The Ultimate In Nerd Security Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Silvanesti

Don't fuck with people who own swords!

student may face criminal charges? (they haven't decided yet) dang. No castle law in Baltimore?

In Texas, it is self defense.
bah. They should give him an award.

I guess the geek learned his lessons from Star Wars well. When faced by an assailant, cut off his hand.

i.e. go all Ben Kenobi on his ass...

C

Chibibar

I guess the geek learned his lessons from Star Wars well. When faced by an assailant, cut off his hand.

i.e. go all Ben Kenobi on his ass...
well... cutting hands make sense. I mean the guy might live, but it seems the assailant keep charging and thus the chest cuts (I'm assuming) at least that is what I would have done.

well.. personally, if the guy was charging at me, I would have just stab the guy.

C

Chibibar

I doubt it was that thought-out, Chibi.

In my mind, I imagine the crook bum-rushed the guy, the guy made a series of hacks out of reflex. The crook probably lost his hand raising his arms reflexively in defense (see http://www.enotes.com/forensic-science/defensive-wounds).
Yea... either way, the guy broke into a home and got cut up for it (and later died from bleeding I assume)

I still think that kid shouldn't be press for criminal charges. I mean the kid didn't SEEK out the burglar to break into the kid's home. Like I said, In Texas, the kid wouldn't be charge (unless I am missing something in the article) the guy was still in the kid's garage right?

now if it was the front yard.... the law gets a little muddy there. Inside the home (and I would assume garage) is fairgame.

I still think that kid shouldn't be press for criminal charges. I mean the kid didn't SEEK out the burglar to break into the kid's home. Like I said, In Texas, the kid wouldn't be charge (unless I am missing something in the article) the guy was still in the kid's garage right?

now if it was the front yard.... the law gets a little muddy there. Inside the home (and I would assume garage) is fairgame.
I totally agree with you there.

But then again, I'm from Texas. When we talk about burglars, we tend to agree that if you *have* to kill someone on your front porch, make sure you drag him inside before the cops show up.

C

Chibibar

I totally agree with you there.

But then again, I'm from Texas. When we talk about burglars, we tend to agree that if you *have* to kill someone on your front porch, make sure you drag him inside before the cops show up.[/QUOTE]

That is what I have been told too :)

But then again, I'm from Texas. When we talk about burglars, we tend to agree that if you *have* to kill someone on your front porch, make sure you drag him inside before the cops show up.
I saw on the news one time that a convenience store clerk shot a perp that was over 100' away, through the back glass of his pick up truck, while driving away. The Sheriff said that the clerk was afraid that he was going to turn back around and kill him.

No charges pressed.

yeah, in texas, you're allowed to use deadly force if you're afraid for your life.

Sec. 9.34. PROTECTION OF LIFE OR HEALTH.

(b) A person is justified in using both force and deadly force against another when and to the degree he reasonably believes the force or deadly force is immediately necessary to preserve the other's life in an emergency.
If I was attacked by someone, and they ran to their car, I'd probably shoot under much the same justification: I didn't know if he was going to try to ram me, or get a gun from the car, or what.

S

Silvanesti

yeah, in texas, you're allowed to use deadly force if you're afraid for your life.

(b) A person is justified in using both force and deadly force against another when and to the degree he reasonably believes the force or deadly force is immediately necessary to preserve the other's life in an emergency.
If I was attacked by someone, and they ran to their car, I'd probably shoot under much the same justification: I didn't know if he was going to try to ram me, or get a gun from the car, or what.
Yup. If i saw anyone in my house then i would not hesitate in a moment to protect myself and my family. I really really hope this kid doesnt get in trouble because of some waste of life.

12 gauge, and my pride and joy, M1 Garand (used by a paratrooper through the European campaign)

The shotgun is my go to gun. It'll clear a room. The Garand is for the inevitable zombie invasion.

I really just like shooting for fun; target practice, not fuzzy creatures.

You also forget that in Texas you can use deadly force while in fresh persuit of a crime if you have a reasonable beliefe that the items stolen will not be recovered by any other means :)

edit: The whole drag him into the house thing is bad bad juju that's tampering with a crime scene, what's more reasonable is that the burglar kicked in your front door, you drew down on the BG and pulled the trigger as the BG went to turn and run away. I forgot how it was explained to me in my CHL class but there are many police cases where the suspect was shot in the back because he turned to run as the police pulled the trigger. Deff DO NOT pull him into your house. Castle doctrine protects your property ALL of it including the outside.

T

Twitch

I use a Kommando brand nugget
This nugget of awesome is a combination sniper rifle/grenade launcher! The extended clipazine holds plenty of specialized rounds, while the hopper on top holds small grenades that can blow anything up! The 2 scopes improve accuracy. This weapon, invented by Mack of Future Weapons, combines the firepower of a grenade launcher with the accuracy of a sniper rifle. However, it is bolt-action, which means it is slow to reload.

This nugget of awesome is a combination sniper rifle/grenade launcher! The extended clipazine holds plenty of specialized rounds, while the hopper on top holds small grenades that can blow anything up! The 2 scopes improve accuracy. This weapon, invented by Mack of Future Weapons, combines the firepower of a grenade launcher with the accuracy of a sniper rifle. However, it is bolt-action, which means it is slow to reload.
Is that an electric shaver mounted on the rifle?????

Is that an electric shaver mounted on the rifle?????[/QUOTE]

It's like a swiss army knife but in gun version. If you open up some pieces and bend it in the middle, it makes you breakfast. If you pull up that little black thing, an electric toothbrush appears...

It's the gun you want to use in the morning!

[
You also forget that in Texas you can use deadly force while in fresh persuit of a crime if you have a reasonable beliefe that the items stolen will not be recovered by any other means :)
Yeah...we have a strong belief in the value of personal property.

edit: The whole drag him into the house thing is bad bad juju that's tampering with a crime scene,
I don't know anyone who says that seriously. It's always said in jest. But it does give a good indication of the Texas mindset on how to deal with burglars. In some states, the rule of thumb is "try to escape first, and if you can't, then defend yourself." Which to me is ass-backwards. Why should a homeowner flee his own house for safety? Why should the life of the burglar be that sacrosanct, such that a home owner (whose life may be in danger) has to flee rather than acting to protect his life and his property? Just retarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.