Railroads!
  • The Golf Club™ 2019 featuring PGA TOUR
  • WWE 2K Battlegrounds + Ultimate Brawlers Pass
  • PGA Tour 2K21
  • Sid Meier's Civilization VI
  • XCOM Ultimate Collection (the modern ones)

Last edited:
I've actually been considering CivCity Rome , I like Roman era city builders... So if noone else wants it, I'd be happy with it :)