The "Like" Button

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Staff member
I could totally do that if people wanted it.
Added at: 10:25
But I did move this to the correct forum.

Thankfully, I actually have an expensive monitor, and getting any kind of finger/knuckle print on it makes me insanely OCD. So yeah.... no.

Dave

Staff member
I wouldn't actually make it a fist. It would be more like just changing the word on the button & stuff like that from "Like" to "Brofist".

Come to think of it, it would need to be updated in a lot of places so would be a pain in the ass.

BananaHands

Staff member
Oh, it wouldn't be that picture. I imagined it just saying "Brofist" instead of "Like".

Maybe along with an image like this?

Or this

And this is what I'm doing at work right now. With my photoshop certification.

GasBandit

Staff member
I marked the excellence of my posts by how many downvotes they got.
Added at: 14:48
also: Respek Knuckles.

Dave

Staff member
The phrase "Like" or "Likes" is used in 114 different templates. To change this so nothing broke I'd have to update each one of them. I like the idea but I don't think it's happening.

They are hard written into the templates? So there's no language subsytem that would allow a forum owner to manage translations without having a new template for each one? Wow. I would have thought they would make that a primary feature from day one.

They are hard written into the templates? So there's no language subsytem that would allow a forum owner to manage translations without having a new template for each one? Wow. I would have thought they would make that a primary feature from day one.
I brofist how you think.

Dave

Staff member
It is a primary function. I could change the wording on the button from "Like" to "Brofist" very easily. But it would still affect stats and everything else that anchors into that, like how many times a person has been liked, or the points given for trophies based on likes.

Status
Not open for further replies.