The Remake Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Staff member
This is for songs which have been remade by other artists. You don't necessarily have to say who did the original (heck, that might be more fun to make us guess!) but I want it to be a remake you LIKE.

So, for instance, Apocalyptica's version of Metallica's "Nothing Else Matters":

But probably not Dolly Parton singing "Stairway to Heaven":

Unless you like that, of course. In which case your responses will be summarily dismissed as lacking in taste.

I could fill this thread with tons of remakes, but I'll space it out a bit and let others post some of theirs first.

W

Wasabi Poptart

Another favorite. I always liked this song from NIN. The first time I heard this version I was absolutely stunned.

edit: I found one that could be embedded from Vimeo. Hope you don't mind I edited your post.

Dave

Staff member
Another favorite. I always liked this song from NIN. The first time I heard this version I was absolutely stunned.

Yes! YES!! God, watching that brings tears to my eyes. I know NIN did a good job with it, but Johnny Cash just brings a poignancy to it that NIN couldn't match. And the video brings it all together.

I use to like "Hurt," until my roommate went on a week-long drunken self-pity binge and played the song NONSTOP over and over and over . . .

The Sixpence None The Richer remake of The La's song "There She Goes":

Dave

Staff member
Ooh, Philosopher! You just reminded me of one of my all time favorites!

Israel Kamakawiwo'ole.

There's at least two songs here I didn't know were covers :\

The only version I could find, sorry about the low sound quality.

I see your cover of Enjoy the Silence and match it with Failure's version.

If I could, I would add Dishwalla covering Policy of Truth as well.

I honestly don't know much about music, so I can't think of too many songs that were remade.

Sadly, the only one I know off the top of my head...is this. And I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.