Which may have started the conversation, but Jim Steinmann wrote the song, not Meatloaf, and he literally answered the question at the end of the song:
"I know the territory, I've been around
It'll all turn to dust and we'll all fall down
Sooner or later you'll be screwing around
I won't do that
No, I won't do that"

Pegging or not, within the context of the song he said he's not going to screw her over just to get laid. It's a sort-of bookend to "Paradise By the Dashboard Light", where the dude will promise the girl anything if she lets him finish.

If, when I get adverts before Youtube videos, I watch the ones with female mobile game characters in skimpy outfits all the way to the end, and skip all the other ads, will some algorithm or another eventually learn to just give me ads with female mobile game characters in skimpy outfits?

I had a doctor's appointment today and my doctor is only like a 40 minute walk from my house so I decided to walk. It's also about 4000 degrees outside this week so I wore shorts and a tank top because fuck you it's hot. By the time I got there, I was actually way sweatier than I thought I would be. So I'm sitting in the office wearing my mask and this super cute (I ASSUME by how pretty her eyes were) lady walks in and sits across the room from me. I notice she keeps stealing looks at me and every time I catch her she looks away, looking a little embarrassed. Now, my eyes are easily my prettiest feature, I think and I'm a little glisteining with sweat, showing off my kick ass legs so who could blame her.

I'm getting to the point.

FUCK THIS STUPID FUCKING PANDEMIC, I WANT TO MEET NEW PEOPLE WHO FIND ME ATTRACTIVE IN PLACES OTHER THAN A FUCKING DOCTOR'S OFFICE, THE LITERAL WORST PLACE TO MEET PEOPLE.

I HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE THIS. FUUUCK.

I had a doctor's appointment today and my doctor is only like a 40 minute walk from my house so I decided to walk. It's also about 4000 degrees outside this week so I wore shorts and a tank top because fuck you it's hot. By the time I got there, I was actually way sweatier than I thought I would be. So I'm sitting in the office wearing my mask and this super cute (I ASSUME by how pretty her eyes were) lady walks in and sits across the room from me. I notice she keeps stealing looks at me and every time I catch her she looks away, looking a little embarrassed. Now, my eyes are easily my prettiest feature, I think and I'm a little glisteining with sweat, showing off my kick ass legs so who could blame her.

FUCK THIS STUPID FUCKING PANDEMIC, I WANT TO MEET NEW PEOPLE WHO FIND ME ATTRACTIVE IN PLACES OTHER THAN A FUCKING DOCTOR'S OFFICE, THE LITERAL WORST PLACE TO MEET PEOPLE.

Maybe you were sweating through your tank top and she could see your nipples.

Now, now, depending on the reason she's at the doctor's office, you might be skipping surprises that aren't revealed until the 3rd or 4th date. This is efficiency!

Which may have started the conversation, but Jim Steinmann wrote the song, not Meatloaf, and he literally answered the question at the end of the song:
"I know the territory, I've been around
It'll all turn to dust and we'll all fall down
Sooner or later you'll be screwing around
I won't do that
No, I won't do that"

Pegging or not, within the context of the song he said he's not going to screw her over just to get laid. It's a sort-of bookend to "Paradise By the Dashboard Light", where the dude will promise the girl anything if she lets him finish.
I'll concede the argument. Meatloaf's given different explanations over various times, and one of them matches your argument.

It could be that he's just tired of the question, and gives silly answers from time to time ;)

Just spend an hour trying to unclog my kitchen sink. Unmounted the PVC piping below my sink, but besides some gunk on the walls of the pipe, nothing was obstructing the flow. So it has to be the drain pipe inside the wall. Boiled 20l water dumped baking soda and vinegar down the drain and then around 3l of boiling water. Repeated it till the water drained witout issue.

Didnt have any drain cleaner at home, so I had to resort to more traditional methods.

figmentPez

Staff member
I just spent like an hour wondering if laser etching could one day replace hair dye, and Googling to see what I could find (it's kinda freaking cool that you can laser engrave color into steel and titanium). Like, in some sci-fi future where robotics are speedy and delicate enough to expose each strand of hair individually, could you laser etch some sort of wave interference / holographic / diffraction grating color into the surface of the hair to produce color? And, would this result in a longer-lasting or less toxic alternative to hair dye? or possibly even make colors/effects that are impossible with dye? I dunno, but I hope someone with the right background and access to equipment is working on it.

EDIT: and the Googling rabbit hole goes deeper with this interesting, but not fully relevant find:

If I weren't daunted by the idea of tempering chocolate, I'd totally buy some of diffraction grating film so I could make shiny rainbow chocolate.

Last edited:
I would expect it would not work out the way you want. The structure of a hair’s surface (called the “cuticle”) is not smooth like a drinking straw or segmented like bamboo, it is instead made of overlapping scaly bits much like the trunk of a palm tree.

This does lead to some other interesting possibilities, though, since while your theoretical technology might not be able to etch diffraction patterns into such an uneven surface, it might instead be able to graft/splice together individual hairs in literal hair extensions for when you want to get your Haley on, and then paint each individual strand of hair with what would basically amount to nail polish in whatever shade (or combination of shades) you want.

Then, once you have a smooth, glossy layer of shellac coating each strand, I suppose you could etch that. :)

—Patrick

Up until a week ago, the weather forecast for my wedding day was "25° and slightly overcast", which, you know, perfect.
Now, it's "third day of a heat wave, probably the hottest day of the year, expect temperatures well over 37°, take precautions" (that's 100+° for you weirdos on the wrong side of the pond).
I'm going to look mighty fine as a molten puddle in my three-piece suit!

When one of my best friends got married on a day like that 16 years or so ago, I was about 100 pounds heavier than I am now. Our suits were black with dark blue shirts. My shirt was stained with the salt of my perspiration and my legs were hamburger from the heat rash I got all over them. Fuuuuuuck weddings in summer.

Also good luck with your wedding!

Hey, I wanted 10/10, she didn't want the summer either, it was more or less "only good date left available this year". Cause yes, summer weddings... Ugh

Because of the requirements of one of our translation cases, today I had to go to our local notary public's office just down the street. This was only my second time visiting that particular notary's office. The previous, and only, time I'd been there was at least six months ago. But today when I went in, the notary who'd handled my previous case, and who happened to be a young and very attractive woman, came up to me and said, "Hey, you're back, how can I help you today?" I was very impressed that she remembered me after so long, especially since the last time I was there I stayed for no longer than five minutes. Plus I was wearing a mask today.

And then when I was leaving, she took special care to smile at me and wave bye to me.

And now our experiment begins: does my special power work with other companies' employees? I'll report back the next time I need something notarized.
Update to this: There was a clerical error in one of the documents so we had to go back down there today to get it re-notarized. She's still there!

My family must have a pool for who can make me flip a table first. Like clockwork every few minutes there is drama/whining/crisis. It is late, I was sick all last week. Please let me have some quiet.

GasBandit

Staff member
I would argue that Colorado hates both California AND Texas.
At least the Texans go home. Californians bought houses and stayed.

I remember seeing SO many "Don't Californicate Colorado" bumper stickers. I never saw one about Texas.

At least the Texans go home. Californians bought houses and stayed.

I remember seeing SO many "Don't Californicate Colorado" bumper stickers. I never saw one about Texas.
You also lived in Colorado Springs, and also haven't lived here in a long time.