[TV] The Madness of Men - A Mad Men Thread

My girlfriend picked up on the clues about Ginsburg two seasons ago. He's had many scenes that set this up and the payoff was perfect. Go back and watch and you'll see that this was foreshadowed for a while.

The minute he handed Peggy the box we both cringed at what might be in it.
I should clarify, I meant that his erratic behavior was going to be his undoing, either fired or quitting. But him
specifically cutting off his own nipple
? Nope. Didn't invision that one.

If your girlfriend predicted that SPECIFIC scenario, I'm worried what you guys do in your spare time that would make you reach that conclusion. :eek:

I don't read lips, and apparently, neither does Ginsburg. Anyone know what Jim and Lou were saying in the computer room?

I should clarify, I meant that his erratic behavior was going to be his undoing, either fired or quitting. But him
specifically cutting off his own nipple
? Nope. Didn't invision that one.

If your girlfriend predicted that SPECIFIC scenario, I'm worried what you guys do in your spare time that would make you reach that conclusion. :eek:
:) LOL no not that specific...

She just picked up on the psychotic break way early. We absolutely did not expect the nipple...

nobody could've expected the nipple. :aaah:

I don't read lips, and apparently, neither does Ginsburg. Anyone know what Jim and Lou were saying in the computer room?
Probably something about the Phillip Morris campaign... which was part of Don's story for the week.

I forgot we had this thread.

Going back a week, I'm really pissed what they did to Joan. Granted, no one took sexual harassment seriously at that point, but that was painful to watch. She deserved better.

Meanwhile, though I'm all out of sympathy for Don,
I'm glad to see he didn't go back to McCann because fuck McCann. Although it's a little late in the season to start a road trip.

Huh.

Okay, instead of a definite ending, they went the "this is the end of our story, but not their's" route. I guess that makes sense, since it's more like real life. I kinda wish Peggy had teamed up with Joan, but in my head canon, they do later down the road. I'm not sure how I feel about Pete's happy ending because he was always such a weasel, but who knows if happiness really lasted for him. I do love Ken's line: "Eddie's a little weird. We think there's something wrong with him." *smirk*

As for Don... I don't know how to feel about Don, or whether he's really turning over a new leaf. He's "restarted" himself so many times, and still falls back into his old habits. I do agree with Sally and Betty that he shouldn't take the boys, but I hope he finds a way to be a better part of their lives.

Pete and Trudy haven't landed in Wichita yet, so don't call it "happy" right away. ;)
I was hoping Peggy was going to accept Joan's offer and take Stan with her. But still, Steggy happened.
Roger still gets the best scenes, trying to exit the bedroom with at least a tiny sliver of dignity. *stompstompstomp*

On paper, Roger is a terrible person, kinda like Don, but John Slattery makes him so entertaining it's easy to forget that. He steals all his scenes. I'm going to miss that.