The Random Crap Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think she's decided on an answer yet. We worked together all day and didn't even bring it up.

I don't think this bodes well for me.

Just had a big long conversation with her over instant messenger. Well, it actually started out as an argument...

Suffice it to say I still don't think it's gonna go my way, but at least I was able to put her mind at ease on a number of things she "accused" me of, and now she may legitimately consider it more. She has a long-distance male friend she's going to be visiting in July and it's very possible something could happen there, whereas I just came out of nowhere for her, romantically-speaking.

We both have some things to think about, and we're gonna talk again tomorrow (after our shift together, FML), but at least she's not totally biased against the idea now...?

Yays!?

Fuck man, I'm never gonna be able to sleep now. I bared my fucking heart.

North_Ranger

Staff member
Weird thing I started wondering... In Kill Bill, Part 2 Bill is telling Budd about how the Bride went and killed O-Ren Ishii and her gang, the Crazy 88. Budd asks if she really killed eighty-eight bodyguards, and Bill says no, they were just called the Crazy 88 because it sounded cool, or something like that.

I just watched Kill Bill, and remembering that statement I decided for laughs to count how many of the Kato-masked thugs the Bride turns into katana depositories in that fight scene. Not counting O-Ren, Gogo Yubari (the psycho school girl with the meteor hammer) and Sofie Fatale (the chick who got her arm cut off), I counted... eighty-five. Which, counting for the margin of error in a high-octane fight scene with people dying left and right, is pretty damn close to eighty-eight. So I started wondering, is Bill just one of those old guys who think the antics of the younger people are stupid and shit, or is he lying to Budd? And if he's lying, then why?

North_Ranger

Staff member
So Bud would not be scared shitless to fight The Bride.
Why, then, would Bill want Bud to fight the Bride? Considering that she took out O-Ren AFTER she had killed or maimed her gang single-handedly, would Bud - a beer-swilling redneck living in a trailer and claiming he had pawned his priceless Hattori Hanzo blade - have had a snowball's chance in hell? I mean, he didn't actually fight the Bride. He disabled her long enough to bury her alive.

After a multi-part conversation I've been having with my father and my brother over three days, it was just pointed out to me that I've used the word 'narcissistic' almost a hundred times when what I'm trying to say is 'nihilistic.'

I feel really stupid now.

P

Philosopher B.

For our TV Production 1 class we were supposed to log on to Google Groups and test it out by modifying this file so that there are links beside our names. We were told to use any website we visit, as long as it's not inappropriate. Most of the sites I frequent feature bawdy humor, so I randomly chose 'Is XKCD Funny Today', which apparently is now a poll and not just a message that automatically says 'No'. Which allows for more interactiveness, but it's not as funny. :(

Edit: Oh. Apparently I mixed it up with 'Is XKCD Shitty Today'. Sheeeit, how many of those sites are there?

Cajungal

Staff member
After hurting my foot I had to find other types of activity for about a week. I thought I'd try yoga even though the idea of it didn't really appeal to me. Turns out I really really enjoy it. I didn't think I'd have the patience for it at all.

figmentPez

Staff member
Hahaha! A new update to Team Fortress 2 introduced new items to the game. Among them is a new "hat" for the medic class. Ze Goggles, special ability: "nothing". Awesome.

So Ms. Daddy Issues I mentioned earlier? She seems to be coming onto me now, after I had decided better not to try my luck. I'm honestly not sure how I feel about it. I'd probably say yes if she asked me out directly.

I'm enacting a position of "friendly and open, but not flirty"

There's a guy that works for the same company as me but he's in specialized support. He's puertorican but lives in Florida and I often have to transfer some calls to him, everytime I get to talk to him I just smile. His voice, his accent... uh, OMG, he meeeelts me -and the girl beside me- compleeetely.
I saw his picture on the intranet the other day... he looks like the star of a 90's latin soap opera, I swear he could've easily have appeared next to Eric Estrada in one.

*sigh* :wub:

Weird thing I started wondering... In Kill Bill, Part 2 Bill is telling Budd about how the Bride went and killed O-Ren Ishii and her gang, the Crazy 88. Budd asks if she really killed eighty-eight bodyguards, and Bill says no, they were just called the Crazy 88 because it sounded cool, or something like that.

I just watched Kill Bill, and remembering that statement I decided for laughs to count how many of the Kato-masked thugs the Bride turns into katana depositories in that fight scene. Not counting O-Ren, Gogo Yubari (the psycho school girl with the meteor hammer) and Sofie Fatale (the chick who got her arm cut off), I counted... eighty-five. Which, counting for the margin of error in a high-octane fight scene with people dying left and right, is pretty damn close to eighty-eight. So I started wondering, is Bill just one of those old guys who think the antics of the younger people are stupid and shit, or is he lying to Budd? And if he's lying, then why?
Both of them probably knew exactly how well the Bride could handle a sword. 88, 85, 144, I don't think the Bride would have much trouble with any amount of mostly untrained mooks. Bill probably didn't know how many bodyguards O-Ren had exactly, nor did he care, but he did know that she had a lot, and that the Bride killed them all.

That, or your first option.

So my friend* is an understudy in the San Fran production of Wicked. It looks like she's actually going to go on though and posted pictures of herself in makeup.

Before

After

*Chick I went to highschool with and am Facebook friends with.

My cousin just removed all pictures of her children from Facebook after being scared by some sort of documentary about online predators. I'm not that broken up about it because I'm not close to (nor do I particularly like) this cousin, and I guess it's her prerogative anyhow, but it hurts me to see people scared into becoming Luddites.

Status
Not open for further replies.