The Lego appreciation thread

My wife gave me the Lego Millennium Falcon for Christmas. Unfortunately finding a place to assemble it with a two year old running around is difficult.

My 6 year old daughter is asking for Star Wars Legos, and actually likes to put them together herself (unlike her brother who expects me to do it for him), so I'm thinking after untold decades (ok 2 and a half) of wanting the Millennium Falcon Legos, I may actually have an excuse to spend the money...

Lego fail crane, spoiled for length:
Very cool.

In other news:
Lego decides against producing an official Shaun of the Dead set because " (it) contains content that is not appropriate for our core target audience of children ages 6-11.". (via Lego Cusoo blog)

The Lego Back to the Future project (as seen here) has achieved 10000 supporters and is now officially in the review process. (via Brothers Brick) Maybe this will have better luck getting approval.

R

Raultimate

If there's going to be Spider Man legos, then game over for me. I'd spend all my money on that.
You're not alone. I'm just waiting to happily spend. The MegaBlocks (LEGO wannabe) set is cool, but with Spidey Lego coming out, now it would be unfitting for a fan to get the other one!

I can't link this right now because I'm on my work computer, but at E3 this weekend, they also announced the Lego Lord of the Rings game.

I can't link this right now because I'm on my work computer, but at E3 this weekend, they also announced the Lego Lord of the Rings game.
This has actually been announced for a few weeks now. Apparently they are putting in the dialog and music from the movie, so it'll be the first LEGO Movie game that has talking in it. Kinda hope they can get the actors to do a few gag lines for the game though.

I just got my son the Lego Indiana Jones game. We both love it. He's also a fan of the Star Wars sets and the new Dino sets. Instead of the Millenium Falcon he wants Slave 1.