The Lego appreciation thread

As part of the standard Lego Super Hero sets this year: The Batcave. The 1960's TV Batcave. The minifigure list includes 60's versions of: Batman, Bruce Wayne, Robin, Dick Grayson, Alfred Pennyworth, Catwoman, The Joker, The Penguin, and The Riddler. Estimated release date March 1st.
batcave.jpg

batcave back.jpg

(via Brickset)

Last edited:
Why, helllllo, little Hemsworth lego!

(Yes, I know it's not his first appearance as a Lego. I'm playing Lego Marvel Avengers as we speak.)

(I also fail at technical stuff, like linking albums. Able people feel free to edit, thanks.)

(Just enter the gallery link into the media link in the editor)

Fan creation of the day:
Minifig scale B-25J Mitchell by nelsoma84 and Florida Shooter

Lego news:
Two new Lego Ideas sets announced:
The Beatles Yellow Submarine

&

The Apollo 11 Saturn-V (with capsule and lunar lander)
[evilmike's note: If the set is built to the same scale as the fan submission, it will be the second tallest Lego set, standing roughly 1m tall.]

(via Brickset)

More Lego news:
Lego also announced the year 2 expansions to Lego Dimensions including: Adventure Time, Harry Potter, Mission Impossible, and just about everything from the 1980's.

(via Brickset)

I'm going to need that Yellow Submarine set, like, right now. Actually, tomorrow. Tomorrow would be best. :D

Also, dammit, Dimensions! Stop making me want you!

Wasn't lego dimensions cancelled?

Also, I successfully resisted the temptation to buy the Lego Arocs technic set while it was on sale. Lego has it for $230, Amazon for $200, but during the sale it was $174, which is 16 pieces of lego per dollar, not a bad deal at all.

Don't care much for the arocs itself, but I've always wanted a big pneumatic lego technic set, and this one is impressive, and uses their second generation pneumatic stuff.

Also, I successfully resisted the temptation to buy the Lego Arocs technic set while it was on sale. Lego has it for $230, Amazon for $200, but during the sale it was $174, which is 16 pieces of lego per dollar, not a bad deal at all.

Don't care much for the arocs itself, but I've always wanted a big pneumatic lego technic set, and this one is impressive, and uses their second generation pneumatic stuff.
You're thinking of Disney Infinity.

I think you're thinking of the Lego MMO from a few years back. LEGO Dimensions is the toys-to-screen game in the vein of Skylanders of Disney Infinity. Come to think of it, you might be thinking of Disney Infinity because Disney announced an end to the line a few weeks back.

New release from Lego (via GeekDad, Brickset, Brothers Brick)
  • LEGO 71040: Disney Castle
  • Comes with five minifigures: Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Tinker Bell
  • Ages 16+
  • 4,080 pieces
  • USD $349.99
  • Available direct from shop.LEGO.com on September 1, 2016.
  • Castle measures over 29″ (74cm) high, 17″ (44cm) wide, and 12″ (31cm) deep.

A collaboration between Lego artist Nathan Sawaya and fashion designer Andrew Maclaine worn by Ashley Eckstein, the voice of Ahsoka Tano. The dress includes 10000 Lego bricks. (io9)

Aww, damn. They even made a figure of our dog. DAMN YOU, LEGO! HAVEN'T YOU'VE GOTTEN ENOUGH OF OUR MONEY ALREADY?!

Neat. I had not heard of those before.

Lego currently uses wires with compatible connectors for electrical connections:

They used to use a different contact style that was more integrated with the studs on the bricks, but that hasn't been in use for some time. Not only did they use wired connections, there were also plates with integrated connections:

The clever thing about the plates is that the contacts were designed so that the connections would route properly if the plates were connected at right angles to each other.