Okay, so I hate Apple. Not because I hate their products but because, well, I hate the company. My old phone would hold a charge for about 20 minutes. I could really only use it when it was plugged in. So I was basically forced to get a new phone. And Apple sucks because one of the things they LOOOOOVE to do is take away functionality that is pretty standard on phones and replace it with items they can sell at a fucking HUGELY inflated price. And these items tend to be shoddy pieces of crap that break. I'm talking about the removal of the headphone jack, of course. So the only way I can listen to music is to use bluetooth headphones. I'm NOT going to buy Apple ones because fuck them guys, so I went on Amazon looking at bluetooth headphones.

The whole point of this post - besides shitting on Apple and everything they are and stand for - is that the item I looked at had 4564 reviews and was HIGHLY rated. Now, I know what you're going to say about Amazon's reviews and I agree, but 4564 reviews would be a LOT to fake so I grudgingly trust them. That is, until I started reading them. Look at the reviews and tell me what the fuck is going on.

Amazon product
This is a Chinese bot posting. In fact you can probably find the same earbuds on Ali Express.

Look at the reviews and tell me what the fuck is going on.
I thought about that but then I can't listen & charge. Fucking Apple. :)
Belkin also makes a pair of products for this. One has two lightning ports and the other has one lightning and one headphone.

--Patrick

Last edited:
Okay, so I hate Apple. Not because I hate their products but because, well, I hate the company. My old phone would hold a charge for about 20 minutes. I could really only use it when it was plugged in. So I was basically forced to get a new phone. And Apple sucks because one of the things they LOOOOOVE to do is take away functionality that is pretty standard on phones and replace it with items they can sell at a fucking HUGELY inflated price. And these items tend to be shoddy pieces of crap that break. I'm talking about the removal of the headphone jack, of course. So the only way I can listen to music is to use bluetooth headphones. I'm NOT going to buy Apple ones because fuck them guys, so I went on Amazon looking at bluetooth headphones.

The whole point of this post - besides shitting on Apple and everything they are and stand for - is that the item I looked at had 4564 reviews and was HIGHLY rated. Now, I know what you're going to say about Amazon's reviews and I agree, but 4564 reviews would be a LOT to fake so I grudgingly trust them. That is, until I started reading them. Look at the reviews and tell me what the fuck is going on.

Amazon product
Scammers will put up an item that is decent, and gets good reviews, but has little profit margin. Once it gets enough reviews, they'll swap it out with new photos, new descriptions, and new pricing for a completely different item that's cheap crap with a high profit margin. Since they simply changed the existing item, they keep the item number and the reviews.

They know most people will just look at the number, and not bother to read the actual reviews.

Dave

Staff member
I'm almost always on the go when listening to something from my phone, so I don't like having something bulky attached to the end. Do you mostly listen from your desk/bed/etc.?
I just got a gym membership and wanted to listen while I worked out. But I also wanted to use it while DJing which requires the physical plug and possibly have to charge it simultaneously. I know I’ll probably still have to get BT earbuds for the gym, but I really need the dual inputs for DJing.

The lady who sold my parents our house knocked on our door to tell me she, her daughter, and her friend were hanging out at the lot next door, and DURING the conversation she actually said "I'm not sure if you remember me"...I have had at least TWENTY conversations with her, and see her slow-driving around my house EVERY week, OF COURSE I remember her!

My other issue with this is because *HE* is convinced he can do this, *I'M* getting dragged into it. I've been pulling ugly, fleshy-pink tiles off the walls.

I hate this project already.

Hey, now I get to be on the sending end instead of the recieving end!

(Editted because I hate when a photo seems small on my phone, and it's giant elsewhere.)

Last edited:
My supervisor appears to be engaged in some malicious compliance.

Our company has a Shanghai branch. Sometimes if the Shanghai branch can't handle a translation case, for example they don't have enough manpower or the deadline is too tight, they'll pass it over to us at the Taipei branch. We'll ask them when the deadline is, and take the case if we can.

Unfortunately, there's a project manager over at the Shanghai branch who always wants cases handed in before the deadline if possible, and will harangue the PMs over here in the Taipei branch, asking for updates on the case and requesting the case to be completed early if possible. This creates problems for my supervisor, because she arranges our caseloads based on the deadlines and wordcounts she has on paper. In other words, if a case has a deadline of 5pm today, but the Shanghai PM actually wants it at noon, then the translator and/or editor might need to sacrifice some of their cases in the morning in order to complete this particular case by noon, despite it having a deadline of 5pm.

My supervisor has apparently been trying to remind the Shanghai PM to give firm deadlines. Today we got a case passed over to us, and I was tasked with completing it. It's a tiny case, one that would literally take me 2 minutes to do. The deadline given by the Shanghai PM was 6pm today, but the PM literally started asking for updates on the case at 10am, and approximately once every hour after that. So my supervisor told me that since 6pm was the deadline set by the Shanghai PM, then 6pm is when we'll hand in the case.

I was all like, "Yes, ma'am, I will browse Reddit until 5:58 this afternoon!"

Is adding hour upon hour of local news *really* that much cheaper than syndicated programming? Whatever happened to the days of reruns of Welcome Back Kotter, WKRP, and an hour of M*A*S*H before the SIX O'CLOCK news?

Is adding hour upon hour of local news *really* that much cheaper than syndicated programming? Whatever happened to the days of reruns of Welcome Back Kotter, WKRP, and an hour of M*A*S*H before the SIX O'CLOCK news?
I know here in Columbus we get syndicated stuff like Steve Wilkos or Big Bang Theory in those slots still, but I wouldn't be surprised if they've moved their older material to digital substations or have those stations broadcasting as Comet, Heroes and Icons, or MeTV, all of which natively play older material for older audiences.