[Webcomic] The Order of the Stick thread

So is this situation going to start out bad and somehow make things better in the end, or is Durkon just too naive for his own good?

Dave

Staff member
Wouldn't it be amazing if the whole tangle arch was closed out by something other than an epic battle?

I'm just waiting for the snarl to somehow merge with Xykon and become the tangle, because...

...it takes two to tangle?

I hate the fact that I literally cannot see the new pages unless I go through your links - my cache or DNS or whatever is slower than yours, and going to the main page still brings up last week's page for me, and will for a few more hours. Booooh!

That said, yeah, I agree with Redcloak...And putting it to him the way Durkon did was...Not the smartest piece of diplomacy ever.

I hate the fact that I literally cannot see the new pages unless I go through your links - my cache or DNS or whatever is slower than yours, and going to the main page still brings up last week's page for me, and will for a few more hours. Booooh!

That said, yeah, I agree with Redcloak...And putting it to him the way Durkon did was...Not the smartest piece of diplomacy ever.
Rich tends to update Twitter with the link when the new comic is posted, that's usually how I find out it updated. You could try that.

I just had a thought... with the recent rumblings at Wizards that they are going to do away with the Race rules as they currently exist (probably to replace them with Ancestry and Culture rules inspired by Ancestry & Culture or Pathfinder 2E), I wonder if Redcloak could reflect that and simply come to the table and go "No more of this 'Always Evil' bullshit. No more of this 'Monsterous' malarky. Fuck your stereotypes, we're changing it all!"

Well... this was bound to go horribly right from the beginning.

BTW, the spell is pretty nasty. Specially considering Red Cloak's caster level.

IMPLOSION
Casting Time
1 standard action

Components V, S

Range close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)

Target one corporeal creature/round

Duration concentration (up to 1 round per 2 levels)

Saving Throw Fortitude negates; Spell Resistance yes

This spell causes a destructive resonance in a corporeal creature's body. Each round you concentrate (including the first), you can cause one creature to collapse in on itself, inflicting 10 points of damage per caster level. If you break concentration, the spell immediately ends, though any implosions that have already happened remain in effect. You can target a particular creature only once with each casting of the spell. Implosion has no effect on creatures in gaseous form or on incorporeal creatures.

Last edited:
So he's just dead.
He should be, but previous se of Implosion saw instant death, so his reshaping seems to imply he survived the first round - let's assume spell resistance or will save. Which would be lucky....I'm expecting him to be recalled/teleported away just before it's Death, though. The whole ressurection arc is too big to see it end like this.
Alternatively, raising their Cleric again could become a thing for the OOTS, and could lead to Thor giving some more tips on how NOT to interpret his words.

Did anyone else think for a moment that the last panel two panels was were going to be "...NUTS!"

--Patrick

Last edited:
I know he's right. Just trying to remember the specifics. I know Red Cloak killed his own brother for certain in one of the prequel books.
Probably referencing the goblins killed in the war fought to get to this point and/or what will happen to them should the Snarl get released