[TV] The Madness of Men - A Mad Men Thread

Just searching for "Mad Men" returns an error. If there is a dupe thread, feel free to merge.

I had to come here and drop this bombshell on ya:
Don Draper is sleeping with Velma. That's right, Velma. Not Daphne, Velma.

Furthermore...
Did Don even know Megan was pregnant?

Trudy Campbell gets her Crowning Moment of Awesome. For more fun, go back and watch again, but Trudy is now Annie Edison. ;)

I tried watching the show once, years ago, when it was only 2 or 3 seasons old. I made it through about 3 episodes and just didn't feel like going on. It didn't engage me enough.

I tried watching the show once, years ago, when it was only 2 or 3 seasons old. I made it through about 3 episodes and just didn't feel like going on. It didn't engage me enough.
I didn't even start on it until it was already past season 4. Then I OD'd on the first three in the space of about 2 weeks. Still haven't gotten around to watching most of season 4. I got my mom hooked on it just before season 5 started.

This show is consistently one of the best written shows on television. Also, the costuming department for this show is outstanding.

Cajungal

Staff member
RIP Mr. Pryce. I'd spoiler it but I think we're the only ones participating in this.
That episode... killed me. That poor guy, and the way his wife reacted in the end... what did she say? You shouldn't have let him dream? Or something equally horrible and sad?

I can't wait to watch season 6.[DOUBLEPOST=1368038938][/DOUBLEPOST]
I didn't even start on it until it was already past season 4. Then I OD'd on the first three in the space of about 2 weeks. Still haven't gotten around to watching most of season 4. I got my mom hooked on it just before season 5 started.
That's exactly how I got into it. Poor Jake would come home and ask, "Mad Men again tonight?" And I'd say yes and he'd turn on his DS. I don't think he got to play Xbox for 2-3 weeks... (at least not before my bedtime)

Don't feel bad for Sally, feel good for the therapist who will one day be able to buy a boat because of her.

Whoa. Just whoa.

Welcome home, Dick Whitman.

Peggy is now the mistress of all she surveys. While wearing plaid.

I'm never going to look in a jewelry box without hesitating again. :Leyla:

But, yeah, poor Ginzo. He was never wrapped too tight, but I never saw this coming. I'd just assume he was going to quit or get fired at some point.

I'm never going to look in a jewelry box without hesitating again. :Leyla:

But, yeah, poor Ginzo. He was never wrapped too tight, but I never saw this coming. I'd just assume he was going to quit or get fired at some point.
My girlfriend picked up on the clues about Ginsburg two seasons ago. He's had many scenes that set this up and the payoff was perfect. Go back and watch and you'll see that this was foreshadowed for a while.

The minute he handed Peggy the box we both cringed at what might be in it.